shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guys, guys. Give it a rest. DF may be a long time member of this forum, but he's still a troll when it comes to politics or culture. He's been doing this for freakin' EVER. When things get slow, he starts trying to get a reaction, and there's generally someone who'll bite. He loves it. He's about as predictable as the sun rising and setting. In my nearly 10 years here, he's never supported his bumper sticker analyses of politics, and I can pretty much guarantee he's never read a real history book, you know, one with depth and nuance, one that isn't written as a long stream-of-consciousness collection of bumper stickers.

Write your responses for yourselves or because you want others to read them, but you might want to just quit trying to make him "see" anything, because, ain't gonna happen. You will type many keystrokes, write well, and support your assertions with numbers, or examples, or history, and he will not discuss by showing you how you're wrong and supporting his assertions with anything he's read, he'll respond by deflecting with another bumper sticker, or one sentence about how he believes what he believes because he believes it.

Remember, facts mean nothing, and historical reality means nothing. We are in post-reality America and you're going to bash yourselves bloody on that insensate wall unless you pace yourselves. HE is so not worth it.
Agreed. I dont know why people still respond to someone who knows nothing about whats going on (now or in the past apparently) and just parrots the same shit over and over...

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agreed. I dont know why people still respond to someone who knows nothing about whats going on (now or in the past apparently) and just parrots the same shit over and over...
You mean like all the liberals here?...:P2 notice how they must bash Trump on HO every day or else they can't sleep.

ABKIS

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Guys, guys. Give it a rest. DF may be a long time member of this forum, but he's still a troll when it comes to politics or culture. He's been doing this for freakin' EVER. When things get slow, he starts trying to get a reaction, and there's generally someone who'll bite. He loves it. He's about as predictable as the sun rising and setting. In my nearly 10 years here, he's never supported his bumper sticker analyses of politics, and I can pretty much guarantee he's never read a real history book, you know, one with depth and nuance, one that isn't written as a long stream-of-consciousness collection of bumper stickers.

Write your responses for yourselves or because you want others to read them, but you might want to just quit trying to make him "see" anything, because, ain't gonna happen. You will type many keystrokes, write well, and support your assertions with numbers, or examples, or history, and he will not discuss by showing you how you're wrong and supporting his assertions with anything he's read, he'll respond by deflecting with another bumper sticker, or one sentence about how he believes what he believes because he believes it.

Remember, facts mean nothing, and historical reality means nothing. We are in post-reality America and you're going to bash yourselves bloody on that insensate wall unless you pace yourselves. HE is so not worth it.

That's actually kind of sad. Sounds like someone has absolutely nothing better to do with the day.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know nothing of our history. That's ok. In your eyes, Reagan is Jesus. Probably because your personal bank account was fat. Never mind that people were literally starving, smoking crack like fiends with the cocaine provided by his adminstration and shooting one another with weapons also provided by his administration.
So did Obama solved our drug problems?
btw , Fast and Furious happened under the Obama admin.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/266321-judge-rules-against-obama-on-fast-and-furious

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Let's dig up Nancy for some millennial Just Say No. We all know how the war on drugs goes. Keep them poor, keep them depressed, keep them on drugs, keep them in jail. Lather rinse repeat.

E B

Ideal_Rock
IMG_3045.jpg

After all the completely insane, inept, downright dangerous things Trump has said and done, this is the breaking point for the base...until Fox and Friends convinces them otherwise (should be happening about now).

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Back at ya Red. All the mirrors in your house must be draped in black.

@Matata I want to apologize to you and to @Calliecake for my rude behavior. It was inappropriate and I am sorry. Hope you can see you way through to forgive me. Thank you. :cry2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you can see you way through to forgive me.
Forgive you for what? Being honest about what you think of me? Revealing that you are just as full of snark and hypocrisy as those you choose to victimize when your buttons are pushed? I prefer straight talk, Red, not false layers of politeness. We are who we are. When you go off on a tantrum I assume you've lost a battle with one of your inner demons and I wait for you to regain your equilibrium and I hope you'll do the same for me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgive you for what? Being honest about what you think of me? Revealing that you are just as full of snark and hypocrisy as those you choose to victimize when your buttons are pushed? I prefer straight talk, Red, not false layers of politeness. We are who we are. When you go off on a tantrum I assume you've lost a battle with one of your inner demons and I wait for you to regain your equilibrium and I hope you'll do the same for me.

Well that is an interesting way to handle an apology. I don't do false politeness so I mean it when I apologize. I can be an ahole and so can you but that does not mean one can't be nice as well.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm not getting involved in whatever exchange the two of you had. I am sure I read it, but as I do not remember the exact words, it must not have been memorable to me. At any rate, I would not like to get between the two of you if you are fighting. You both scare me. But not enough to shut me up, I guess. I have to stick in my two cents.

I disagree with your assessment of how the human dynamics work, Matata. In a sense one could say that the ego lost control and let the id (in your words "one's inner demons") have the upper hand when one "goes off in a tantrum". But to call the ego "you" (as in "you go off in a tantrum", "you've lost a battle with one of your inner demons" ) is assuming that the ego is is one's true self more than one's id or superego is one's true self.

The ego is the balancing force in one's personality, but is it any more true of who one is than one's raw impulses (the id?) or one's better angels (one's superego)? Am I not my deepest rage and hatred, my strongest sex drive, and also my willingness to die to save someone else's life? These are all id and superego impulses.

