shape
carat
color
clarity

What the heck type of setting is this??

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry to be rude getting your attention, and also....serial posting.

BUT I just have to ask if anyone can tell me about the setting in this video? I have committed now to buying my asscher ring and will reset it. I am thinking of a pave band and then stumbled upon this video with no visible prongs or claws? I love that idea!! Can anyone explain it?

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh hold on....is it just sitting on that setting? Now I feel a fool. Although I will say my husband said "maybe it's glued in"; so it could be worse.

marksbcss

Rough_Rock
Sorry to be rude getting your attention, and also....serial posting.

BUT I just have to ask if anyone can tell me about the setting in this video? I have committed now to buying my asscher ring and will reset it. I am thinking of a pave band and then stumbled upon this video with no visible prongs or claws? I love that idea!! Can anyone explain it?

S.,

It does look intriguing. Looking at the video, I haven't a real clue (but I am not a jeweler). Maybe a mockup, using a dab of superglue... ;-)

Paperwork under the ring seems to be from LaurenB, a jeweler in NY. I googled them and they have a website. I took a cursory look at their settings for asschers, and didn't recognize the setting from the video. You might email or phone them, referencing the video.

Mark

scarsmum

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
S.,

It does look intriguing. Looking at the video, I haven't a real clue (but I am not a jeweler). Maybe a mockup, using a dab of superglue... ;-)

Paperwork under the ring seems to be from LaurenB, a jeweler in NY. I googled them and they have a website. I took a cursory look at their settings for asschers, and didn't recognize the setting from the video. You might email or phone them, referencing the video.

Mark
thanks!

marksbcss

Rough_Rock
S.,

I did some research... And, apparently, 'invisible-set diamonds' are a (googleable) thing. Never woulda thunk it. Reliable? Maybe not. Some feel 'invisible-set diamonds', may more easily become 'invisible (as in missing) diamonds'.

Some threads on pricescope have discussed them, as well.

Mark

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Generally "invisible set" diamonds refers to princess-cut diamonds that have grooves cut into their sides so they sort of interlock. A bunch of them are put together, held in a "frame," so they look like a single larger diamond or a continuous flow of smaller diamonds. This ring is not an example of that. I guess it's possible that someone used the same process on this stone, but I can't imagine anyone potentially ruining the value of such a large stone by cutting grooves or whatever else into it.

I think the point of this video is to show off the stone, and the stone is simply sitting on an otherwise empty setting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results