carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, no problem - I usually know the Apple rumors but since I don't want an Apple watch I don't pay attention to those rumors. I'll pay more attention and keep you updated.

Thank you for the info on the wine frig. Quiet would be important to us too and like you say you can make it works for different sizes of bottles. That might be a good idea to get Marty for Christmas. He eyes them all the time.

I had a busy day. I got up about 6:10. The cleaning lady showed up about 7:45. Since Marty hasn't been here lately she was done with the man cave and basement quickly so I had her clean the lazy susan in the kitchen and wash the screen door and patio doors. When I was putting the spices back in the cupboard a tin of garlic pepper didn't have the lid on tight and I spilled it all over my clean floor. I was sure sneezing cleaning that mess up.

My sister and BIL came to town this morning to get her sapphire pendant. We all went to lunch after the cleaning lady was done. Downtown was hopping since the farmer's market was going on and eclipse travelers are everywhere. Even so we got seated right away at the restaurant which was lucky since I had only about an hour to eat. This afternoon I gave an eclipse program at the retirement home where we hold our monthly meetings. I had about 50 people attend and everyone seemed to enjoy it.

When I got home I decided to sync up my phone and iPads; I haven't done that since I bought this new laptop right after Christmas. Some old apps were bought under my old iTunes account so I lost some stuff since I couldn't remember my old password but so far I haven't notice anything I use missing.

An old friend of mine stopped by this afternoon and we had a nice long visit. He was one of the original founders of our astronomy club and he was only 14 when I met him. He and I became really good friends; he is like Sheldon a la Big Bang smart so he never seemed like a kid to me. That was 31 years ago, how time flies. He lives in the Bay area now and I get to see him now and then when he's home to visit his parents. He is joining Marty and co at the scout camp for the eclipse. It was great catching up with him.

Tomorrow I have nothing planned. I'll be bored.
Curby

My sister's sapphire pendant. It is a light blue 1.08 carat. The restaurant was dark but it looked really nice.
pendant.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I saw pictures of your beach house on the small house thread - it looks fabulous.

I slept in until 8 this morning. Woo hoo! I had to go pick up a few more things from the grocery store so I had them make me some more ground sirloin for tacos tomorrow. This store charged me full price so I'll definitely patronize the other store if they continue to give me discounts. I decided to make myself homemade pizza today and tried something different since I can't eat an entire pizza. I divided the dough in to 4 sections and baked one pizza then made 3 pizzas for the freezer. I bought little 8" tin foil pans to freeze them in and once they get frozen I'll move them to freezer bags. Instant suppers. Sweet.

I guess NASA is gong to launch some balloons from the scout camp where Marty is staying for the eclipse so maybe he'll be on TV in the crowd. That will be cool.

I had some fresh from the garden tomatoes and cucumbers tonight. They were delicious. My BIL and nephew both grow all sorts of veggies in their back yard so I am always delighted to get fresh produce when we see them.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Eclipse Day Curby!

When I got to work this morning there was a pair of eclipse glasses on my desk. The firm ordered them for everyone -- so I do have them!!! The weather here is pants (to quote Lorelei, who I miss very much... ) so I don't know if we're going to see a lot. How cool that they are going to launch the balloons at Marty's location! Here's his big TV moment, LOL.

The CB and I just tooled around town this weekend. We came back early yesterday to try to beat the traffic into the city because of the air and water show, and it wasn't too bad at all. The Blue Angles did their show about 2:30 and we sat under a big tree kitty corner from the building and watched them. My other big accomplishment of the evening involved doing my nails, ha ha. The CB made meatloaf for dinner and we went to bed early. The excitement abounds at Casa Dee Jay.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Eclipse Day Dee Jay!

That is great you had a pair of eclipse glasses waiting for you on your desk. I miss Lorelei too and definitely remember her term pants. Did you get to see anything there? I had NASA TV on but didn't see Marty or his location on air. I recorded it though so I can look again sometime.

