shape
carat
color
clarity

Search for OVA-L here!

rocklife

Rough_Rock
Hi there, there seems to be a lot of oval threads recently which have been very helpful. I'm a long time lurker but now am on a quest to propose to my beloved & need to find a stone soon. I noticed she has been tagging ovals on her Pinterest page- so an oval she will get! Looking for a 2 carat, G or higher , eyeclean (willing to drop to an SI2 to get a higher color) & hopefully a non existent bowtie. The budget for stone is $17,000. Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
And here I thought you were going to be looking for an L-colored oval...

Looks like you're in good hands with @tyty333 .

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

TY and D14: you've been "ofalully" busy on RT these days!! Awesome help!!:appl:

cheers--Sharon

rocklife

Rough_Rock
Thank you all these options. I have lots to look at thanks to @drk14 and @tyty333 . Im thinking I want something spreadier- I think I've been seeing way too many large ovals on Instagram lately. I think I want to try dropping down to an SI2 clarity (eye clean) to get a bigger diamond. Are there any good options on JA worth investigating?

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oooohhh, this one is nice!

I agree, I generally have some reservation on H and above for ovals, but this one looks very nice and bright. Very good find.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I don't think that oval is bad at all, but I do prefer the other H posted because it seems brighter/livlier. The 2.21 is also darker in the mushy areas. It's only 5% larger face up, so you won't be able to notice a difference in the sizes. To give you an idea, here's the side by side comparison:
oval comparison.jpg.PNG oval comparison2.jpg..PNG

rocklife

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the visual @msop04 her finger is a size 3 so I feel like it should be plenty of finger coverage- may also do a dainty halo just to be sure. My GF did mention that the 2.2's with a halo look much fuller to her in terms of finger coverage- so I thought it may be good to see if I can maximize the dimensions ( while still having a sparkly/bright stone) within the 17 k budget range.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the visual @msop04 her finger is a size 3 so I feel like it should be plenty of finger coverage- may also do a dainty halo just to be sure. My GF did mention that the 2.2's with a halo look much fuller to her in terms of finger coverage- so I thought it may be good to see if I can maximize the dimensions ( while still having a sparkly/bright stone) within the 17 k budget range.

OMG, yes for a size 3 (lucky girl!), that is going to look really big! Add a halo and HOLY FINGER COVERAGE! Give me a sec, and I'll post a visual showing the additional size a 1.5 mm halo will add!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, so a 1.5 mm halo (which is very dainty) will add 3.0 mm to the length and width. Here's a visual for finger coverage on a size 3.
size 3.jpg.PNG

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This isn't perfectly to scale -- the "halo" portion may be a bit thicker, but it will give you an idea...
total coverage vs halo coverage.jpg

rocklife

Rough_Rock
wow this is very impressive @msop04 . Now I'm thinking I should just get her a 2.5 and cover her entire finger lol. She is definitely a size queen so for her the bigger the better.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow this is very impressive @msop04 . Now I'm thinking I should just get her a 2.5 and cover her entire finger lol. She is definitely a size queen so for her the bigger the better.

HA! I completely understand!! LOL #sizehorighthere

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results