shape
carat
color
clarity

Helpful, handy neighbors

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yesterday I noticed the supply pipe leading to our hot water heater was rusting and dripping. My brother, who often helps us out (bc we are not handy at all), is on vacation. I sent him a video of the dripping pipe and he wasn't confident it could wait till he got home.

We're pretty friendly with a handful of neighborhood families so I sent a group message asking if anyone had a good plumber recommendation since we haven't needed the services of a plumber up till now. A few minutes later, one neighbor just responded, "My husband will be home from work around 6 and said he'll stop by to fix it shortly after. He insists."

He came tonight and replaced the pipe no cost to me except $20 in supplies that he didn't happen to have at home. I'm so grateful I could cry...but also slightly mortified because my basement is a dungeon.

Some people are so kind. Just wanted to share. :kiss:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's wonderful Puppmom! Plumbing is so expensive, seems any little drop is hundreds of dollars! I'm so glad that there was someone who could help and it wasn't an expensive fix.

Ironically our neighbor is fixing our fire stick at the moment since my husband accidentally deleted something off of it.:razz:

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
awesome!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So kind!

Q

Queenie60

Such a nice neighbor. Glad there are still people out there who are willing to help others.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So lovely and thank you for sharing with us. I love hearing about when people are kind and caring and go out of their way to help others. Heartwarming and so nice to hear!

P

PierreBear

Wonderful neighbor!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is really sweet! My second husband was very helpful like that--saved a neighbor's dog once. Always pulled over to respond to car accidents. There are LOTS of good people in the world. I'm glad to hear that you connected with one of them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results