shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you consider your dogs and cats as your kids?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our cats and dogs are family and we treat them as family. We love them and cherish them and do what we can to give them a happy content good life. They enrich our lives by being in them.

Sean_T

Shiny_Rock
Grew up with my dog, was 17 when we first got him.

I am now 27 and hes 11 (77 in dog years) so he is basically family to me.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I thought that little rant was stupid. Like she is literally comparing taking care of kids to taking care of pets???:roll I dont really call them my
furbabies or furkids, but if I did who cares? I do refer to them like they have brothers (my cats are boys). So like when its feeding time, I'll tell
one cat to go find his brother. Or I tell the older cat to quit picking on his little brother. I am definitely their Mom because I do what a mom
does...feed them, worry about them, clean their litter box, etc. They ARE part of our family and if I wanted to call them my furkids, I would!
Matter of fact, it makes me happy that people love their pets so much that they feel like they are their furbabies or furkids!

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman who wrote that article is an *******. Clearly, people know that animals are not humans. And for those of us who tried to have children and could not, our animals are likely the closest things we'll ever have to having children. Why would she care what we call our animals, if it brings us happiness? That article is a slap in the face to anyone who ever was unable to reproduce and she should be ashamed of herself.

For the record, I don't call my dogs "my kids or my furkids," but if I did it should not offend anyone who was lucky enough to have real children of his/her own.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two months ...

N'ah !

_____

DF, if you wish to avoid such reading pleasures, I recommend readings with covers. Tweets with links in them are a sort of novelty cover !

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha. That is nothing but a pot-stirring article to get clicks. Oh, internet, never change.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yuppers. They are my babies. :kiss2: I love them and call them my kids . My mom calls them her grand puppies (she even has a bumper sticker that says it).

I think this woman is being ridiculous. Who cares what I call my babies? Last I checked, what I call my pets shouldn't have any effect on you.:snooty:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. Dogs require a specific type of social structure and I abide by that and in turn they are happy and satisfied. They are good companions and get the best of care, frequent vet wellness checks, great food, attention, and love.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep! I have 2 babies & 2 fury babies, who are sister kitties that turned 3 this week. They were from an abandoned litter from the farm across the field & we got them at 7 weeks old, once they were independently feeding. And they (the kitties, although children are debatable ;)2 ) are a right pain in my arse, but definitely part of the family.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes!
LOVE my feather and furbabies!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't call them fur babies or fur kids, but my princess is my little girl, I'm her mummy and my DS is her brother :D

Is it different to having a child, yes of course, we haven't paid for private school, university, cars, an apartment, now a house, taken her on expensive holidays, worried she might get drunk or take drugs or get a girl pregnant. She also hasn't thrown a tantrum, stayed out late, answered back, left home and not called often enough, or said and done anything to hurt us :lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My cat and dog are my fur babies.

DK :bigsmile:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question for parents of human kids ... do you call them skinbabies?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny What a great idea!! My skinbaby. He's 18 now and would certainly appreciate the literal-ness of that moniker.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Well, reading that ridiculous article is 2 minutes I'll never get back.

I call my puppy my baby cuz she's a little over 14 weeks so... she's a baby. I watch her, bath her, drop her to & from daycare, feed her, clean up after her, do get visits, hired a trainer... yet I'm still totally aware she's not human. Go figure.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course we do. She is definitely our baby.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Absolutely, all 3 were our 'kids'. Jack decided I was his human the moment we brought him home, he's my avatar--he was the 3rd, & is turning 13 this December, definitely our fur baby.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PITB?
Pain in the bank?
Pain in my wallet...;(but I know they will drive me to places when I am too old to drive myself. Can your furbabies drive you around?...:lol:

Last edited:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're an integral part of our family but they occupy their own category. Kids = human.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pain in my wallet...;(but I know they will drive me to places when I am too old to drive myself. Can your furbabies drive you around?...:lol:

DF, how many times have I told you not to compare pets to humans? :snooty:
Pets'll win every time. :lol:

Q

Queenie60

My pets are definitely my kids. Unconditional love, unlike my human children!!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I once knew a girl who was dubbed "puppy" as an infant by her parents. She had big puppy dog eyes and, I suspect, was awfully hairy...

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes they are absolutely considered our "kids" especially as we can't have any human ones of our own. I don't think we are over the top about it though, I DO know the difference! ;)2 We adore them and I'm confident the feeling is mutual.

4lfclover

Rough_Rock
Our animals are part of our family. Even our fish. Each of them supply us with some form of entertainment. And, are super funny. And love us unconditionally. As we do them. :kiss2: To watch their expressions upon returning home. Or, just knowing their habits. I think all animals are pretty amazing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results