shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll try to get a better picture of the star. It's hard to capture!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are a couple of pics of the star. It's quite hard to capture . What's interesting is that the star itself is blue rather than white.

IMG_3915.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3922.JPG
    IMG_3922.JPG
    147.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_3915.JPG
    IMG_3915.JPG
    136.7 KB · Views: 13

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow, Bluegemz, your huge star sapphire ring is gorgeous!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

This is where I got some startling amethyst colour chalcedony with a sort of billowing pool of light dancing inside ... now, lost...

I have never thought of a bangle !

Wow! I've never seen chalcedony with ardulescence before! Would love to see it.[/QUOT. E] IMG_7794.JPG IMG_7796.JPG Hard to photograph the adulesence. I think GIA actually certified that these kind of chalcendony has adulesence

Thank you for sharing the link. The Namibian Premier Blue Chalcedony is juicy.

The blue chalcedony bangles I am talking about.
7200009f89782c8c66c

7230009fbac770ff072

Chrysocolla chalcedony bangle also exists. It is very pricy.

13891896_1577471859225664_8364661808359293838_n.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for sharing the link. The Namibian Premier Blue Chalcedony is juicy.

7200009f89782c8c66c

7230009fbac770ff072

Chrysocolla chalcedony bangle also exists. It is very pricy.

13891896_1577471859225664_8364661808359293838_n.jpg
Really gorgeous! Love the chrysocolla one. I've also seen a chalcedony chrysoprase bangle recently. Sigh...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They completely restored the ring and repolished the stone. In the last picture, you can see the two, clear crystals within the crystal.

I am starting my day with your news ... Thank you very much indeed !

The ring is so - new - compared to its rugged old self in the other shots. Much inner life in the new star sapphire compared to the incumbent. How did you choose the first time ? I would have dropped both, unable to choose. Your solution is better, of course ,-)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Very nice chalcedony ... I'd say, I rather appreciate the glow more than the colour (perhaps in the same instinct governing the taste for jade proper, showing itself ... ) - so the chalcedony ones stand out over the obviously impressive crysocola. Colourless 'Girasol' is high on my list for the same reason.

The shape (high dome 'D', if not full round) & likely the size (<55 required) seems quite right too... May I ask where are these offered ?

___
Technical #pt: I can only see the first two pictures when I am Quote-ing your post in my editing window, but not on the thread. I was going to ask for them when they just showed up !

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are some lovely agate and chalcedony bangles.

The clear moss agate would do nicely ...

Of course I could overdo painterly agate bangles ! [this is my weakness]

Last edited:

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That star sapphire is ravishing and the simple setting sets off the size and clarity perfectly!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am starting my day with your news ... Thank you very much indeed !

The ring is so - new - compared to its rugged old self in the other shots. Much inner life in the new star sapphire compared to the incumbent. How did you choose the first time ? I would have dropped both, unable to choose. Your solution is better, of course ,-)

Valeria, thank you for sharing my joy! You are right, it looks so new compared to its older self. It's ready for the next 100 years.

It does have a bit more inner life in the form of these 2 inner crystals, which are completely clear. You can see the shapes, but the color is the same. I wonder if they are sapphires within sapphire?

I really could not choose between the two. They each seem alive to me. It just happens that I saw the big one first on a trip, but my husband had bought me an emerald bracelet the week before and I felt badly asking for it . Then I found the other one when i got home and had to buy it. I was ecstatically happy with it, but couldn't forget about the other. Then, when I took a mini vacation, I visited it and just decided that I had to have the big one as well. It was love at first sight with both, impossible to choose! I guess this is the year for star sapphires for me. It just happened so naturally with both and I'd been searching for the right one for decades! Jewelry karma!

Who knows, maybe there is one more in my future...I have 3 daughters, so it would be nice to pass down to each a star sapphire ring!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That star sapphire is ravishing and the simple setting sets off the size and clarity perfectly!
Thank you, Burmesedaze! This setting is interesting because the light that comes into the diamond bezel sends rainbows into the stone from all angles. I couldn't figure out where they were coming from at first. Makes me wonder if this was intentional because it's such an unusual use of light.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three of everything !

Yes ...

I got my jewelry bug before I could write ... Such a beautiful game !

___
Back to the star ,-) : the color does work great with emeralds, no ? Would the bracellet that once displaced its purchase, fit alongside the new star sapphire ring ? [you have posted a relatively formal diamond & emerald torsade - is it it ? I can easily imagine that one with this ring ].

Serious queston. how would you describe its colour ? I see a different tone of blue-violet or purple in each shot.