We had clear skies here. The friend of mine that came over brought her own solar eclipse glasses so I was messed with my second pair of glasses to try and get a solar filter on my iPad or iPhone to take pictures but figured out quickly that was a PITA so I resorted to photographing the eclipse through a colander. Worked like a charm. My solar binoculars worked great. We went in and out of the house a few times but mostly stayed inside and watched NASA TV. We did set on the deck for about 15 minutes around maximum eclipse. The sky didn't really get dark but looked strange and shadows looked different. It was noticeable cooler. I am sure I'll hear from Marty I should have been with him to see totality but I know I was way more comfortable here. :D

Now I have to mentally prepare myself for going back to work. That's tough after 4 days of goofing off. Oh well, those pesky bills must get constantly fed.

Have a great day.
Curby
Eclipse.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Curby, that is SUPER cool! It was so overcast here that we only saw it intermittently. I tried to take some pics with the glasses over my iphone camera but if you didn't know what they were... well... you'd have no idea what they were, ha ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Dee Jay. I could see the Sun on my phone through the glasses but the screen is so washed out in the Sun it was kind of a pain and i hated to tape it down so I decided it wasn't worth it. The little colander worked great.

Here is the traffic coming back to town. I am not expecting Marty anytime soon.

traffic.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, that's probably more traffic that that stretch of read has seen in the entire time it's been in existence! My friend who was down in MO said they had a "traffic jam" on the way back to the house too... it took about and extra five minutes to get there, LOL. Did Marty enjoy the event?

Last night I cleaned up a bit. I really want to know what exactly happens on my kitchen counter to make it the dumping ground! I sound like a broken record because I know I say that over and over, but seriously! I also did some laundry and a little bit of other stuff, and then went to bed.

We're trying to get someone to come out and look at the HVAC system on Friday. I suspect the blower motor is on its last legs and I'd rather replace it now than have it go out when it's 108 in the shade. Plus, that sucker is LOUD so I'm hoping a newer one will be quieter. They can also adjust the speed, which means that it will run longer to get to the same temp, but I'm fine with that if it's quieter. As a final option we can put in some duct liner, but that will involve cutting a hole in the wall, and I would really like to avoid that, so I'm hoping the new blower motor at a slower speed will do enough good. It's always something!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is spot on about the traffic on our highways. Most people’s trips took 2 to 3 times the normal travel time. My SIL keep me posted on their speed; when they finally got on the highway traffic was moving at a whopping 15 mph. She was really excited when they got up to 55 mph. They got home about 7:30 and it took them more than twice the normal time.

Yes, Marty and his sister thoroughly enjoyed the eclipse. Both of them said it was worth it and I missed out. I’m still not convinced the negatives of the weekend for me would have been “eclipsed” by 2 minutes of totality.

The middle of our dining room table seems to be our dumping ground. I don’t let it pile up as high as I did at our last house. And this table is a lot larger so I figure that counts for something.

I hope they can put in a new blower motor for your AC. That is definitely something to be proactive with because like you said it would go out when it’s 108. Just like heaters go out during blizzards.

Four day weekends don’t come cheap and easy. Ugh. My boss was grumpier than normal today and my team made a mistake yesterday. A few ultimatums later and I get to try and get my team (don’t laugh) to show initiative and motivation to learn how to do my work when I’m gone. I sent them an email and said - please stop by my desk and I’ll show you how to do this. Not one of them stopped by today. Every time I heard them talking I went in and put them to work on something else. Get me grumped at and I’ll grump at you. Ha!

I hauled in some of Marty’s stuff from the weekend tonight and I am washing everything. Two pairs of his socks has so many thorns, stickers and sticky bark on them I plan on throwing them away. I think one of them is one of his favorite pair of socks. I don’t want to get those stickers in the washing machine though. He got a rock chip on his windshield this weekend and then it split. Darn.

My glasses are ready to pick up. The doctor called me again and wants me to come in tomorrow to get another 3D image taken then he’ll check my new glasses on me. He told Marty he thinks my new glasses will help me see. Marty said he is doing another image because he wants to reassure me I’m fine. Strange. I did think of 2 more questions I am going to ask him. Once Marty gets home from the gym I’ll pick his brain some more about his conversation with the eye doctor today.

Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, you should set up meeting times on the calendar for each of your employees to come by and learn what you need to show them. Send out a message like, "Since none of you were proactive on my offer yesterday we will handle this in a more formal way. Your meeting times are: ... " Show 'em who's boss!

Yesterday I went to the dentist at 3:30 and it didn't make sense to go back to the office so I went home... and did pretty much nothing... LOL. I really have to start staying up later too because I go to sleep and then roll around after the CB gets up for two hours before I get up. Maybe if I just STAYED up later I would go back to sleep after he leaves. Hmmm... I'm going to try that out.

The carpenter over at the boathouse texted me last night that he's going to get in there and finish things up. This morning he asked me a question about the door knobs and hinges, so maybe he really IS there doing stuff. I'll believe it when I see it actually DONE!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Last night I worked until about seven and then the CB and I went out for $5 burger night at a local place. When we came home I got up the courage to work on the boathouse budget spreadsheet, which I had stopped updating in April and just started stuffing the receipts in the file. It really wasn't as bad as I had feared, LOL. Honestly, taking the furniture out of the mix, the price I paid plus what I put into the renovation is about the same as what unrenovated units are on the market for now. I think these places do change hands furnished through, so who knows what will happen when the time comes.

Today I am in my office and I am going to get A LOT done!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I like your idea of calendar appointments and accompanying message.

Good plan to go to bed later. If I go to bed before 10:30 I am wide awake at 3 or 4 am.

Hopefully the carpenter is at the boathouse and finishing things up for you. Sweet.

Your $5 burgers sound like a great deal. Even better was determining the budget on the boathouse wasn't as bad as you expected. That is always a pleasant surprise. You did good.

Yay for getting a lot done at the office. Today was the first day I had my work done before 4 pm. I was bored the last hour.

My appointment with the eye doctor yesterday was rather surprising; my macula and fovea (I am becoming so knowledgeable on eyes) have changed in 2 weeks and my vision has improved. The 3D imaged showed a spot he says is fluid so he put me on eye drops that should take out that inflammation. The tiny bottle and I do mean tiny was about $340 dollars - OUCH!!! I doubt the bottle lasts me 2 weeks. It says "shake well" so I did and then when I opened the lid probably $50 worth of eye drops shot out of the top. It's foamy instead of fluid and I was all thumbs getting a drop in my eye. I am sure I'll get better at it.

Strange thing is this morning my vision is better and I can breathe through my nose. I was texting Missy a while ago because I had the delusion that maybe my allergies / sinuses were swollen and pushing on my eye. Her expert opinion doesn't concur. I am going to continue to use the eye drops and have another appointment on the 6th. My wavy lines and center distortions / gray areas are still there but distance is better ish. I'll take it.

My new glasses and lenses for my sun glasses were in yesterday so I got those. I hate the glasses; they are the most uncomfortable pair of frames I've ever had; they adjusted the fit 3 times and it only slightly improved. As for the vision with them I have to look down and to the left to see things clearly. I am going in Sunday and picking different glasses (I'm getting Oakley again this time) and they will order in new lenses for my sunglasses.

I was so excited about breathing this morning and my vision being better that I went off to work without my diamond ring. My little sapphire diamond band was lonely today. I figured I'd have to hunt down my ring in one of the Killer Rabbits mouths when I got home but Marty was nice and put it up for me.

It looks like he is heading to LA next week.

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I think they finally got my sunglasses adjusted correctly today. I found a spot that I could see pretty well with them - the temples were on my ears so I went in and said I can see great with these where they are setting on me now so they had me put them on "normal" and the girl tweaked them right in one try. Sweet. I ordered in a new pair of glasses; I'll try to get that girl who helped me today to work with me when they come in. Next year remind me to go to a different optical shop.

My left eye is still seeing better; not that all the issues are gone but it's better. Sweet.

I've been reading quite a bit the last few days. I finished the new Michael Connelly book and started a new W.E.B. Griffin book.

