shape
carat
color
clarity

What are you wearing today?! Show me your CS!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also recently saw this cabochon of jadeite, which I LOVE!! It's similar in the mood of darkness, but has a lavender rather than blue green hue. there are some clouds of this color in the new bangle...but If i ever found a bangle completely this color, I'd do whatever I could to aquire it. This cab would make a wonderful ring!
IMG_3828.jpg

That is amazing and would make an awesome simple statement pendant worn on a chain too. But the price, ouch much!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing and would make an awesome simple statement pendant worn on a chain too. But the price, ouch much!

The price is very high indeed. Yet, this seller's prices are usually pretty reasonable. I think she may have overpriced this one.... I believe this color is not a mainstream favorite because of the darkness, and should be less! I'm trying to determine what a fair price for this would be.
When I bought the bange, I got half off by using that argument...it's not a mainstream color, and the owner went for it. Hmmmm...

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20170725_125507.jpg
Yellow gold and Mahenge spinel today!
What a jelly bean of beautiful color! Gorgeous, Mochito! Is this a relatively new piece?

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also recently saw this cabochon of jadeite, which I LOVE!! It's similar in the mood of darkness, but has a lavender rather than blue green hue. there are some clouds of this color in the new bangle...but If i ever found a bangle completely this color, I'd do whatever I could to aquire it. This cab would make a wonderful ring!
IMG_3828.jpg

Why don't you get a blue chalcedony bangle with similar colour? I think a blue chalcedony bangle has higher transparency than most jadeite.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
The price is very high indeed. Yet, this seller's prices are usually pretty reasonable. I think she may have overpriced this one.... I believe this color is not a mainstream favorite because of the darkness, and should be less! I'm trying to determine what a fair price for this would be.
When I bought the bange, I got half off by using that argument...it's not a mainstream color, and the owner went for it. Hmmmm...

Go for it! Next stop to test your negotiation chops, Southeast Asia!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why don't you get a blue chalcedony bangle with similar colour? I think a blue chalcedony bangle has higher transparency than most jadeite.

I was thinking that it looked like holly blue chalcedony!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a jelly bean of beautiful color! Gorgeous, Mochito! Is this a relatively new piece?

Thanks Bluegemz! I got the loose stone a while ago, maybe 1 or 2 years, but had it set only recently, a few months ago. :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know, chalcedony is amazing. I'll keep my eyes out for one, and if you see one that color, please let me know!!
I love some of the amazing multicolored agate ones these days. Im a tad afraid of cracking them, but most are not excessively expensive. Good idea! However, jade has that special feeling...,though one can't have too many bangles imo.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Go for it! Next stop to test your negotiation chops, Southeast Asia!
Ha! That's the spirit! I love negotiating! It isn't common in the west. I learned to do it motivated by trying to get the best deal possible in buying jade from China. It would be a dream come true for me to shop in Asia and test my skills. It's really builds quite a relationship, to dealback and forth.

Now I am reminded, in negotiating for this bangle, the man said that jade prices were going up, and I thought of you and said, " I have a friend in Myanmar who is very familiar with the market, and she says prices are way down." He didn't know what to say, and conceded to my offer. So, thank you for that!

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Bluegemz! I got the loose stone a while ago, maybe 1 or 2 years, but had it set only recently, a few months ago. :)
It is AMAZING! It's so luminous. What a beauty.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, your lavender jade photo inspired me to wear my lavender chalcedony today!! It is a 'Holley lavender chaledony from Oregon. (All sterling silver today. Thai handcarved Mahawan motif silver snake with sapphire & moonstone + chalcedony bezel ring)
20225557_190341754837627_7596263912018804736_n.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegemz, your lavender jade photo inspired me to wear my lavender chalcedony today!! It is a 'Holley lavender chaledony from Oregon. (All sterling silver today. Thai handcarved Mahawan motif silver snake with sapphire & moonstone + chalcedony bezel ring)
20225557_190341754837627_7596263912018804736_n.jpg
Oh it's beautiful Mochito! I love how you've composed it together with the snake ring! Gorgeous!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I know, chalcedony is amazing. I'll keep my eyes out for one, and if you see one that color, please let me know!!
I love some of the amazing multicolored agate ones these days. Im a tad afraid of cracking them, but most are not excessively expensive. Good idea! However, jade has that special feeling...,though one can't have too many bangles imo.

I have not seen any blue chalcedony bangle in my life. Do you go to the Hong Kong Gem Show? I think they might have some there since many asians wear bangles. I have never been to the Hong Kong Gem Show. But I believe there are more choices and better prices at the gem show.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have not seen any blue chalcedony bangle in my life. Do you go to the Hong Kong Gem Show? I think they might have some there since many asians wear bangles. I have never been to the Hong Kong Gem Show. But I believe there are more choices and better prices at the gem show.
I have seen them but never in as dark a purple that matches that jadeite cab. I've never been to the shows, but I know where to look for bangles. I'll just keep my eyes out!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_7792.JPG
I have seen them but never in as dark a purple that matches that jadeite cab. I've never been to the shows, but I know where to look for bangles. I'll just keep my eyes out!

This is the blue chalcedony I have. I think the colour is quite close. But I am looking for one with higher transparency

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's close and yet very different I think... let's look side by side. Beautiful gem by the way!
IMG_3828.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The blue is similar, but the jade has a grey in it which is quite dark. In other words, the hues(colors) are similar, but the tones( light to dark) are different imho. Also, the jadeite has green and other colors mixed in...

I love beautiful chalcedony in its own right. What drew me to the jadeite is that really dark tone. It would be great to find this color and darkness in any gem, but I suspect it will be a challenge. I will be looking out for the chalcedony bangles.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_7792.JPG

This is the blue chalcedony I have. I think the colour is quite close. But I am looking for one with higher transparency
This really is gorgeous! Do you have plans for it? I think the fact that ismore opaque makes it have a unique beauty!

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This really is gorgeous! Do you have plans for it? I think the fact that ismore opaque makes it have a unique beauty!

It is actually translucent. I only collect gemstones because setting gemstones are expensive. This one is from Ethiopia. I got one blue chalcedony that is glassy transparency with adularescence. But that one is much lighter in colour. This one has stronger colour but no adularescence.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is actually translucent. I only collect gemstones because setting gemstones are expensive. This one is from Ethiopia. I got one blue chalcedony that is glassy transparency with adularescence. But that one is much lighter in colour. This one has stronger colour but no adularescence.
Wow! I've never seen chalcedony with ardulescence before! Would love to see it.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa, that is gorgeous! Thanks for showing it. I can imagine how the sheen is based on your picture. I don't know how you can stand not setting this one! What a great ring it would make, or a pendant. The shape is truly elegant.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see it.

This is where I got some startling amethyst colour chalcedony with a sort of billowing pool of light dancing inside ... now, lost...

I have never thought of a bangle !

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, Valeria! Here are some lovely agate and chalcedony bangles. Some are like modern art...

IMG_3891.jpg IMG_3892.jpg IMG_3895.jpg IMG_3896.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg, my new star sapphire ring finally came today!!! I'm over the moon. They completely restored the ring and repolished the stone. In the last picture, you can see the two, clear crystals within the crystal.

IMG_3899.JPG IMG_3898.JPG IMG_3900.JPG IMG_3901.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results