shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I wear my Brian Gavin pave band? Expert advice needed!

Rosiepink

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

Pricescope was an integral part of picking out my engagement ring and wedding band for both my fiancé and I and they couldn't be more perfect! So I thought I would come back now that we're married (yay!) with another burning question.

I have the Brian Gavin fishtail pave as my wedding band in platinum alloyed with ruthenium. Of course I want to wear it daily but I work in a hospital setting so I am constantly taking gloves on and off and while I'm not worried about it coming off because it fits very well, I am worried about damaging the little prongs and losing a stone.

I keep telling myself jewelry is meant to be worn not worshipped but I wrestle with the decision to put it on every morning over my plain gold band that I've been wearing because I would be so sad to have to ship it all the way to Texas and be without it to replace the stone.

Any experience or knowledge regarding this? Should I just wear it and enjoy it and worry about any issues as they come up or keep it tucked safely away where I know nothing bad can happen to it!

Q

Queenie60

Wear it - you never know what tomorrow will bring. Enjoy life and bling all that you can. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, I agree with the ladies...wear it!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Jewelry is meant to be worn. I've had a couple of rings repaired. Also, it's really not that big of a deal to get something repaired if it does get damaged. Whiteflash takes good care of it for a week or so, and it comes back looking sparkly and new!

P

PierreBear

Yes, wear it and enjoy it! I have a eternity band that I wear solo sometimes when traveling. It was fine after 7 years but one time it got bent. I think it was due to holding onto the subway train rails from an abrupt stop. All was not lost and brought it back to my local jeweler and they fixed it on the spot.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many people in medicine don't, so you certainly aren't alone if you don't. I wouldn't unless it was insured.

Sparkly2017

Rough_Rock
I would try a week wearing it and compare to a week without it. See how you feel and follow your gut! :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd be worried about the constant putting and taking off of the gloves affecting the the integrity of the diamonds in the setting. I used to work in a dental surgery, and we weren't allowed to wear any jewellery, other than a plain wedding band.

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would worry about the hospital germs getting into the crevices and growing in the moist conditions inside the gloves. I think plain bands are more suitable for that kind of job. I don't wear my nice rings cleaning the litter box either. Sorry for being a party pooper!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wouldn't wear it to work. I bought a simple gold band with a pattern on it that I wore. Was easy to clean & no issues with damaged stones or rings getting caught on equipment. I wore my 3/4 eternity on my days off & I enjoyed it even more. :)
Judy

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm with those who say keep it at home & wear the plain Band, at work. I work in the Medical Field. If I wore gloves more often than I do, I wouldn't wear my diamonds to work, either. Your pave can be enjoyed on days off & after your shift is over. ;)2

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am no expert...but I'm of the belief that if it feels good do it. Ya know, life is short, eat the cake, buy the shoes, wear the ring! :P2

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't wear it send the ring to me...;)2

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would worry about the hospital germs getting into the crevices and growing in the moist conditions inside the gloves. I think plain bands are more suitable for that kind of job. I don't wear my nice rings cleaning the litter box either. Sorry for being a party pooper!

That's the other reason we weren't allowed to wear jewellery.

flyingpig

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not wear it for disease control reasons, especially between the work and home, and when you have a child.

If your main concern is potential damage to thr ring, wear it.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am also with those that say wear it after work or on your days off. As much as I think that jewelry should be worn and enjoyed, I also don't think that it should be a reason for worry. Pavè definitely needs more baby-ing. Another suggestion - can you possible get a lower maintenance diamond band to wear at work, something like a channel set band? If you decide to wear it, please have it insured ;-)

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
So much good advice. I always advise, while you should enjoy and wear your jewelry is it worth your peace of mind? Everyone has great reasons why they would or wouldn't and all have validity- ultimately you should do what gives you the most pleasure on a daily basis.. if the pleasure you get from looking down and seeing or feeling your ring is stronger than the stress you feel, go for it. But if you are going to crucify yourself should something happen to your ring and live with an "I never should have..." regret- maybe the plain band is a better idea. Whatever you decide make it the right choice for your mental health! :)

ratatat

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I say wear it

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I personally would save the diamond band for non-work time, and wear a simple stainless band for work. Hospital equipment can wreak havoc on a diamond band, and not to mention germs getting in the settings.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I personally would save the diamond band for non-work time, and wear a simple stainless band for work. Hospital equipment can wreak havoc on a diamond band, and not to mention germs getting in the settings.
Diamonds will kill any germs within 3 fts...;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results