So, if the ego is needed it is because the demons are contained by it. But so is the superego, that voice of the parents who represent civilization and who are needed if people are to live together. That part of us is as necessary for survival of the species as the id. It is not just there for "false politeness". It reminds us of what we need to do to get along with others.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire What I wouldn't give to have Obama back. I wouldn't worry about what kind of world my nieces and nephews will grow up in. This president is dangerous. If you don't see that, you aren't paying attention. I never in a million years thought I would see what we saw in Charlottesville. Trump has given the scum of the country a voice. The man couldn't do a decent thing if his life depended on it. But you go ahead and keep defending the man you didn't vote for.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood, I'm not sure what you are apologizing to me for. I'm not being snarky, I'm serious, I really don't know.

Things get heated in the political threads. No president in my life has made me as angry as this one has. It hurts my heart that there are people I love who voted for him. I've been very vocal on this thread and vented after I've had conversations with these people. There are days these threads have saved my sanity. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me on all things and It never has been my intention to hurt someone's feelings here.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Redwood, I'm not sure what you are apologizing to me for. I'm not being snarky, I'm serious, I really don't know.

Things get heated in the political threads. No president in my life has made me as angry as this one has. It hurts my heart that there are people I love who voted for him. I've been very vocal on this thread and vented after I've had conversations with these people. There are days these threads have saved my sanity. I certainly don't expect everyone to agree with me on all things and It never has been my intention to hurt someone's feelings here.

Great! I won't think of it another minute then. :wavey:

It is too bad that an election has affected so many so personally.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
President d$&khead is at it again. He threatened to "totally destroy" North Korea today at the UN Meeting. Mattis has said repeatedly that this type of rhetoric is not helpful when dealing with North Korea. I seriously wish we could be all put Trump and his supporters to an area where the nuclear bomb would land since they seem to be the only people on earth who are not concerned with this president's words. You feel his words have no consequences, fine then you can deal with the consequences of his words and leave the rest of the world out of it.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh @Calliecake I read lots about how awful the speech was, but couldn't bring myself to watch it. Whenever I watch him I feel ill and depressed. But read about the "totally destroy" nonsense, as well as "rocket man". How is this as*hole still POTUS?! I am just floored.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ugh @Calliecake I read lots about how awful the speech was, but couldn't bring myself to watch it. Whenever I watch him I feel ill and depressed. But read about the "totally destroy" nonsense, as well as "rocket man". How is this as*hole still POTUS?! I am just floored.

I haven't watched the speech @Lovesdogs. I received a notice from CNN stating what Trump said at the UN meeting. It hasn't been an easy day and listening to his speech will only raise my blood pressure.

I'm hoping whatever it is the US Government has found wiretapping Manafort also implicates Trump. A girl can dream!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Calliecake I don't think that's a far off dream. He was tapped under FISA for a looonnnnng time, and no doubt said some incredibly shady and illegal stuff to Trump. I think it will implicate Trump, it's just a matter of time.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I too cannot watch him
I can't listen to him.
I throw up a little just reading quotes of him, or even reactions of others to what this POS says.

My greatest daily fear is clicking on BBC or NPR and being assaulted with a fill-screen pic of his cheeto face.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thankfully after the first 100 days my main news (and I'd argue Britain's main news source), the BBC, decided to get it's head out of America's arse and start reporting on our own domestic affairs and other world events. There's so much going on in the world and just getting his opinion or quotes from him was doing my head in.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@kenny You better watch out. @Dancing Fire may knock you over as he runs to defend Trump.

Apparently Melania gave a speech at a United Nations luncheon today. She basically said our children need to be saved from cyber bullying. This idiot is married to the biggest cyber bully of our time and she is up there talking about how cyber bullying needs to stop. Melania, worry about your own 71 yr. old child.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
President d$&khead is at it again. He threatened to "totally destroy" North Korea today at the UN Meeting. Mattis has said repeatedly that this type of rhetoric is not helpful when dealing with North Korea. I seriously wish we could be all put Trump and his supporters to an area where the nuclear bomb would land since they seem to be the only people on earth who are not concerned with this president's words. You feel his words have no consequences, fine then you can deal with the consequences of his words and leave the rest of the world out of it.

Yes this is EXACTLY how I feel about it that a large number of his white supremacist male dickhead followers and others that support him fanatically don't care if this s@#* goes down because they live in their own safe and secure narrow minded little lives, but me I have to actually think about the consequences of this s@#* because I possibly live within a strike zone. And god help all South Koreans and the poor Japanese who have seen a couple of missiles fly overhead not knowing if it was the end or not. I was watching this program on TV where the Japanese are teaching young children to run inside in the middle of their house away from glass and stay down low when they hear sirens. I was like OMG I thought we moved past that s@#* in the Western World after WWII. Obviously the cold war taught us nothing......

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Internet is bubbling over a new state of Nambia. ( I can proudly say that I own a real Nambian spessartite, lol.)
And I also think that we have been seriously spoiled by Obama. For 8 years we heard normal, logical, good speech. Before that, we had a dude who confused Slovakia and Slovenia, called Kosovars "Kosovans" and asked Brazilian leader, "so you, too, have blacks?" We have very short memory. We already had a greedy idiot for a President (although much more amicable than this one) and he started a major, catastrophic war. How could people elect another one?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I also think that we have been seriously spoiled by Obama. For 8 years we heard normal, logical, good speech.

Yup, so spoiled that Americans don't wanted to live under 4 more yrs. of his liberal policies. Middle class Americans have disappeared under Obama's watch.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You always forget that more Americans voted for Clinton. :wall:

Yup, so spoiled that Americans don't wanted to live under 4 more yrs. of his liberal policies. Middle class Americans have disappeared under Obama's watch.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
BS. If Obama could have run a third term, he would be our president.

Tsk. DF-Troll 1, partgypsy 0.

Resist! Don't feed the troll!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BS. If Obama could have run a third term, he would be our president.
I'd agree!. Obama was a very popular Prez. but not a good Prez when it comes to running our economy . Had I ran I could have beaten Trump. ..:P2

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results