Marty heads to DIA about 3 tomorrow afternoon. LA here he comes.

Have a great weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

This weekend went way too fast. I am washing our sheets and blankets today. Marty and I were battling with them in our sleep all night - he was throwing them off on me, then I'd wake up too hot and throw all my covers off, which of course ended up back on him so he'd throw them off again when he got warm. One time they went right on my face. Then of course I woke up cold because I have no covers. I couldn't pull the covers back my way because Marty was sleeping on tip of them. I got what corners I could get to at least try to warm up. Since Marty is heading to LA shortly tonight those covers will be mine, all mine. :D

I had Marty cook me breakfast today - I had a piece of fried bacon, some fried taters and cheesy eggs. Not bad. Of course he ate 6 eggs and I ate 1. I was cutting in to his bacon though so I only ate one piece.

My nieces who live in the Houston area are fine. The husband of the one who's married posted a note on FB they are all okay. They headed out on Friday night and are monitoring their homes remotely. Streets are flooded where they live but the house is fine inside. What an awful mess they have in that area from the rain.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy a$$ crack of dawn on a Monday kids!

Curby, it's awesome that your vision is better, but what do you think is causing it to improve? And LOL on the Battle For The Blankets. I lay solid claim to my half at the beginning of the night and don't surrender!

It's now 5:12 am and we are half way back to Chicago. We spent Sunday night at the boathouse for the first time. It really made the weekend twice as long because otherwise we go home usually early on Sunday and then just wait to go to bed and BOOM then it's Monday morning. I like the being there on Sunday part... I don't like the getting up at 4 am eastern so we can leave and get the CB to work at a semi normal hour.

Saturday I did some shopping around town and found a cute store with a 70% off sale. I got six things for a hundred bucks! Yesterday I drove to South Bend (abt 45 mins away) and went to BBB, Home Goods, and a couple of other places. The CB made hot dogs on the grill for dinner (I'm all hot dog'd up for the year now that I've had them two weekends in a row!) and we walked over to a local place for ice cream. Then to bed and now here we are!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee jay, I am glad my vision is returning to how it was before but I don't like the mystery of how it got worse and now it is getting better. I am thinking his original diagnosis was off.

Good for you laying claim to your blankets at the beginning of the night. Wrapping the blanket and sheet around my arm used to work great in our queen sized bed; I usually won that battle because I could hold on to them pretty well. I will remember not to surrender from now on.

That's tough - whether to spend the night at the boathouse on Sunday or be able to sleep in on Monday. I'd opt for the sleep in on Monday but that's because I am not a fan of getting up any earlier than I have to get up.

That is a deal getting 6 things for a hundred dollars. I like hot dogs about once a year and so far I haven't had one this year. I can't say I'd rush out and buy one now either. They are great at picnics now and then. Nice that you have a local place to walk to for ice cream.

My day was long and strange. Maybe my vision is brain damage. I seemed to be a bit out of it all day. I even thought I found a mistake for tomorrow after everyone left today so sent out 3 text trying to find out about an update only to finally get a call back from my employee saying yes we got an update from Mercedes. She's a backup from another department so I don't have a rule set up for her emails to go to that update folder so I never noticed she sent us an update. I'd even sent a text to my boss; way to impress him, huh? Then halfway home I remembered leaving a note on this one lady's desk that there was an update for today (Tuesday) to look in to fixing right away so I went back to work to throw that note away. I enjoyed driving my car back and forth though.

I had leftovers for supper and a fresh peach so that was easy to fix.

Laters,
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, I've sent things to my boss that must make him think I'm either senile or stupid or both, so don't even worry about what you did! How are the peaches by you this year? I am often disappointed in them (and other fruit) because it doesn't taste like much any more (everything this grown in a green house), but I did get some Michigan peaches a few weeks ago and they were excellent!

Last night I worked on the accounting some more for the lady with the shoe store. My oh my... she's a mess. I'm not sure she's really viable in the long term...

