carat
color
clarity

LOOKS GOOD?

Kirand

Rough_Rock
pic111.JPG pic2.JPG pic3.JPG
Hi Everyone!

So I have been trying to scramble around in search for the perfect 3 carat oval that is under my price point. You guys were there to save me from this local jeweler in the past that almost tried to sell me uncert diamond for the price of a certified one! I am being super cautious and making sure that it doesn't happen again

my criteria is to find a stone that is near colorless and looks bigger with S1 under my price point 18k-20k. I have found a stone with just under 20k that I was hoping for you experts to chime in!!

here are the details on this baby:
shape: oval brilliant
measurements: 10.93 x 8.25 x 5.21 mm
cara weight: 3.01
color: I
clarity: SI1
polish: Excellent
symmetry: very good
fluorescence: faint
girdle: med to thick

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
Is this one GIA certified? Are you able to post the GIA report number? Is there any way we can see video of the diamond in motion?

Kirand

Rough_Rock
Is this one GIA certified? Are you able to post the GIA report number? Is there any way we can see video of the diamond in motion?

I am unable to post a video via my phone on this thread(it gives an error). I am confirmed that it is GIA cert diamond. I saw the cert with my own eyes!! Is there something specific that you wanted to check out in the report?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be curious about the grade-setting inclusions, and any other potential red flags (e.g., clarity enhancement).

It's impossible to judge an oval diamond from numbers and report specs, and difficult to tell a whole lot from your photos.

I note that the price of this diamond puts it among the cheapest 17% on the market (for similar weight, clarity, and color). Therefore, I'd like to find out why it has been priced so low compared to its peers. Until I understood why it has been priced this way, I would be wary of making the purchase.

I would also carefully consider the vendor's return policy and upgrade/trade-in policy. Your other thread suggests that you may be under some pressure to make a decision quickly -- are you getting any pressure from the vendor? (if so, that's a red flag)

Kirand

Rough_Rock
I'd be curious about the grade-setting inclusions, and any other potential red flags (e.g., clarity enhancement).

It's impossible to judge an oval diamond from numbers and report specs, and difficult to tell a whole lot from your photos.

I note that the price of this diamond puts it among the cheapest 17% on the market (for similar weight, clarity, and color). Therefore, I'd like to find out why it has been priced so low compared to its peers. Until I understood why it has been priced this way, I would be wary of making the purchase.

I would also carefully consider the vendor's return policy and upgrade/trade-in policy. Your other thread suggests that you may be under some pressure to make a decision quickly -- are you getting any pressure from the vendor? (if so, that's a red flag)

Hi!
So the deal is that i work for a big retail company that gives me diamonds on cost price plus 10% shipping and tax. That is the reason the price is great. But the drawback is that it will be a final sale and no tradein policy for that price.
Can u please tell me how can i post the video here so that u can have a better look at the stone in motion?

I appreciate your help :)

Thanks!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
I've never posted a video, so I'm not sure, but it seems like you first have to upload the video to one of the following video sharing sites:

Then you copy the web address (URL) of your uploaded video, and paste into the box that comes up when you click the "Media" icon in the PS editor (the icon that looks like a piece of film).

Kirand

Rough_Rock
I've never posted a video, so I'm not sure, but it seems like you first have to upload the video to one of the following video sharing sites:
Then you copy the web address (URL) of your uploaded video, and paste into the box that comes up when you click the "Media" icon in the PS editor (the icon that looks like a piece of film).
Sorry for the delay!!

Here is the video:

Please let me know your thoughts?

Much thanks!!!

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
It's a bit difficult to tell from the video, but it looks promising. Is this in a jewelry store showroom?

Make sure you get a chance to examine the scintillation of the diamond in natural light (e.g., by a window, not in direct sunlight), or in a normal office environment. Does the diamond look good to you when you view it in such environments?

Also, if you have the GIA report number, or if you're able to provide some information about the inclusions from the report, that would be another good thing to check.

Kirand

Rough_Rock
it is a distribution center.

how do i check the scintillation from the center? they do not allow to take the diamond outside for security purposes. So you can say that it was an office environment in the room. it looked good and sparkly from my eyes but i do not trust myself since i have no experience for the comparison.

GIA Report number: 6211057353

Thanks again drk14 :)

rocklife

Rough_Rock
This oval looks great. I wish I could find a 3ct for that price! What size is your finger op?

drk14

Brilliant_Rock
how do i check the scintillation from the center?

Is the sparkle significantly less in the regions above and below the midline ("belly" region) of the oval, or is the sparkle reasonably uniform across the entire diamond? Does the belly region have a dark band going across (a bowtie), that remains persistently dark as you move the oval around at different angles? From what I can see in the video, your oval most likely does not have either of type of problem.