Yes, there is happyness coming all the way through !

[starting the day]

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Three of everything !

Yes ...

I got my jewelry bug before I could write ... Such a beautiful game !

___
Back to the star ,-) : the color does work great with emeralds, no ? Would the bracellet that once displaced its purchase, fit alongside the new star sapphire ring ? [you have posted a relatively formal diamond & emerald torsade - is it it ? I can easily imagine that one with this ring ].

Serious queston. how would you describe its colour ? I see a different tone of blue-violet or purple in each shot.

Yes, there is happyness coming all the way through !

[starting the day]
Yes, that's the bracelet! It does go well with the ring. Especially given that there are baguettes on each and platinum is the metal.

As to color, The stone seems to change. On this page, the lowest picture, taken outside, is how it looks in light outside, very lavender blue.

The top picture on this page was taken in the car, which has cut some of the pink from my skin tone too, maybe because the windows are slightly tinted. But that is a medium light situation.

In the shade, it consistantly settles into a deep, smoky blue, as in the outside tree picture on the previous page. I've been wondering if it's a color changer because it has a few color personalities. My pics are taken on an iPhone, with no filters, so the rest is how it interacts with the light. It's quite hard to capture...I don't feel that any one picture captures the stone totally.

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does have a bit more inner life in the form of these 2 inner crystals, which are completely clear. You can see the shapes, but the color is the same. I wonder if they are sapphires within sapphire?

Nice question ... Yes, they could be sapphire. And quite a few other nice things ! I'd be waking the night guard at the lab, if your pictures could tell more under magnification !

IHMO, every sapphire should come with at least one of those - for silly fun [WWW for Nick Price shot]

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice question ... Yes, they could be sapphire. And quite a few other nice things ! I'd be waking the night guard at the lab, if your pictures could tell more under magnification !

IHMO, every sapphire should come with at least one of those - for silly fun [WWW for Nick Price shot]
Wow, those are increadible! What magical mini worlds! I do believe in crystal energy, so I'm fascinated by what they could be!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium

If I could find out how to take pics from the gem microscope..hmmm

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About color description of the new star, the most interesting thing is that if it's held to strong light, it becomes watery and very transparent, but as soon as the light is removed and it's back to regular daylight, it appears to be very saturated with color. More complicated is that it has some gentle color zoning which is only seen in really strong light held close. But this affects how it shifts colors, I'm sure.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very nice chalcedony ... I'd say, I rather appreciate the glow more than the colour (perhaps in the same instinct governing the taste for jade proper, showing itself ... ) - so the chalcedony ones stand out over the obviously impressive crysocola. Colourless 'Girasol' is high on my list for the same reason.

The shape (high dome 'D', if not full round) & likely the size (<55 required) seems quite right too... May I ask where are these offered ?

___
Technical #pt: I can only see the first two pictures when I am Quote-ing your post in my editing window, but not on the thread. I was going to ask for them when they just showed up !

The photos of the blue chalcedony is photos from the internet. The chrysocolla is from Facebook. I believe you can find more bangles if you know Chinese. It seems that there are some bangles for sale on Facebook but only written in Chinese.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
About color description of the new star ...

I knew there must be a good reason to visit The States again !

Photography is never going to do well with such things ...

Seaglow

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous! Love the chrysocolla one. I've also seen a chalcedony chrysoprase bangle recently. Sigh...

Bluegemz, I think your Dalmatian bangle has arrived but no one was at the address to receive it....at least that's what it said in the tracking. It should be delivered to you again anytime now.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, I think your Dalmatian bangle has arrived but no one was at the address to receive it....at least that's what it said in the tracking. It should be delivered to you again anytime now.
Oh gosh. I'll be away for a few more weeks. I'll have to get it at the post office when I get back unless it comes when my caretaker is there. They will store it at the office. I will try to get someone to pick it up there. Thanks for letting me know!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bought these lavender Chalcedony and onyx disk earrings today. They go nicely with all of my blue lavender stones. I love the way they are knotted with black chord, and how they used the silver chain. I'll be wearing these tomorrow!
I also saw this amazing lavender jade melon. I'm considering this for future. The picture does it no justice. its a pure lavender with green floating flowers.

IMG_3956.JPG IMG_3957.JPG IMG_3949.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chalcedony does lightly tinted fog shades so well ... love how clear those are !

___

@Bluegemz The earrings remind me a question about shapes of stone bangles: do you wear any bangles with round section ?

I'd have a zillion questions about stone bangle wearing ... (the only stuff I can try on here is pipe !?)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results