I slept great last night. The CB woke me a little, but I went back to sleep pretty well until my alarm went off, so that was a nice change from the 4 am ride on Monday morning!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I am sure everyone has those moments of appearing senile or stupid. Luckily we don't have those moments / days frequently enough to let anyone think it's a habit. Or I hope so anyway.

I am glad your Michigan peaches are so good. Peaches have been great here this summer. I try to buy Palisade peaches; they are out of Colorado. I pick up about 5 at a time; let them get ripe then refrigerate them and usually have one every night. Peaches are my all time favorite fruit. I won't eat a nasty tasting peach either. I'll pick up 2 at first and then if they are nasty I'll throw them out. Strawberries are one of my favorites too but they are rarely great anymore. I am with you that fruit and veggies are kind of tasteless anymore. The little cherry tomatoes my nephew grows are so good it's like eating a bag of candy. My BIL grows the same ones about 3 miles from my nephew and his tomatoes aren't quite a good. Still better than the store though.

Good luck with the shoe lady; hopefully your can guide her to better bookkeeping to help you out with her accounting.

I am glad you had a good night's sleep. I only woke up once and not until about 4 am.

BTW I am still able to breathe out of my nose. WTH? The wavy lines are less dramatic too.

All this flooding made me wonder how Deegee is doing and if her area has recovered yet from those horrible floods last year.
Curby

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi guys! Can I be an interrupting cow ("moo") and join this thread?:wavey:

"Moo"ving along...

I'm actually "cooking" for myself lately and I'm enjoying it. A simple salad that takes the time to toast 2 garlic knots up from the fridge. It's the balsamic glaze I have. I'm addicted. It's like the main course and my veggies are the sides lololol. Lately I've been combining red onion, tomatoes of different colors, a cucumber and feta cheese. Then I add a dash of garlic sea salt and a splash of olive oil or infused olive oil and then... balsamic glaze

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, is there any chance your whole issue related to allergies...? About a year ago I had a pain in my head and behind my eye so bad I was convinced I had a brain tumor. I actually went to the optholomogist (sp?) for the first time ever and he told me to take some Sudafed. Voila! I was cured, LOL.

Hi Beanie!!! Your balsamic glaze sounds fab! Did you buy it or make it? I love garlic but it stinks me up for along time so I try to avoid it, especially if I'm going to be in the presence of other people anytime soon, ha ha.

Last night we had left over chicken and the CB made risotto out of a box. Bill would have a heart attack if I told him I ate risotto (or anything really) out of a box, but hey, if you're not the one cooking and you want to eat you go for what's been put before you!

I did some more accounting for the shoe lady. Still unclear whether she's salvageable or not... but I'm working on it... The cow bag lady is leaving for Europe today for 10 days, and of course she got a flat tire yesterday and had to have her car towed. Stuff like this always happens at the worst possible time.

My annual report project is rolling along and I'm encouraged by the progress. Trying to decide if I should come in tomorrow or not. I've been working four day weeks lately instead of my usual three days, but if I can get this thing closed out sooner rather than later it will be worth it.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

PB, your balsamic glaze sounds great. Marty makes something like that too. I tend to go for ranch dressing. Lately I've been making myself a little plate of cucumbers, tomatoes, carrots and shredded mozzarella for a salad. I can't eat much lettuce.

Dee Jay, I do remember your pain behind your eye last year. I asked Missy if my vision problems could be caused by allergies. She didn't think the allergies could do it by themselves but thought problems with my sinuses (which I have from allergies) was a maybe. I don't take sudafed or antihistamines because they honestly turn me in to Marcy from a crazy evil parallel universe. I think Marty would take for a long walk off a short pier if I was taking them all the time. My sinuses get plugged up bad and have always given my teeth problems so why not my eyes? I noticed today the wavy lines are way less obvious and frequent.
There is no crime eating risotto out of a box; I still don't mind Kraft mac and cheese.
Oh no that the cow bag lady got a flat tire and needed a tow. I finally added road side assistance on our insurance after forking out $169 to have one of my Audi's towed to Fort Collins. Now i need to add car rental; my parents always had extra cars I could borrow if we were down a car.
I vote go to work tomorrow and get your annual report done. That's what I'd do anyway.