As far as the lighting, if the room has very tall ceilings (like a warehouse) so that the light sources are far away, then the diamond sparkle will be intensified (e.g., most diamonds look great in a big box store like Home Depot or Lowe's). Like wise, if there are many small light sources (e.g. track lights, spot lights, etc.) this will intensify sparkle. If any of these descriptions apply to your distribution center, then you will need to counteract the lighting. For example, if there are windows in the center, go next to the window, so that the daylight from outside will be brighter than the room lights (however, avoid direct sunlight). If there are no windows, try to go to a corner of the room, and face the corner with your back to the room, so that your body shields most of the room light except for what bounces of the walls. Other tricks I've seen suggested are to cup your hand around the diamond to shield it, or to crawl under a desk to look at the diamond!

Thanks for posting the GIA report number. I don't see any red flags. I assume the stone is eye clean to you (that you can't see any of the inclusions), or that any inclusions that may be visible aren't bothersome to you.

Kirand

Rough_Rock
Is the sparkle significantly less in the regions above and below the midline ("belly" region) of the oval, or is the sparkle reasonably uniform across the entire diamond? Does the belly region have a dark band going across (a bowtie), that remains persistently dark as you move the oval around at different angles? From what I can see in the video, your oval most likely does not have either of type of problem.

As far as the lighting, if the room has very tall ceilings (like a warehouse) so that the light sources are far away, then the diamond sparkle will be intensified (e.g., most diamonds look great in a big box store like Home Depot or Lowe's). Like wise, if there are many small light sources (e.g. track lights, spot lights, etc.) this will intensify sparkle. If any of these descriptions apply to your distribution center, then you will need to counteract the lighting. For example, if there are windows in the center, go next to the window, so that the daylight from outside will be brighter than the room lights (however, avoid direct sunlight). If there are no windows, try to go to a corner of the room, and face the corner with your back to the room, so that your body shields most of the room light except for what bounces of the walls. Other tricks I've seen suggested are to cup your hand around the diamond to shield it, or to crawl under a desk to look at the diamond!

Thanks for posting the GIA report number. I don't see any red flags. I assume the stone is eye clean to you (that you can't see any of the inclusions), or that any inclusions that may be visible aren't bothersome to you.

Thank you so much for explaining that. I will take a look at it again next week and examine all those things you mention. Also, i had a question regarding sales tax. It is my understanding that i wouldnt have to pay tax had i ordered the diamond from the website such as blue nile, but since i am buying the diamond from a distribution centre that has a physical presence here, i would have to pay taxes. Is that corrrect? And is there a way to somehow eliminate that

Just wondering lol since the diamond could cost me $17500 without tax but will become almost $19500 with taxes and handling cost.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. If the GIA report checks out and it's not Clarity enhanced, etc, it's one HELL of a deal. :love::love:

Kirand

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I missed that.....I love this stone from what I see...:love:

THANK U! now i have to decide if i want halo or not
decisions decisions..:razz:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Based on your pics it looks beautiful. I love the look on your hand.

diamondseeking

Rough_Rock
I think the I color will really pop in a rose gold setting, great choice.

Kirand

Rough_Rock
I think the I color will really pop in a rose gold setting, great choice.
actually i was thinking platinum or silver gold but i wanted to have your ideas on the style :)

sorry for the confusion.

Kirand

Rough_Rock
1ee0848754c0bbd345c579f6aad13882.jpg

oo what about this?

marksbcss

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much for explaining that. I will take a look at it again next week and examine all those things you mention. Also, i had a question regarding sales tax. It is my understanding that i wouldnt have to pay tax had i ordered the diamond from the website such as blue nile, but since i am buying the diamond from a distribution centre that has a physical presence here, i would have to pay taxes. Is that corrrect? And is there a way to somehow eliminate that

Just wondering lol since the diamond could cost me $17500 without tax but will become almost $19500 with taxes and handling cost.

K.,

Even if you avoid the sales tax up front, your state may have a 'use' tax. ;(

Mark

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank YOU:love:

what do u think of this style? d813c2e67ebd0a6b7ef46be325f5837c--oval-diamond-rings-oval-cut-diamonds.jpg
I love it!! I love the delicate look that sets the diamond center stage. The melee in the gallery is very refined. Personally I would choose this design or a delicate halo with a 'regular' shank. In the second design there is so much going on... But this is a matter of personal taste so you shpuld choose what sings to you.

Kirand

Rough_Rock
I love it!! I love the delicate look that sets the diamond center stage. The melee in the gallery is very refined. Personally I would choose this design or a delicate halo with a 'regular' shank. In the second design there is so much going on... But this is a matter of personal taste so you shpuld choose what sings to you.

Thank u! I think i agree with you on that! Its just a breath taking setting just the way it is

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results