shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Tennis /Riveria Necklace - white or yellow gold?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all, such a "1st world problem"!
Anyhow I'm splurging on a diamond Tennis necklace, nothing huge, but I can't decide between yellow or white gold setting.

Virtually all my other necklaces are in yellow gold and I do plan to layer occasionally. My diamond heart pendant is in yellow gold and my diamond solitaire in also in yellow gold. However my engagement/ wedding rings are Platinium and the diamond bracelet I wear for best is also in platinum.
The plus side for white gold Tennis necklace is it helps the diamonds look a bit bigger but on the negative there are heaps of those cheap CZ necklaces around and I don't like the idea of "mistaken identity.
Thoughts please.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a white metal girl, so you know I'm going to say WHITE:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tough decision. White metals look best on me so I would choose platinum or white gold. However since you own and enjoy both white and yellow it is a more difficult choice. Yellow will bring out the contrast of the white of the diamond against the richness of the buttery yellow and I rather like that contrast. However as you point out a white metal might make the diamonds look bigger and the bracelet appear blingier overall. IDK tough choice.

Hmm OK I would go for white metal since you seem to have more yellow in your jewelry wardrobe and you can add this piece and enjoy more variety. But it doesn't seem there is a wrong choice in this case. Please share photos with whatever bracelet you decide to purchase!:appl:

Tophat1

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
White metal. While I can appreciate different skin tones make yellow gold look gorgeous, I really don't like the look of tennis bracelets (or any continuously set diamonds) in anything other than a white metal because it makes it look choppy and unharmonious to my eye

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

White!

cheers--Sharon

Katesimone

Rough_Rock
Yellow!! So elegant :love:

CMN

Brilliant_Rock
Bron,

Did you end up getting that tennis necklace? If so are you happy with it?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results