I amused myself tonight by reading through the 7 pages of bling fight in RT. You can't make some of this stuff up.

Work was really busy again and I worked through my lunch. Then I got a text about 2:30 about the bling fight thread so went to read it and naturally my boss walked by and saw me reading it on my iPad. Oh well. I don't think I'm worried they'll fire me.

My nieces and the one's husband were able to get home today in the Houston area. They didn't have any problems getting there from Austin but I don't know what roads they took since so many are closed. The girl who lives in an apartment didn't have anything wrong. The married couple's house wasn't flooded inside but they had 2 leaks in the ceiling. Those are always fun to find. They stocked up on dry goods and bottled water in Austin before heading home.

My sister had her right knew replaced yesterday and my BIL was telling me their cat got upset about 1 am this morning and kept waking him up to help look for her. Too funny.

Take care.
Curby

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try saline nasal spray to rinse out your sinuses. If you are going out for a period of time, use saline nasal gel, which coats the nasal passages. I prefer saline as my step 1 before taking a pill lol.

Cow lady has a gorgeous burgundy long haired bag on the home page of her website. Drool. I don't think she likes me. She eyes me warily like I'm gonna take her hides home and do bad things to them. I swear they are stored nicely in my closet! My little herd!

I really would love a vacation soon. I walked so much when I was in Chicago. I just love walking around a new place. It's not exercise to me. It's freeing.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PB, I have tried saline solution sprays but they don't seem to make a lot of difference for me. Right now I don't want to change anything since my vision is improving.

I won $7 on PowerBall tonight. Should I work on my resignation letter or go to bed so I can get to work on time tomorrow? Such a tough call. :lol-2:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, I had to go hunt down the blight fight since you mentioned it... oy. How is Marty's shoulder doing lately? As for that BIG BIG win... um... if I were you I'd get up and go to work on time, LOL.

Beanie, you're crazy -- cow lady LOVES you! And that bag happens to be in my living room right now, LOL. It was there when you were over too, but I guess you didn't see it with all the colored stuff going on. Interesting that you called it "burgundy" because I did't think of it that way. I'll have to go and look at it again tonight and see how the color strikes me. I think though it's more brown. Super hairy and lush though -- I just want to PET the damn thing!

Last night I worked on the shoe lady's stuff some more. I had been thinking that she had two really phenomenal months, but in reality she took loans those two months, so even though the money showed up in her account it wasn't at all what I was thinking it was! I think the only way to even get close to fixing her situation is to just take all control over the money away from her. No more writing checks, no more debit card, no more wire transfers to vendors, NOTHING without me initiating it. And even then... ?!?

The CB made salmon burgers for dinner. I love him, but he NEVER cooks fish enough. Every time I have to have him cook it more. I mean, it's one thing if it's sushi grade something, yadda yadda yadda, but just some random piece o fish from the local super market... ah... no. I want that sombeech COOKED.

There is some trauma drama going on in my complex right now over a guy with a building code violation related to his roof deck that he hasn't fixed, even though it's been a year, and a unit that the association currently has legal possession of due to an impending possible foreclosure... and of course being president I am in the middle of all of it. Ugh. It's only 9:30 and I need a drink!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, we I thought it over and did decide to get up and go to work this morning. There wasn't any servants to wait on me or a limo to take me to work so I guess that $7 didn't really change my life. :lol-2:

LOL to wanting to pet your bag. That is a hairy bag all right.

Ugh the shoe lady sounds like she could use your accounting knowledge. You may be able to save her from hardships down the road. I should put you in charge of my money too. Would you still let me buy sapphires on a whim?

I would say most fish should be cooked till reasonably done. I finally have gotten to a point where i like pink centers in beef.

That does sound like an unpleasant situation at your complex. I hope it works out okay without your intervention.

