shape
carat
color
clarity

Shameful TV Likes

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooooo shame to admit I like watching Say Yes To The Dress when I am staying at home on my days off.
May be it appeals to the soppy romantic side of me, and I love to watch the interactions especially between the brides and their mothers.
And the dresses! Some of them are just divine!
It did bring back unpleasant memory of my own wedding dress shopping experience, and I ended up having one made instead as nothing off the shelf suited my small chubby Coke can frame and colouring.
Perhaps I still wish to be a princess for a day, not that it will happen as my practical side will stop me from spending a lot of money on a dress for just one day, not to mention I have to find a SO first! :lol::lol::lol:
Care to share your shameful TV likes?

DK :mrgreen:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pit bulls and parolees :oops:

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just finished watching Supergirl.. Ahhhhhhh.. I'm so embarrassed now. :lol-2:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I watch anything Marvel. I'm not sure that I am ashamed... :bigsmile:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of the Real Housewives shows on Bravo and when Mob Wives was on that was a favorite too. I know it's scripted reality and garbage but I just can't help myself :Up_to_something:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gossip Girl. I may have Netflix binged my way through all 6 seasons twice. Maybe. I deserve allllll the side-eye. Chuck and Blair were my JAM.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like/d gossip girl! My shameful ones are similar to that - vampire diaries, pretty little liars lol.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
I watch "Say Yes to the Dress" when I encounter it -- I don't actually know when it's on. Sometimes I end up watching it all afternoon! Love the dresses. I tell my friends that if they decide to marry we're going to Kleinfeld's!

My guilty pleasure: Hallmark mysteries.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. I used to watch say Yes to the Dress all the time after my daughter got divorced. She was sure she would never get married again, but I knew she would. She found a beautiful dress and was a beautiful bride for the second time to a much better man. I don't have any desire to watch it again. It kind of reminds me of when I was pregnant with my boys, I craved green olives so bad. I would stand at the refrigerator door and eat them out of the jar. Once I gave birth I never ate another-and still don't. That's how I feel about that show.
I have watched all the seasons of Hawaii 5-0 on Netflix. I am on my second round. I watch at least one or two episodes a day. Sometimes a lot more when my DH is working multiple days in a row. I love the relationship between the characters and the scenery. Not to mention, Alex O'Loughlin isn't hard on the eyes.
I love to watch Hallmark movies too. They are predictable and sappy but sometimes I just want to watch a happy ending.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (the only Real Housewives I watch) because I love ooogling their jewellery.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Daytime tv. If I'm home, I'll put the Today Show on and keep the tv on NBC through Days of Our Lives, which I've watched since I was a little girl (thanks, mom!) I'll also watch late afternoon talk shows, Steve Harvey, Ellen and/or Wendy Williams. After that, the news.

Thankfully, I'm not usually home to see all of that in one day. And, I'm not gene glued to the tv the whole time, though I mosty sit for Days.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just started on DC's Legends of Tomorrow on Netflix.. (catching up on all these shows!). Why didn't anyone tell me that this show was also a Prison Break mini-reunion?????? I definitely would have checked it out earlier if I'd known Wentworth Miller and the guy who plays his brother on Prison Break were on the show. :doh:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the Real Housewives shows. I have watched most of them. My favorites are RHONY and RHOOC and RHONJ and RHOBH. I cannot help myself. I hate most of these women but I cannot stop watching.

I also enjoy The Bachelorette and The Bachelor though in the past few years I fast forward through a lot of it. I am a romantic at heart and just want them to find true love but usually many of them and their antics are sort of ridiculous but still I watch.

And I love Survivor and even Big Brother. I love all the Million Dollar Listing shows too. Love seeing the beautiful homes and the house hunting. Which reminds me I am a HGTV junkie but I am not sure that qualifies under this category but I watch all the House Hunting shows. Beach Hunters, House Hunters International, Island Hunters etc. These are not shameful tv likes but just including them because they are reality tv and I do love watching all the HGTV shows. Perhaps my favorite channel.

I used to watch Yes to the Dress but have not watched that for years. Since Kleinfeld moved locations. That had nothing to do with it but just saying that was the last time I watched that show. No reason just fell off my radar. I used to enjoy it. I love fashion. Oh yes I LOVE Project Runway and it is back and better than ever. Love watching the amazing designers create. Fascinating!

Lastly I enjoy watching Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen who has the reality "stars" on his show and so I like hearing behind the scenes stuff. And I like Andy Cohen very much.

