shape
carat
color
clarity

If your e-ring is 2+ carats, do you wear it on vacation?

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1488556122|4135976 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1488556047|4135975 said:
missy|1488545208|4135913 said:
Yes I wear my ER when we go away. When we went to Italy for 3 weeks I wore it with no worries. It is insured and it is for me to enjoy and wear. And I live in NYC and wear it on the subway every single day. I just turn it around or I wear my gloves if the weather is cold enough. I enjoy my jewelry and that includes my ER. If I am only going to wear it when it is completely 100% safe I would only wear it in my house LOL. And that is the one place I don't wear it because when I am home I just take everything (jewelry!) off. :lol:

You can actually get gloves over that honker, Missy? :lol:

OP: I've worn my jewels to Europe, never had any issues but to the Caribbean I left my jewels except for a my band stacking set at home.

Lol just barely. :lol:

If you need anyone to keep your jewels safe ROL I'm your gal. :halo:

Snort. I've busted through gloves for work before wearing my e-ring. I leave it at home now. Are we ring size twins? I forget. If we are, we should start a rotation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1488556534|4135979 said:
Yes I wear my ER when we go away. When we went to Italy for 3 weeks I wore it with no worries. It is insured and it is for me to enjoy and wear. And I live in NYC and wear it on the subway every single day. I just turn it around or I wear my gloves if the weather is cold enough. I enjoy my jewelry and that includes my ER. If I am only going to wear it when it is completely 100% safe I would only wear it in my house LOL. And that is the one place I don't wear it because when I am home I just take everything (jewelry!) off. :lol:

OP: I've worn my jewels to Europe, never had any issues but to the Caribbean I left my jewels except for a my band stacking set at home.

Snort. I've busted through gloves for work before wearing my e-ring. I leave it at home now. Are we ring size twins? I forget. If we are, we should start a rotation.

Oh don't I wish. There's no one I'd rather share bling with ROL. :wavey: I have huge man hands sadly. Sigh. That's why I need huge bling. :devil: 8-)

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1488483743|4135643 said:
Dancing Fire|1488483566|4135642 said:
Last summer wife and I wore our jewelry riding on the NYC subways day and night.

Yeah, I kept following you two around ... but I never caught you alone. :Up_to_something: :whistle:

:lol:
And who was following YOU and your Octavia around ?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lambskin|1488558115|4135985 said:
kenny|1488483743|4135643 said:
Dancing Fire|1488483566|4135642 said:
Last summer wife and I wore our jewelry riding on the NYC subways day and night.

Yeah, I kept following you two around ... but I never caught you alone. :Up_to_something: :whistle:

:lol:
And who was following YOU and your Octavia around ?

Liz Taylor's ghost.
But when she got one look at DF's honker we both stalked DF around NYC together. :sun:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We recently went on a caribbean cruise. For the first time ever, I left all my good jewelry at home. I did bring my Tiffany 18k zigzag ring which I wore as a wedding ring and a couple pairs of gold earrings, but no diamonds. It was hard to leave it all but freeing not to have to worry about anything. Usually when we travel I only bring the jewelry I wear when we leave. That usually includes my e-ring and eternity band, diamond earrings and a diamond necklace and my diamond watch.

I did bring a few cz pieces but found I didn't wear them. I brought a pearl necklace and earrings for the formal night. We stored all our cash and passports and wallets in the safe and had no problems.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1488557124|4135982 said:
Resonance.Of.Life|1488556534|4135979 said:

Oh don't I wish. There's no one I'd rather share bling with ROL. :wavey: I have huge man hands sadly. Sigh. That's why I need huge bling. :devil: 8-)

:love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my OEC to NYC in my passport neck pouch so I could do photo ops with my friend's diamond. It's the first time I've had it with me on a trip. Otherwise it stays home. I've mentioned this numerous times...but...again...my Mom was mugged at night while wearing her larger diamonds on the grounds of her upscale hotel in Palm Springs.
When I'm on vacation I don't want to have any distractions, like wondering if someone is checking me out. A robber won't know that the big diamond is fake until after he takes it to sell. The chances of being robbed may be slight, but I don't want to even have to think about it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1488627677|4136344 said:
I took my OEC to NYC in my passport neck pouch so I could do photo ops with my friend's diamond. It's the first time I've had it with me on a trip. Otherwise it stays home. I've mentioned this numerous times...but...again...my Mom was mugged at night while wearing her larger diamonds on the grounds of her upscale hotel in Palm Springs.
When I'm on vacation I don't want to have any distractions, like wondering if someone is checking me out. A robber won't know that the big diamond is fake until after he takes it to sell. The chances of being robbed may be slight, but I don't want to even have to think about it.

