shape
carat
color
clarity

Please vote: Setting for my AVC

Which setting should I choose? (elongated AVC)

• keep the original: solitaire

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • pave band

Votes: 16 42.1%
  • tapered baguettes

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • 2 small round diamonds

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... a lot of beautiful options to think about. Maybe too many

I have no idea what kind of sides might there be in stock. The most interesting sides seem to be floating in out of the blue - perfectly at random.

[ Digresing - your pink fosted, colour sprinkled donut reminded WWW ]

jenniann

Shiny_Rock
Your ring is so amazing! What a masterpiece!:love: Can you please share the specs? All of your pieces have been gorgeous! Is the AVC your forever shape?

Aww thanks :oops:

I don't want to thread jack so I'll be quick but the AVC is now back with GOG - its this one:
https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond...S-L-VS2-diamond-stock-14249-cert-104086051001

The side stones are J/K bullets and I think 0.84ctw. I went for bullets over baguettes as they are slightly less common and just worked better with the proportions of the overall ring. I'm excited about using them in a RHR now though and am enjoying my hunt for a perfect blue sapphire to pair them with - which will also mark the birth of my little boy.

It was a huge decision to change the stone as I adored the ring but deep down I knew I needed to go back to a solitaire for my forever ring and there was just no way I could afford to keep this as well. I think I canceled the FedEx pickup about 4 times in the days leading up to it going away! I actually wish I hadn't been so greedy and had this setting made for a smaller AVC in the first place as I might just have been able to swing both but at this $$ it just wasn't going to happen.

As for the next project, let's just say there is a 3ct AvR in Steven Kirsch's possession as I type which is taking the edge of me missing this ring........Promise to be a better PS'er and share that one when it arrives!!

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thanks :oops:

I don't want to thread jack so I'll be quick but the AVC is now back with GOG - its this one:
https://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond...S-L-VS2-diamond-stock-14249-cert-104086051001

The side stones are J/K bullets and I think 0.84ctw. I went for bullets over baguettes as they are slightly less common and just worked better with the proportions of the overall ring. I'm excited about using them in a RHR now though and am enjoying my hunt for a perfect blue sapphire to pair them with - which will also mark the birth of my little boy.

It was a huge decision to change the stone as I adored the ring but deep down I knew I needed to go back to a solitaire for my forever ring and there was just no way I could afford to keep this as well. I think I canceled the FedEx pickup about 4 times in the days leading up to it going away! I actually wish I hadn't been so greedy and had this setting made for a smaller AVC in the first place as I might just have been able to swing both but at this $$ it just wasn't going to happen.

As for the next project, let's just say there is a 3ct AvR in Steven Kirsch's possession as I type which is taking the edge of me missing this ring........Promise to be a better PS'er and share that one when it arrives!!

I also hope that hyoid doesn't mind this side conversation :oops2:

I can't believe that was an L color! It faces up so bright! The bullets were definitely a more unusual side stone selection and I think that they worked great with the AVR! I bet that they will make a gorgeous RHR and what better choice for a center stone than a blue sapphire that will also represent the birth of your baby boy! Congratulations! I hope it all goes well!

I can also relate to not wanting to part with this beautiful AVR. I recently went through a diamond consolidation process and as much as I knew why I was doing it (money over matter :D) I also had a little bit of hard time letting go of some of my stones. But at the end of the day, I am sure that you made the right choice and obviously, we cannot wait to see your new AVR! Is it a K color by any chance?? There was one on GOG's site that I was drooling over for the longest time:)

And don't forget that there will always be other AVCs, perhaps a new one will be in your future!

Last edited:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love solitaires, and that's precisely the problem. ... I'm wondering if there is another setting that's a little more interesting and different for my AVC.

"A little more interesting" - WWW

hyoid

Rough_Rock
No worries, I like the side conversation :) and it's actually relevant to my interest.

jenniann, your AVC was/is an amazing diamond, I also can't believe it's an L! I'm sure your new 3ct AVR + SK setting will be even more gorgeous!

valeria101, where do you find these great websites? Thanks for sharing them with me! The last one you posted is really something <3 I wish I could see french cut stones/sidestones in person.
The LM is a (super) upgraded version of my donut ring! Too bad it's sold, I could've saved up for another 10 years to purchase that ring for sure ;)2

hyoid

Rough_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
valeria101, where do you find these great websites? Thanks for sharing them with me! The last one you posted is really something <3 I wish I could see french cut stones/sidestones in person.
The LM is a (super) upgraded version of my donut ring! Too bad it's sold, I could've saved up for another 10 years to purchase that ring for sure.

Re. SJP ring design
It seemed eminently doable here too ...

Re. websites
SJP was on the way to work (no, they are not dragging people in - rather the contrary !). There isn't allot in the same category & there is a GTG list WWW .

Re. French diamond samples
Oh! I so hear you ... There should be a sample sale: say, 10 pts ? I have not seen any of so many things ! WWW

Re. donuts
'Donut upgrade' is a dam' funny-good name for that pink diamond massif ,-) Thx. for the laugh !
LM has a playful streak ... further evidence in La Petite, methinks.

Last edited:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THREE CARAT AVR?!? :love::eek2::shock: Oh my goodness. Can't wait to see the new beauty

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
What about setting number 4, but instead of round diamonds, get square french cuts instead (accent stones rather than 3-stone)?

hyoid

Rough_Rock
Re. SJP ring design
It seemed eminently doable here too ...

Re. websites
SJP was on the way to work (no, they are not dragging people in - rather the contrary !). There isn't allot in the same category & there is a GTG list WWW .

Re. French diamond samples
Oh! I so hear you ... There should be a sample sale: say, 10 pts ? I have not seen any of so many things ! WWW

Re. donuts
'Donut upgrade' is a dam' funny-good name for that pink diamond massif ,-) Thx. for the laugh !
LM has a playful streak ... further evidence in La Petite, methinks.

I WANT La Petite, that's hilarious! :twirl:

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I WANT La Petite, that's hilarious!

Who doesn't !

... two - three ? - row halo in pink diamonds, with a center hole ... rose cut. No joke .-)

I'd have one - three ? - of Yoram's miniatures ...

Last edited:

hyoid

Rough_Rock
What about setting number 4, but instead of round diamonds, get square french cuts instead (accent stones rather than 3-stone)?

Thanks, Skhii!! This is a great option. I'm not 100% sure if I want to do this vs. single cut round accent stones. I'd really like to see both the french cut and the round single cut in person before making the decision.

I'm still toying with the idea of a delicate halo + plain shank, too :oops2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am struck by the grace and subtle presence of the square cushion with the 2 small diamonds - for your rectangular cushion, though, I'd go with two small single-cuts nestled on each shoulder - I think that would be beautifully elegant.

With @marymm
I've come to love this look just recently. :).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Skhii!! This is a great option. I'm not 100% sure if I want to do this vs. single cut round accent stones. I'd really like to see both the french cut and the round single cut in person before making the decision.

I'm still toying with the idea of a delicate halo + plain shank, too :oops2:
A delicate halo would be stunning around your AVC.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thinking out loud,

Single cut rounds & Frech cuts are very differen beasts: the single cuts are usually deployes in the smallest sizes as sophisticated pave [compared with the full rounds - like icey vs soft snow cover ! - WWW... ] larger - they are rather difficult to love [I think this is how the cut was always used historically - there is no golden era of large single cut rounds]; French cuts work in any size.

There is talk of all these things on this forum, but no grand essay done anywhere that I could think of.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results