shape
carat
color
clarity

Wisconsin company to offer RFID chips to employees

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The company, Three Market Square, designs software for break room markets. The chips offered would enable an employee to purchase from the break room and would also allow the employee to perform other essential tasks like logging in to a computer, using a copy machine and even opening doors.

The company states there is no GPS tracking on these chips that would be implanted between the thumb and forefinger underneath the skin. Cost of $300 would be paid by the company.

Would you embrace this type of technology if it was offered to you?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4723434/Wisconsin-company-install-microchips-employees.html

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh...nope.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

Some schools over here are using pupils' fingerprints as authorisation for lunchtime purchases, because kids can't forget their finger like they might forget their lunch or lunch money.

I am completely against such things - giving away your personal, unchangeable biometric information for a moment of convenience? Er, no.

It's this sort of thing, along with the 'splash your life across facebook' mentality, that is breeding a generation of kids willing to freely share personal information with no consideration for the future or how it might be used (against them).

To some I sound like a New World Order survivalist nutjob who should be living in the woods with a huge stash of baked beans and guns, but our privacy is being eroded and given away and removed from kids' lives and thoughts before they've even had a chance to understand the consequences. It makes me angry!

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Hell no. The chip may not have GPS, but your work can certainly install sensors to know your comings and goings at work. Couple that with GPS/location mapping on your (work-issued) mobile phone and your company can know where you are most hours.

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is just plain creepy! I am not even on Facebook because of privacy concerns - yikes, would someone willingly do this? Scary for sure!!!!!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

Some schools over here are using pupils' fingerprints as authorisation for lunchtime purchases, because kids can't forget their finger like they might forget their lunch or lunch money.

I am completely against such things - giving away your personal, unchangeable biometric information for a moment of convenience? Er, no.

It's this sort of thing, along with the 'splash your life across facebook' mentality, that is breeding a generation of kids willing to freely share personal information with no consideration for the future or how it might be used (against them).

To some I sound like a New World Order survivalist nutjob who should be living in the woods with a huge stash of baked beans and guns, but our privacy is being eroded and given away and removed from kids' lives and thoughts before they've even had a chance to understand the consequences. It makes me angry!

Lol, I try not to be a conspiracy theorist either but after I watched citizenfour, I don't think we should rule out the possibility of a lot of surveillance. Technology is so open to corruption yet so completely enticing. We all use it, some of us recognizing the inherent risk. And no one protects us from it! In fact, those who should be protecting us are frequently the offenders.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with you all on this, I was really interested to see if anyone would willingly do this. Sure they say that there won't be GPS but I wouldn't trust that. How about the possibility that a hacker could gain the personal information off the chip right next to you and you would never know. Pandora's box.

What's really scary though is this is the future of technology, I totally believe that the future will be cashless and people will be chipped. Call me a conspiracy theorist but it starts with a few small companies and if they market it just right the people will buy into it. It will play on the natural desire for humans to accomplish tasks using the least amount of energy and effort. Why pull out my wallet and hand someone a card or cash when I can just stick my hand out and have it scanned.

Scary!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is so scary to me... I don't want my employer or God know who to have any more information about me than they already do. Yikes!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Um...what happens when you quit or get fired?

And yeah, that is a totally creepy idea, and I would never do it. I'm totally of OoohShiny's mind on this. All generations going forward, will never know what real privacy is. Scary.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pay cash for as many things as I can and choose routes that avoid traffic cameras equipped with Automatic Number Plate Recognition - why should I create a nice little footprint trail that can be pulled up by someone sitting in front of a computer with zero effort? I can't wait for the discussion when I next have a chat with a mortgage advisor - "Er, sir, you withdraw all of your pay in cash and have no way of showing us what you spend it on?" 'Nope...' lol

Of course, now that facial recognition cameras are being installed in some places and our passport and other photo ID pictures are having our facial biometrics taken from them (and facebook is developing such software, including the ability to identify us when we're not even looking towards the camera IIRC)) I'm sure it won't be long before we can't walk down the street or drive down a road without a camera logging our every move. Not that our cars aren't already logging our every move through the mandatory GPS that the EU decreed must be installed over here, with future technology to include vehicles that talk to roadside infrastructure and other vehicles, presumably telling them who we are, how fast we're driving, where we're going, etc etc.

We've all seen Minority Report, haven't we? We as a species seem to be sleepwalking (or even in some cases running towards) such an existence, which is my personal idea of hell. The only good side is that I shall surely be dead before they develop and install chips in our brains to monitor and download our actual thoughts, but you never know what might happen...

Anyway, this is all a bit paranoid conspiracy theorist. It would almost be amusing if it wasn't actually true in many cases.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I pay cash for as many things as I can and choose routes that avoid traffic cameras equipped with Automatic Number Plate Recognition - why should I create a nice little footprint trail that can be pulled up by someone sitting in front of a computer with zero effort? I can't wait for the discussion when I next have a chat with a mortgage advisor - "Er, sir, you withdraw all of your pay in cash and have no way of showing us what you spend it on?" 'Nope...' lol

Of course, now that facial recognition cameras are being installed in some places and our passport and other photo ID pictures are having our facial biometrics taken from them (and facebook is developing such software, including the ability to identify us when we're not even looking towards the camera IIRC)) I'm sure it won't be long before we can't walk down the street or drive down a road without a camera logging our every move. Not that our cars aren't already logging our every move through the mandatory GPS that the EU decreed must be installed over here, with future technology to include vehicles that talk to roadside infrastructure and other vehicles, presumably telling them who we are, how fast we're driving, where we're going, etc etc.

We've all seen Minority Report, haven't we? We as a species seem to be sleepwalking (or even in some cases running towards) such an existence, which is my personal idea of hell. The only good side is that I shall surely be dead before they develop and install chips in our brains to monitor and download our actual thoughts, but you never know what might happen...

Anyway, this is all a bit paranoid conspiracy theorist. It would almost be amusing if it wasn't actually true in many cases.

I don't think you're paranoid at all. Look at how everyone got excited about the SMART tv's and then come to find out the U.S. government was able to record conversations even when the set was off!! That is insane, give me the old tube tv's any day over that.

Also I read earlier this year that Facebook has a division working with AI to read user's thoughts :mad:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I wouldn't.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think you're paranoid at all. Look at how everyone got excited about the SMART tv's and then come to find out the U.S. government was able to record conversations even when the set was off!! That is insane, give me the old tube tv's any day over that.

And yet the sheeple are signing up in their thousands for those new Amazon 'assistant' things that you put in your home and they constantly listen to your every word in case you say their name and want assistance...

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And yet the sheeple are signing up in their thousands for those new Amazon 'assistant' things that you put in your home and they constantly listen to your every word in case you say their name and want assistance...

I know right? Ironic that you posted this because I literally just read that there are rumors Facebook is developing a smart speaker as well. That Zuckerberg is bad news, he spins everything with the line "for the good of humanity".

Maybe that's what he named his bank account :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results