shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find OEC Diamonds? Also pics please!

interestedinshiny

Rough_Rock
Hi all this is my first topic! :dance:

I've fallen madly in love with European cut diamonds, but I've been having a hard time finding options within my budget. See I want a fat stone 1.3 - 1.5 ct, and I want those optics on fleek. The options for H&A seem limitless whereas the options for European cuts seem non existent. Mainly I've been looking at lower color grades so I can get a bigger stone. I'm afraid an M or N color H&A wont look right, and if I get an OEC it will be smaller than I wanted. So this is where I have been looking:

goodoldgold.com
loveaffairdiamonds.com
oldworlddiamonds.com
jewelsbygrace.com
victorcanera.com

If you have any other sites to add to this list I would appreciate it, and if you have pics of OEC or warmer diamonds please share!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
interestedinshiny|1486855735|4127597 said:

I've fallen madly in love with European cut diamonds, but I've been having a hard time finding options within my budget. See I want a fat stone 1.3 - 1.5 ct, and I want those optics on fleek. The options for H&A seem limitless whereas the options for European cuts seem non existent. Mainly I've been looking at lower color grades so I can get a bigger stone. I'm afraid an M or N color H&A wont look right, and if I get an OEC it will be smaller than I wanted. So this is where I have been looking:

goodoldgold.com
loveaffairdiamonds.com
oldworlddiamonds.com
jewelsbygrace.com
victorcanera.com

If you have any other sites to add to this list I would appreciate it, and if you have pics of OEC or warmer diamonds please share!

Here's another thread where you'll find some OEC's to look at

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-m-n-o-colored-diamonds.154012/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-m-n-o-colored-diamonds.154012/[/URL]

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-m-and-under-diamonds-please.180912/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/show-me-your-m-and-under-diamonds-please.180912/[/URL]

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you seen old cut diamonds in that colour range before? Some people love them others that are very colour sensitive do not. It is true that OECs tend to hide or mask colour more in a mid range than MRB do but in the lower colours they are still going to show colour.

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
interestedinshiny|1486855735|4127597 said:

goodoldgold.com
loveaffairdiamonds.com
oldworlddiamonds.com
jewelsbygrace.com
victorcanera.com

Pricescopers also like to work with Ilya.
Ilya's websites: http://ivyandrose.com/ and http://stores.ebay.com/MyDiamondZone

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
If you go to the Antique and Vintage forum here you will find a huge list of vendors that sell antique and estate jewelry:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vendor-list-for-antique-vintage-and-repo-jewelry.193984/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vendor-list-for-antique-vintage-and-repo-jewelry.193984/[/URL]

People keep adding to the list so you may want to keep scrolling for the additions.

Also if you will post your budget and the perameters of the stone you want...color/clarity/size the expert PSrs will try to help you find the best stone for your budget.

Good luck with your search...love those OEC's too.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of great suggestions above for where to look. :clap: The only thing I will add is don't necessarily rule out the lower-colored OECs (e.g., M, N, O, etc.) without seeing them in person. These are some gorgeous stones, and (IMO) the tint increases the definition of the diamond. We all see different things of course, but pictures don't always reveal what your eyes will see in person. So try to see some in person if you're able. If you're near one of the vendors noted, take a day to go compare the colors and facet patterns in person. Jewels by Grace (www.jewelsbygrace.com) has a lot of great videos also of her loose diamonds if you cannot see diamonds in person.

