shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Sapphire Engagement Stone Help

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone and I apologize for the continued request for advise and all the questions I've asked over the last couple months. I've found out that this process is a lot tougher that I originally thought it'd be. haha. That being said, I think I've narrowed my options down to two stones and then have a few NSC stones I'm considering as well.

One of these will be the keeper I believe so I'd really appreciate everyone's thoughts on these that are willing to give them. Thanks everyone, its much appriciated!

Option 1:
Option1a.jpg
Option1b.jpg
Option1c.jpg
Option1d.jpg
Option1e.jpg

Option 2: (note that I'm waiting on getting a couple more pictures of this stone and will provide asap)
Option2a.jpg

Option 3:
https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/3.21ct-ceylon-pear-blue-sapphire-b6114-/
https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/2.05ct-ceylon-pear-blue-sapphire-b7916-/
https://www.thenaturalsapphirecompany.com/2.74ct-ceylon-pear-blue-sapphire-b8094-/

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vendor 1: Loves to backlit his stones, so they are always darker than shown. See the hand shot for a truer colouration. It's a sapphire with too much dark areas.

Vendor 2: There are both good things and not so good things, so I'll wait for more pictures.

Stone 3: Need an independent lab to verify non-treatment. Black spot on one edge and bubbles right on the crown needs verification that it is eye clean to you.

Stone 4: Again, needs a more respectable lab to verify non-treatment. Eye clean and overall pleasing, but colour isn't as intense as Stone 3.

Stone 5: Pretty dark stone...

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Thanks @chrono for your review of these, I really appreciate it.

Regarding Vendor 1. thank you for letting me know he likes to backlit his stones. I was already concerned that this stone might be to dark, so this probably put it over the edge of confirming it will be to dark. He's supposed to send me a video on Monday and I'll make sure to post it as well.

I only got one additional picture back from Vendor 2: Your thoughts? There is obviously a little uneven color towards the tip of the stone.
option2b.jpg

Are there any stones you could recommend that you know are out there? I'd really appreciate it if you have suggestions?

Thanks again everyone.

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Another option I found. Particularly the smaller of the two (ie. I was told that the larger of the two stones was poorly cut). Any thoughts on the smaller of the two?

Thanks all!

option3.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
From the photo, I'd definitely say that one has potential. Love the color.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd call in the pendant from Vendor 2 to see it in person. How is the review and return policy?

MaroonWhite

Rough_Rock
Thanks @minousbijoux, I think it has potential as well.

@chrono, I've requested for more pictures inquired about his review/return policy. Hopefully I hear back very soon.

As to the stone I posted most currently about (ie. the smaller of the two stones that I'm interested in), I received a few additional photos and a couple small videos. Could I get anyone's thoughts on this one, if you don't mind, it would really be appraised.

Thanks again everyone!

option3a.jpg
option3b.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results