Work was very busy but I did sneak away get gas for my car and meet a friend for lunch. I mentioned I wanted tacos and we frequent 2 different Mexican restaurants so I get to the one I emailed her about and she's no where in sight. I waited about 5 minutes and sent her a text - good gag. She responds where are you? Then she checked her email and said on my way. Good thing it's a small town.

The storm clouds are rolling in tonight. Phooey. I couldn't go back to sleep this morning so I got this lovely shot of the sunrise. The sky is really hazy with smoke but it makes the Sun very red.

Have a great evening.
Curby
sunrise.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mmmm I love Mexican food! Unfortunately I had to settle for Toxic Bell last night! I swear it's like eating soap!

Stepping away from HOA madness was a necessity for me. The goal is to let the current board spin themselves into a hole (and bury them in it).:twisted:

I slept all day today. I don't like being backwards in my progress but it is what it is.

Deejay can you manage my money for me so that I don't have to work ever again?:wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

PB, I haven't eaten at Taco Bell for years but I don't mind Taco Johns. I doubt they have those back east though. Some days are just best spent sleeping, right?

I wish I'd slept in today. Two of my team members (mostly one of them) really showed poor judgement and trouble shooting skills last night in a group online test we all did last night. My boss and his boss were on line and the one guy was really slow getting it done. I got called in to a meeting when I got to work today and then of course my boss chewed those 2 people out. I felt bad for the one girl she couldn't log on to the work network and the big boss said that's okay I've got it so I don't feel she did anything wrong. Sigh.

Marty got home about 3 today. Woo hoo! I got to come home 2 hours early this afternoon for the long weekend but I did work through my lunch to get everything done.

Take care,
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had a busy day. The cleaning lady showed up early; we went to breakfast and then picked up Marty's new glasses. He headed off to Colorado to meet some other strength training people. He got home about 5. I in the meantime I whittled down the stack-o-stuff on the table that I needed to do or see if Marty wanted it. I did laundry, got the astronomy newsletter done (only 2 days late), got some things mailed and went out for lunch. The best part of my day? I didn't hit any curbs going through the drive up at the post office.

I signed up for Prime today. Now I need to order stuff from Amazon to make my $8 something back a month. Ha!

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I finished another book this morning and think I'll not start one again until tonight or tomorrow. This was another newly "discovered" novel by Michael Crichton. It's loosely about digging for fossils in the wild, wild west. It wasn't bad.

I am making tacos for lunch one Marty is done working out at the gym. He is headed to a concert at Red Rocks tonight but it's not a good day to be outdoors here. The smoke here is really thick; of course those closer to all the fires have to be getting it way worse than we've got here. We need a nice early, snow fall to put out a lot of those fires.

I need to do my nails today. I am going to try that Essie Coutre gel polish.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Labor Day kids!

Beanie, I would happily manage your money for you! What are you up to this weekend... all things considered...? When are you taking your exam? Are the kitties behaving?

Curby, I'll be interested to hear what you think of the polish. I'm pretty committed to the real gel for my fingers but I'm always willing to try something new on my toes.

This weekend has gone by fast! Friday we stayed in town and went to a birthday party for a three year old, LOL. Saturday we came over to the boathouse and have been doing not much every since. We went to an art fair yesterday where I bought an old yellow wooden chick that you pull on a string (WTF... like I need this.. ???), today I cruised through a huge antique mall in the next big town and got a bunch of mismatched silverware (but very few spoons... hmmm... ) and also stopped at Kohl's and TJ Maxx, and now I'm doing a little on line shopping and enjoying some prosecco. We'll head back to the city early tomorrow morning. Tomorrow is my birrthday... and my diet begins IN EARNEST on Wednesday!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee Jay, I knew you used real gel and the lamp to set them. I like easy.

This weekend did go by way too fast. I bet the birthday party for the 3 year old had to be fun. The chick sounds cute. That reminds me of a little chick I had that was about 2 inches high; you wound a knob and it hopped. It was entertaining.

Happy Birthday tomorrow Dee Jay!!!

The smoke is making the moon very orange tonight.

IMG_3628.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results