shape
carat
color
clarity

Hope the President does a good job for USA

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
No. One group of people Trump respects are the ones who are really rich. And both Putin and Tillerson are way richer than Trump, so he'll behave.

If you're basing your opinion on his handshake with Tillerson, this video (at 1:00) shows Trump "yanked-and-pulled" him as well. So apparently it's not just about the money.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Click on the title to go to the full article on The Guardian website

Trump's 'Made in America' week: the president's hypocrisy on display
[URL='https://www.theguardian.com/profile/adam-gabbatt']by Adam Gabbatt[/URL]

Donald Trump
has declared this week “Made in America” week. According to the White House, it’s an opportunity for the president to showcase “products that are made in America”.

Unfortunately for Trump, that description would rule out many of the products he and members of his family have made and sold. From Donald J Trump Collection clothing to Trump Vodka to Trump: the Game, the president has a track record of not making things in America...

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Trump: "We'll just let Obamacare fail. We're not gonna own it. I'm not gonna own it."

When will this guy take any sort of responsibility -- he's the freakin' president! And when will the Republicans take responsibility? Republicans wrote this bill behind closed doors, blocking any sort of Democrat involvement (hell, they blocked other Republicans' involvement!). It's now all on you and your party.

If a good number of Trump supporters and Republicans actually think this is the Democrats' fault, then this country truly has no hope. This is not hyperbole.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC, Of course he will blame it on the democrats. That is who he blames everything on. I keep remember him saying (while campaigning) they had a beautiful healthcare plan that everyone will love. Where the hell is that plan? The republicans have never had a plan for healthcare. The problem is his base will never admit they have been conned. His supporters think he is doing a wonderful job and has accomplished a lot. They are delusional. I believe at this point he really could shoot someone in Times Square and they would rally around him.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TC, Of course he will blame it on the democrats. That is who he blames everything on. I keep remember him saying (while campaigning) they had a beautiful healthcare plan that everyone will love. Where the hell is that plan? The republicans have never had a plan for healthcare. The problem is his base will never admit they have been conned. His supporters think he is doing a wonderful job and has accomplished a lot. They are delusional. I believe at this point he really could shoot someone in Times Square and they would rally around him.

Every time anyone says that Trump committed any criminal act or improper act or act of folly, he puts out a loud bulletin that all his followers hear and believe saying that Hillary Clinton did something far, far worse with uranium in the Belgium Congo and that she committed high treason when she did it and should be tortured before she is hanged! And the"base" believes it! And they all repeat that charge on all the TV shows for the rest of their lives. And only Joy Reid of MSNBC ever goes to snopes.com and says, "well...the story about the Belgian Congo was debunked". Only she ever mildy contradicts a member of the Trump base as that inane Trump follower mimics, again and again, that Hillary was in The Belgian Congo with Patrice Lumumba and that she is GUILTY!!!!! I know I will hear about her and Lumumba for months and months and months and months after that every time I hear any Trump supporter speak. Instead of having two ears with which to hear and two eyes with which to see but only one mouth, they all seem to have been born without eyes, without ears, but with enormous mouths and no brains. A new species.

AGBF

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Click on the title to go to the full article on The Guardian website

Trump's 'Made in America' week: the president's hypocrisy on display
by Adam Gabbatt

Donald Trump
has declared this week “Made in America” week. According to the White House, it’s an opportunity for the president to showcase “products that are made in America”.

Unfortunately for Trump, that description would rule out many of the products he and members of his family have made and sold. From Donald J Trump Collection clothing to Trump Vodka to Trump: the Game, the president has a track record of not making things in America...
:think: I wonder if he held to this by finding USA manufactured clothing for the week.

Naaah! His supporters don't really give a dang about that!!! It's the thought that counts!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Trump have no choice but to let Obama care fail itself.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Trump have no choice but to let Obama care fail itself.

That's BS. He can stabilize it. He can improve it. There. Two other choices. But he chose to take away people's health insurance because he didn't like capital gains taxed an extra 3%.

