shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you guys think of this stone?

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you purposely selected a BGBlue for the fluorescence, the whiteflash stone doesn't have any. Brian Gavin signature stones are cut on par with whiteflash. Generally, they cost more than WF. Not sure about the Blue line, and this stone is some so we can't compare the price.

It looks like a beautiful stone!! How are you setting it?

Thanks all. I went with the fluorescence to maximize size and cut quality within budget -- but I don't want to be pound foolish. I definitely saved money: The price of mine, $10,900 (Memorial Day sale), is substantially less than the Whiteflash stone - now I am curious how much better a comparable stone without flouresence would look in "real life."

(I have had a very good experience with BGD, so I would stick with them if I change stones.)

Another issue is setting. I kind of cross-posted my question about this stone/setting on a different thread I had started earlier, so apologies for that.

I went with a very plain, plat., six-prong band. The thing is, it is much narrower than I envisioned, and the plat. is darker than other platinum rings I have, so it has to go back. I am at a loss as to what to pick now, since the upgraded "Tiffany" inspired version of the plain band is listed as being even thinner than mine. I like to keep things simple, and I want to stick with six prongs.

Last edited:

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A beautiful BG Blue stone. I bought a K with medium blue fluor for my wife at the end of last year and it certainly faces up almost as white as a GIA graded G non-super ideal 3X with no fluor.

Which setting did you go for? Some of their "designer" 6 prongs are quite elegant (at least to the tastes of my wife and I). We ended up with the Freya solitaire.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results