shape
carat
color
clarity

.9 d-vs2 on james Allen, which diamond to buy

Ssalbritton

Rough_Rock
Ok you guys are a world of help. I want to get the best diamond I can. I have narrowed it down to 4 diamonds. I can only select three to get an ideal scope image of the diamonds. With out the ideal scope image which would you pick. If I should wait for the ideal scope image, I will. Assuming I can not acquire the image, which would you pick based off the info present. Thanks so much.

https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...om=61&DepthTo=62.5&TableFrom=56&TableTo=58.00

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love chubby arrows, so I'd include: SKU:3177723. I also like
SKU:2663080.

hifihua428

Rough_Rock
You do realise these aren't super ideal in terms of optical symmetry right? Of all 4, I like #3177723 the most.

Ssalbritton

Rough_Rock
I was not able to find a true hearts in the color d and point 9 in my price range. So that is the only reason I'm looking at these. Now I did read if the proportions fall in a certain category that you have a ideal diamond and then if you are a little stricter with the proportions, it's a super ideal diamond. Did I read that wrong?

I'm guessing you find a optical symmetry diamond not by ts proportions but by its ideal scope? Or teach that to me if you don't mind.

So should I go of ideal and super ideal proportions, or no? How would I find a diamond that superideal in optical symmetry. Thanks too hifihua

SomethingNew

Shiny_Rock
Premium
For D or E color, it is generally less desirable to have fluorescence, so you might want to stick with none or at most faint blue.

Flourescence are more preferable for higher color stones.

hifihua428

Rough_Rock
Firstly, stick to these proportions:
Table: 54-58
Crown: 34-35 (35.5 is OK with pavilion of 40.6)
Pavilion: 40.6 to 40.9 (41 is ok with crown of 34)
Depth: 59.5 to 62.3

Use HCA tool ( Holloway Cut Adviser https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca) to eliminate any stones with scores above 2.0. *Note: The HCA tool is only a rejection tool to help you narrow your search. A score of 1.0 will not necessarily be better than score of 2.0.

Instead you need "Ideal scopes and ASETs" to help you tell if a diamond has great light return. A super ideal as is understood here, is an ideal cut diamond that is precision cut (extra time taken to line up the facets). I.e. all arrows are lined up evenly, no cleft in the hearts, the space between the "V" and the hearts are equal etc. ASETs helps you to tell if there are light leakages, painting, digging ect.

For fire and scintillation, generally the broader/thicker the arrows the better the fire. On the other hand, thinner arrows tends to have better scintillation given that everything else is the same.

I am still learning aswel, someone with better knowledge might add on this.

rockysalamander

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd ask for images on SKU:3177723 and SKU:2663080. I think you have a good start. Both these stones are under 2.0 on the HCA tool (which is good). While they don't have the 'perfection' of a super ideal, they are still great stones worthy of getting images.

To go to a super ideal (e.g., high performance diamond, whiteflash aca, brian gavin select), you would need to compromise one of your criteria...color or size or raise your budget by several thousand. I don't think you need to do that at this point. Get an ASET and IS for the two selected. Hold a third request for now. That gives you one more ask if neither perform well.

Ssalbritton

Rough_Rock
Ok I found another diamond that is 1500 more bucks making the diamond cost 6480 https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...d-color-vs1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3177651

It's proportions are great, from what I've read. Think it's a keeper? It scores below a two.

Then I found a 1 carat that scores a .7 hca. The hca tool says that below a one is normally good for ear rings. But it also fits the proportions I am looking for
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...d-color-si1-clarity-excellent-cut-sku-3215855

The proportions I'm looking for are
Total depth between 59 – 61.8%
Table diameter between 53 – 58%
Crown angle between 34.3 – 34.9 degrees*
Pavilion angle between 40.6 – 40.9 degrees
Lower girdle facets between 75 – 78%**
Star facets between 45 – 50%***
Girdle thickness between thin and slightly thick
Culet: AGS pointed or GIA none

Should I get an aset score and is score on the one carat being that it scores a .07.
What do you guys think about these two diamonds. I really like the first one but the second one is cheaper and bigger. Thanks in advance for all the help you guys have given

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results