And since you asked, here is my M old mine/early OEC (1.52 ct, 7.2 mm). I've been playing with metal options for how to set it, so have these for visuals.

omc_oec.jpeg

omc_oec_with_platinum_ring.jpeg

omc_oec_by_18kwgup__amp__yg2.jpeg

omc_oec_by_18kwgup__amp__yg.jpeg

becauseyes

Rough_Rock
For the past 4 months, I'd been looking for my holy grail OEC that was within budget and had the right specs. Finally, about a month ago, I found it. It took WORK - I was checking multiple sites daily, and had inquiries with LAD, JbyG, and OWD.
I wanted a 2ct+ stone with a certain facet pattern (checkerboard-y!) all under 10k. This was quite the task to find. I had ~7 different searches running on Ebay, and I checked Ruby Lane, Loupetroop, DiamondBistro, and the pre-loved forum of Pricescope daily. You can find some really great stones in these places if you take the time to look.
Surprisingly, I found my stone on Etsy. After months of not finding anything, on a whim, I decided to check Etsy which I hadn't done before. I know a few vintage/antique jewelry sellers prefer Etsy, so I figured maybe someone had posted some loose stones - and there it was! 2.43 ct, GIA L, SI1 (eye clean to me!) for 10k.

If you're budget concious and willing to do the legwork, I'd suggest the following as places to check for vintage OECs:
  • Etsy
    Ebay
    RubyLane
    Loupetroop
    DiamondBistro
    Pricescope Pre-Loved Forum

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
becauseyes|1487175758|4129142 said:
For the past 4 months, I'd been looking for my holy grail OEC that was within budget and had the right specs. Finally, about a month ago, I found it. It took WORK - I was checking multiple sites daily, and had inquiries with LAD, JbyG, and OWD.
I wanted a 2ct+ stone with a certain facet pattern (checkerboard-y!) all under 10k. This was quite the task to find. I had ~7 different searches running on Ebay, and I checked Ruby Lane, Loupetroop, DiamondBistro, and the pre-loved forum of Pricescope daily. You can find some really great stones in these places if you take the time to look.
Surprisingly, I found my stone on Etsy. After months of not finding anything, on a whim, I decided to check Etsy which I hadn't done before. I know a few vintage/antique jewelry sellers prefer Etsy, so I figured maybe someone had posted some loose stones - and there it was! 2.43 ct, GIA L, SI1 (eye clean to me!) for 10k.

If you're budget concious and willing to do the legwork, I'd suggest the following as places to check for vintage OECs:
  • Etsy
    Ebay
    RubyLane
    Loupetroop
    DiamondBistro
    Pricescope Pre-Loved Forum

Congratulations on finding your dream stone, becauseyes! It must have been so exciting! I hope you make a thread about your journey and diamond some day. Would you mind sharing the vendors you like on Etsy? Thank you!

Mrs777

Rough_Rock
JoCoJenn|1487171499|4129112 said:
A lot of great suggestions above for where to look. :clap: The only thing I will add is don't necessarily rule out the lower-colored OECs (e.g., M, N, O, etc.) without seeing them in person. These are some gorgeous stones, and (IMO) the tint increases the definition of the diamond. We all see different things of course, but pictures don't always reveal what your eyes will see in person. So try to see some in person if you're able. If you're near one of the vendors noted, take a day to go compare the colors and facet patterns in person. Jewels by Grace (www.jewelsbygrace.com) has a lot of great videos also of her loose diamonds if you cannot see diamonds in person.

And since you asked, here is my M old mine/early OEC (1.52 ct, 7.2 mm). I've been playing with metal options for how to set it, so have these for visuals.

Its beautiful. The culet is TDF

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
I have been looking for OECS recently, and was wondering what vendors you would recommend ny area. I've seen etsy vendors, but how do you know what you're getting without seeing the stone in person?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adam at Old World Diamonds is in nyc. Call him and talk to him. Tell him your budget , make an appt and go see him.

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!
Just trying to figure out the budget, which is always the hardest part.....

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Also, I'm a little bit concerned with color, but I'm seeing beautiful stones in the lower colors. What color do you think I could get by?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Does Parks fine group have a website or email?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry what's your budget?

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all for the information. Are there assets of the stones? How can you tell a cut in an OEC?

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yoram should probably be added to the list, although I'm not sure if he does OECs or not!

http://gemconcepts.net/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results