shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Baguette band transformation by David Klass

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I have the big knuckle/smaller finger syndrome and wearing rings that spin is a real challenge for me. So, I reached out to David, who I have used previously, and asked him to engrave/milgrain the shank of my 1 ctw diamond baguette platinum band so at least when it spins, I'm not turned off by the ugly shank. Admittedly, the jeweler who originally sized this band did a poor job, but rather than give up on the band I adore, David has completely refreshed this band for me! I'm pretty excited, I had to share. :dance:
The before pics are mine. New pics are courtesy of DK.

IMG_6086.JPG

I hope this video works. :)

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brilliant idea!
I have the same issue and wondered if it could be done.
Good job, enjoy your renewed ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice! Love your idea of making it pretty all the way around!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I had been perseverating for over a year doing something to make this more aesthetically pleasing for me and I believe this transformation is the answer. DK was a pleasure to work with once again!
I can't wait to have it back on my hand and when it spins, it will be beautiful all the way around. :love:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brilliant idea for an age old problem! The rework of the band looks fabulous!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That refurb looks really pretty, what a difference it must of made, congrats!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fantastic idea !

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely remodel. Now you will wear it all the time. Congratulations!! DK did a wonderful job.

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all! I had been perseverating for over a year doing something to make this more aesthetically pleasing for me and I believe this transformation is the answer. DK was a pleasure to work with once again!
I can't wait to have it back on my hand and when it spins, it will be beautiful all the way around. :love:

I really love your ring, and I think down the road, I'll ask David for a quote for a copy, if that's OK with you.

You're right, David IS thoroughly a pleasure to do business with. He is very much dedicated to our complete satisfaction.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really love your ring, and I think down the road, I'll ask David for a quote for a copy, if that's OK with you.

You're right, David IS thoroughly a pleasure to do business with. He is very much dedicated to our complete satisfaction.

Absolutely you should ask him! He's such a pleasure and so reasonable too for what he did to transform this ring. I am excited to not have to look down and see the bottom of the shank.
Hoping to get it tomorrow or Wednesday! I don't think I'll get pictures as lovey as his but I'll try! :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a fantastic transformation! What a neat idea to keep the ring you have but make it better. His engraving work came out beautifully! It reminds me of a happy sunshiny day!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Really beautiful! A wonderful solution to your problem. And it looks like you just might have started something....lol! Now I am looking at my bands!!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you to everyone who commented about my band rehab. I received it and it is so beautiful. I actually think the milgrain makes the baguettes stand out more since the metal is now matte not shiny like the diamonds.
When I glance down, as we often do, it always looks perfect. I barely even care which side shows now. It's ironic that it doesn't appear to spin as much but that might be because I'm not at all bothered when it does. Love it! Thank you for sharing in my happiness.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's PERFECT!!! I love engraved pieces...I had my own customized!! The detail & design are absolutely GORGEOUS!! DK gets a gold star for this!! I love the floral design!! It looks so beautiful!! I hope you will share more pix!! I, too, as a baguette lover! Your ring is absolute perfection!! :love:
CRM

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful transformation! I need to send to DK all of my plain/boring bands :D enjoy it!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Isn't DK just the best? It's such a fantastic refresh... simply beautiful. Congrats!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@FeFeV
This is the beautiful transformation I mentioned, previously!! This ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:
@Sandeek meet FeFeV...very interested in motif/millgrain design...
:mrgreen2:

FeFeV

Shiny_Rock
@FeFeV
This is the beautiful transformation I mentioned, previously!! This ring is BEAUTIFUL!!! :love:
@Sandeek meet FeFeV...very interested in motif/millgrain design...
:mrgreen2:
YESSSSSS! I LOVE @Sandeek band! This thread was exactly what gave me the original inspiration and idea to want to have my band gussied up! I couldn't remember for the life of me who's band had the wonderful transformation, thanks so much @Matthews1127 for tagging me in this thread! You're so awesome ;)2

Heyyyy @Sandeek :wavey:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YESSSSSS! I LOVE @Sandeek band! This thread was exactly what gave me the original inspiration and idea to want to have my band gussied up! I couldn't remember for the life of me who's band had the wonderful transformation, thanks so much @Matthews1127 for tagging me in this thread! You're so awesome ;)2

Heyyyy @Sandeek :wavey:

Anytime @FeFeV!! My pleasure!!! I do hope you find inspiration, and transform your own piece(s)!!! Best of luck!! :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results