I don't know what it is about reality shows but I watch these and am embarrassed because I know it is "junk" tv yet I enjoy them so I watch them. And I freely admit it.

blackprophet

Brilliant_Rock
"You are NOT the father"
"The lie detector test determined that was a lie"

I watch Maury whenever I'm home.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, my husband and I don't watch reality shows but recently he got really into Terrace House on Netflix, it's like a Japanese version of Big Brother but without the competitive or antagonistic aspect. He said there was just something very Zen about the whole show. I still don't get the whole reality show thing but that one comes highly recommended.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guilty pleasures are Real Housewives of BH, NY and OC, Flipping Out, Watch What Happens Live, Dateline and 48 Hours.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
...I love to watch Hallmark movies too. They are predictable and sappy but sometimes I just want to watch a happy ending.

Look what I saw on the Washington Post!

The feel-good Hallmark Channel is booming in the age of Trump
There's a very good chance that you or someone in your close circle of friends watches the Hallmark Channel.

Ratings are booming. Hallmark was the only non-news channel in the top 15 to see substantial viewership growth last year. In November and December, when Hallmark aired Christmas movies almost nonstop, the channel often ran neck-and-neck with Fox News and ESPN for the title of most-watched TV network on basic cable. Ratings are up another 9 percent so far this year, Nielsen says, and the Christmas movie marathon hasn't even started yet.

It's feel-good TV. There's no sex or gore. Hallmark movies and series like “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores” have happy endings. The main characters do the right thing. The problems get worked out. The guy and girl, whatever their age or grumpiness level at the start, always end up together. This kind of TV has always drawn in older women, but Hallmark's appeal isn't limited to them anymore. Ratings are growing fast among 18- to 49-year-old women, and a growing number of men are tuning in as well. Men account for some of the jump in the Nielsen ratings, and when the channel does focus groups, increasing numbers of men say they watch with their wives...[snip]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, my husband and I don't watch reality shows but recently he got really into Terrace House on Netflix, it's like a Japanese version of Big Brother but without the competitive or antagonistic aspect. He said there was just something very Zen about the whole show. I still don't get the whole reality show thing but that one comes highly recommended.

Thanks mochiko. I will check that out. I always appreciate recommendations. Thank you!

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
All the real housewife francises, I just LOVE the bling :love:

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Real Housewives of OC, Teen Mom OG and Teen Mom 2, LOVE Flipping Out

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look what I saw on the Washington Post!

The feel-good Hallmark Channel is booming in the age of Trump
There's a very good chance that you or someone in your close circle of friends watches the Hallmark Channel.

Ratings are booming. Hallmark was the only non-news channel in the top 15 to see substantial viewership growth last year. In November and December, when Hallmark aired Christmas movies almost nonstop, the channel often ran neck-and-neck with Fox News and ESPN for the title of most-watched TV network on basic cable. Ratings are up another 9 percent so far this year, Nielsen says, and the Christmas movie marathon hasn't even started yet.

It's feel-good TV. There's no sex or gore. Hallmark movies and series like “When Calls the Heart” and “Chesapeake Shores” have happy endings. The main characters do the right thing. The problems get worked out. The guy and girl, whatever their age or grumpiness level at the start, always end up together. This kind of TV has always drawn in older women, but Hallmark's appeal isn't limited to them anymore. Ratings are growing fast among 18- to 49-year-old women, and a growing number of men are tuning in as well. Men account for some of the jump in the Nielsen ratings, and when the channel does focus groups, increasing numbers of men say they watch with their wives...[snip]

Haha! Exactly why I watch it! I actually do watch both "When calls the heart" and "Chesapeake Shores". I don't feel at all ashamed about it. (smiles) Even before Trump, life is hard. That's just the reality of it. It is escapism of the best kind.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lifetime movies. A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick story is one of my FAVS.:oops:

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot turn away from the tv if one of those judge judy type shows is on, just to view the train wreck. I also distress from work by watching Forensic files with a glass of wine and snacks.

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
I LOVE Terrace House!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I watch little TV but am addicted to The Best British Baking Show. I could watch it over and over and over and over and reruns don't bother me!!!!! (maybe that is the shameful part lol)

cheer--Sharon

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1793.GIF
Me watching Cupcakes Wars

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 600 lb Life, Body Bizarre, and Monsters Inside Me

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 600 lb Life, Body Bizarre, and Monsters Inside Me

I love Body Bizarre and Monsters Inside Me. We can only get Body Bizarre at the beach house though because that channel isn't offered on our cable service in NYC. Have you ever watched Mystery Diagnosis? That is one of my favorite shows.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love Body Bizarre and Monsters Inside Me. We can only get Body Bizarre at the beach house though because that channel isn't offered on our cable service in NYC. Have you ever watched Mystery Diagnosis? That is one of my favorite shows.

Yes! I love that show! ...but it's not as "mysterious" as they make it... (I mean, what is up with these docs who can't diagnose simple things?? I'm a lowly pharmacist, and I can guess correctly most of the time.) :)

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Law and order reruns. If I turn it on, everything stops and I get nothing done.

Reactions: t-c
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results