Boy, I sure hope you're well inside the top 0.5% income level because the policies you're supporting will pretty much hit everyone outside of this.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's BS. He can stabilize it. He can improve it. There. Two other choices. But he chose to take away people's health insurance because he didn't like capital gains taxed an extra 3%.

Boy, I sure hope you're well inside the top 0.5% income level because the policies you're supporting will pretty much hit everyone outside of this.
Why improve Obama Care?. Isn't that what Dems wanted all these years?..:roll:. Like I said many times on PS...neither side can fix the health care problems.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why improve Obama Care?. Isn't that what Dems wanted all these years?..:roll:. Like I said many times on PS...neither side can fix the health care problems.

Are you saying neither side ALONE can fix the problem or the problem with healthcare in this county is UNFIXABLE PERIOD?

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

Just because YOU can't figure out how to fix the healthcare problems doesn't mean it can't be fixed. Please realize that other countries provide healthcare so that their people do not have to choose between housing, food, or healthcare; so that their people do not have to go bankrupt when they have serious healthcare issues. It's just the US that do that, because people like you think it's okay.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you saying neither side ALONE can fix the problem or the problem with healthcare in this county is UNFIXABLE PERIOD?
Unfixable!... you must screw the young and healthy by forcing them into buying insurance and raise the premiums on the middle class till they go broke.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Unfixable!... you must screw the young and healthy by forcing them into buying insurance and raise the premiums on the middle class till they go broke.

Geesh, can you please look up how insurance works before you comment again?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

How about this: stop paying the young and healthy to go die in unnecessary wars killing people in other countries and use that money to keep people in THIS country healthy.

Ohhhh wait...then all the men in the world can't puff up their chests and have my-dick-is-bigger-than-yours contests. Sorry, my bad! Will never work!

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to see the Trump Wealth Care Act has suffered a well-deserved implosion. It's always amazed me to see Republicans on a search and destroy mission for a health care plan that was originally a Republican idea in the 90's, the flaws of which cannot be blamed on Democrats, but rather on the Repubs who thought it up in the first place. It has a lot of problems precisely because it was never more than a second-best concept designed solely to fend off the best concept which is single payer, the same system every other first-world nation has adopted.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
You go explain it to the people who are living in these states of why their premiums are skyrocketing.
https://www.fool.com/investing/2017/05/10/6-states-where-the-average-health-insurance-premiu.aspx

Clearly you didn't even read the article you linked to because the answer is right there in the text:
  • Nebraska - the problem boiled down to higher-than-expected healthcare utilization.
  • Wyoming - It's heavily rural with a small population. Wyoming also didn't expand Medicaid with federal assistance provided through Obamacare.
  • Arizona - Younger, healthier individuals aren't enrolling as much as sicker patients who cost health insurers a lot of money.
  • Oklahoma - same reasons as Wyoming
  • North Carolina - none given in the article, but if I can speculate, I bet it is because there was a huge number of unhealthy people who enrolled in Obamacare (now that they can get insurance) and it wasn't offset with enough healthy people who enrolled as well. Hence, the cost of insuring (unhealthy) North Carolina was much higher than anticipated, hence premium increases.
  • Alaska - There simply aren't enough healthy members in the Alaskan market to offset the costs of others with high medical costs.
You know, the ironic thing is that the article you listed actually provides support to forcing the young and healthy into the market -- which is what you're complaining about. The reasons the premiums in these states have gone up so much is because not enough healthy people enrolled.

You are old, hopefully you'll stay healthy, but if you get sick, without the young and healthy in the same insurance pool, your rates will rise sky high. Do you not understand that? Your short-sighted position is completely against your own self-interest. (Then, of course, you will say that you have insurance through your wife's work, blah, blah, blah, enter the usual self-centered position and arguments here.)