Yes and Bea and Joy had a fabulous time together didn't they? 8) :appl: :love:
Bea cannot wait for Joy to visit again. :halo:

And I totally agree with you about wearing a fake. I forgot to mention it before but if I don't feel comfortable wearing my real diamond I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a fake diamond because the thief won't know it's a fake yanno? So if I think it is dangerous I won't wear any diamonds.

joyandbeainthebigappleatthebigapplestore.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1488628161|4136347 said:
And I totally agree with you about wearing a fake. I forgot to mention it before but if I don't feel comfortable wearing my real diamond I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing a fake diamond because the thief won't know it's a fake yanno? So if I think it is dangerous I won't wear any diamonds.
Exactly!...I never understand why people bother to wear fakes when they are on vacation. .. :confused: If you don't want attention just don't wear any jewelry at all.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I usually wear a plain band or an inexpensive gemstone. No one on the ship cares what I'm wearing, I don't care what they are wearing. I didn't feel very safe in either St Lucia or Grenada. St Thomas was great as was Barbados. San Juan old city was fine but outside of there, not so safe. Honduras is very bad. Antigua, Tortola, cayman, St. John all seemed safe. I have never had anything stolen from my room in 14 cruises but I always cruise Disney. I have never used the safe.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It really depends on where I'm going and what tye of activities I'll be involved in. I've come to the conclusion when traveling outside of the US not to wear anything I don't want to part with. Either through theft or misplacement. I'm much more comfortable just wearing a plain band and not worring about it. I once wore my diamond ring scuba diving in Hawaii because I didn't want to leave it in the room safe. Neither was a good option. DF has a good point about wearing fakes. Why call unnecessary attention or danger to yourself? I don't want to get smacked over the head for a fake ring :doh:

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I even think about this question, I go with 'no'.

Calliecake|1488499412|4135768 said:
No. I only wear small diamonds when I travel. I'm very safety conscious and no piece of jewelry is worth getting hurt over.

Ditto. If I am not visiting/staying with family where I can safely 'leave' things, I usually keep it simple & to what I can wear without taking off. The only other exception for me is when I travel for work, as a colleague of mine in one of our locations is a fellow diamond/gem nut, so we make a point to meet up and have 'show & tell'. But even then, its limited to what I can wear non-stop, and otherwise feel comfortable since we always travel in groups there.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really, when it comes right down to it there really is no safe place to wear your jewelry. I have spent a lot of time in Palm Springs and never once worried about my jewelry, yet people have been mugged there for it. (See Jimmianne's post above). You just have to decide what feels ok to you. While others come to CA for vacation and don't bring their jewelry, I live here and wear it everywhere,even at night. We have spent many evening in the fabulous restaurants of Palm Springs, walking the streets and hanging out by hotel pools and I haven't given it a second thought.

harleydee

Rough_Rock
I used to travel with mine no problem. Then I started to feel uncomfortable, with everything going on in the world these days. The last time I went to Mexico, I wore a $30 fake CZ in its place and felt better about that. I also have mine insured, but I don't want to draw that kind of attention and end up dead or kidnapped in another country!

harleydee

Rough_Rock
Let me add that I was having nightmares, being chased and robbed, and in my dream I swallowed my ring! Anyways, I think each trip is different and you have to just listen carefully and trust your intuition. Also, if you are too anxious about it, just don't take it with you.

melissakam80

Rough_Rock
I always like to wear mine as well. What's the point of having it if you're not going to wear it?! However I do try to leave it behind when getting in any type of water-pools, ocean, rivers. Sometimes they have the tendency to slip off.

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
FWIW I just came back from an extensive European holiday and wore Isla the entire time. Nothing happened.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't travel much, and would only wear a plain band if I did, or no rings at all. My husband travels all over the world and usually only wears his gold band at home. He has a titanium band for everywhere else. I don't like taking any chances.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We go on Caribbean cruises every year, and not once have I ever heard of fellow travellers being mugged or robbed. I wear my expensive jewellery on cruises, and don't worry about it.

LadyMCh

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yeah, I showed up at my husband's Abuela's house (in FL) before going to visit their home country of Ecuador and his Abuela was literally taking my watch (then a Tissot), 0.80cttw diamond studs, and WG wedding band off of me. I had left some of the bigger stuff at our house. And she was like "No, absolutely not! Not safe!" and literally proceeded to strip me of my jewelry, lock it in their home safe, and lecture me about how one of their cousins was recently tackled by men on the street and had her *small* diamond earrings RIPPED out of her ears! OUCH! When we were there, even though his family is well off, the only fine jewelry I saw anyone where was an ~1/3ct diamond solitaire on a thin YG band at a family only function at someone's house.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My vacations don't work well for my nicer jewelry because I do tend to go off the beaten path. Sure for evenings, generally I wear basic stuff that just doesn't look real. I go on vacation to relax and I can't do that with the higher end stuff..meaning if its got diamonds and gold it stays home. I have a couple of necklaces that are real ( one is made of Keshi's, amethyst, and tiger eye rondells of undetermined treatment, the other is blue topaz rondels and Keshi's) but seriously most people wouldn't pick up on the fact they're real and they're very fun. Id be sad if I lost one but it wouldn't be the end of the world (I have more...lol).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results