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well I'm screwed by the young and healthy when it comes to car insurance aren't I? yes I am. I help subsidize car insurance. I pay and haven't used car insurance in years... like 8 years, yet I'm paying. I have zero ZERO kids in school yet I am paying school taxes out the nose, why should I subsidize the young? (Because I am a member of the smaller and larger community in the USA and it's my duty to pay my taxes).

Insurance is a big pool as you must know.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, yes, we will leave them "uninsured." Then when something catastrophic occurs to these uninsured people, they will get emergency medical care anyway, to the tune of $500,000! Don't worry, when they can't afford it, they can just file bankruptcy! Who pays that again??

Wash, rinse, repeat..hundreds and hundreds of times per day.

Why don't you republicans get this?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dems. can talk all they want Obama care will soon be dead, and not b/c of a new health care bill passing in D.C.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, the republicans motto: 'all for me and NONE for you'. or 'Too bad too sad'. or "Tough sh-- I got mine".. where is the compassion for our fellow human in republicans.. took that last train for the coast?

:roll::evil:

Dems. can talk all they want Obama care will soon be dead, and not b/c of a new health care bill passing in D.C.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock

I don't get it: what's the gloating for? Do you think this is good policy? You certainly have not shown a whole lot of understanding of Republican proposals, even just the repeal, to defend them on their merits. Or are you just happy because sick people will lose insurance?

At the very least, given that people will die as a result of policies you are gleefully supporting, understand what Trump and the Republicans are doing to bring about the "death" of the ACA. It requires action by Republicans -- their hands and your hands are not clean on this.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire, Just a thought. What would you do if one day your wife decided she no longer wanted to be married to you and you were dropped from her insurance after the divorce. You aren't working for a company that provides health insurance. Do you think you would be able to go directly into the workforce and get a job with a large corporation (lets face it that's how most people get great insurance)? Now suppose you had a life threatening illiness, you have no job, no insurance. Are we all just supposed to let you die? Your lack of compassion is unbelievable. No one knows what life will throw at them. Thirty years ago I never would have dreamed I would have the life I have now. Yes it took a lot of hard work but I'm also smart enough to know that ones life can change in a instant.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like I said... there are no simple solutions on health care. If premiums kept on raising the working middle class paycheck will go to their health insurance every month.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a solution. It's called single payer. Even doctors and hospitals are for it. You know who is against single payer? Health Insurance companies, because they, the middlemen are cut out. Republicans would rather keep accepting money from the health insurance companies, and screw their constiuencies, than to support healthcare for all.

It doesn't even matter how well off you are. Unless you are in the top top percentile of wealth, having medical issues at the end of your life can cause you to lose all the money you have earned up until that point. My ex's grandmother, had a long term condition and wanted to be cared for at home. As our healthcare system does not pay for in-home care, between her regular medical care and the in home care, she spent 1 MILLION dollars, the last 10 years of her life. No matter how much money you have, our current system really puts anyone at risk for losing everything they have worked for, if the unthinkable happens whether it's their own health or that of a child (well, except for congress, who apparently will have excellent healthcare coverage regardless of what legislation they pass for the rest of us).

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
Like I said... there are no simple solutions on health care. If premiums kept on raising the working middle class paycheck will go to their health insurance every month.

What premiums are these actually? The ACA has tax credits and subsidies to limit insurance costs for families earning up to 400% of poverty level (that's over $115,000 for a family of 5). So can you explain what you mean?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What premiums are these actually? The ACA has tax credits and subsidies to limit insurance costs for families earning up to 400% of poverty level (that's over $115,000 for a family of 5). So can you explain what you mean?
$115K isn't really high for Ca. working couple.

t-c

Brilliant_Rock
$115K isn't really high for Ca. working couple.

So are you now saying we should EXPAND tax breaks and subsidies to those earning more than $115K?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So are you now saying we should EXPAND tax breaks and subsidies to those earning more than $115K?
Nahh...Tax everyone in the U.S. 90% so we can all go on welfare.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results