shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Big milestone...new bling of course!

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful way to celebrate a great accomplishment! Congratulations! :appl:
I love the heart and wings in your beautiful ring!
Let your ring remind you of your strength and determination every time you look at it.

plad25

Shiny_Rock
This is beautiful and so unique! Congratulations on your achievement!! :clap:

westjenn

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful! Congrats!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations!! It is STUNNING!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so very much for your kind words and congratulations!! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, so I haven't really had time to celebrate other than this purchase. You've all reminded me that it's important to still do that!

How fabulous! Congratulations! I think it's great to reward yourself after the stress of having a test like that. Now you can unwind a bit and enjoy your new ring.

Thank you! It was SO stressful and I'm finding it hard to unwind. Must schedule a vacation! :lol: Also, congrats on your big milestone. Would love to see a pic of the reward you bought yourself!

Wow Ihy, that ring is amazing! Dont you wish you knew the story/history behind it? It's like a little piece of art for your finger...love it!

Congrats on passing your big exam! You deserved to treat yourself!

Thank you so much! I always want to know the history behind pieces like this. I bought it from somebody who bought it from a dealer, but I would love to know more. I imagine that a very fabulous lady (or guy - who knows?) wore this on their finger about 100 years ago. Amazing to think about. Thank you again for your kind words. :wavey:

So beautiful!! I love the wings and the caliber-cut ruby heart halo. Congratulations on passing your exam! Social work is a tough but rewarding career - it's definitely a passion and a calling.

Thank you so much! It is both tough and rewarding, sometimes at the same time. Some days I want to quit and work at a Target or something, but I mostly love it. :lol:

That ring is SO GORGEOUS and unique! I've never seen anything like it! I love the finger coverage and the whole style of it. Definitely an heirloom piece! Wow!!!!

Thank you!! That's exactly what I thought - that I would never see a ring like this again so I'd better pounce. I've never seen anything like it either. Thanks for your kind words.

That is divine! As a fellow Social Worker I congratulate you!
Greetings fellow SW!! Thank you so much for your kind words.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful way to celebrate a great accomplishment! Congratulations! :appl:
I love the heart and wings in your beautiful ring!
Let your ring remind you of your strength and determination every time you look at it.

Thank you!! I love that sentiment. I thought the same when I bought it. I hope to always feel strong and determined!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Sorry if I missed anybody - I tried to go through and like all the posts! Still getting used to this new PS system.

Also, I'm such a bad PSer because I don't know any of the stats of this new ring or the rose cut diamond. It looks VERY clean to me. I can't see any inclusions even with 30x loupe. It looks to be about an I-J color but that's just my best guess. Over the moon with it!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so very much for your kind words and congratulations!! The last few weeks have been a whirlwind, so I haven't really had time to celebrate other than this purchase. You've all reminded me that it's important to still do that!

Thank you! It was SO stressful and I'm finding it hard to unwind. Must schedule a vacation! :lol: Also, congrats on your big milestone. Would love to see a pic of the reward you bought yourself!

Thank you so much! I always want to know the history behind pieces like this. I bought it from somebody who bought it from a dealer, but I would love to know more. I imagine that a very fabulous lady (or guy - who knows?) wore this on their finger about 100 years ago. Amazing to think about. Thank you again for your kind words. :wavey:

Thank you so much! It is both tough and rewarding, sometimes at the same time. Some days I want to quit and work at a Target or something, but I mostly love it. :lol:

Thank you!! That's exactly what I thought - that I would never see a ring like this again so I'd better pounce. I've never seen anything like it either. Thanks for your kind words.

Greetings fellow SW!! Thank you so much for your kind words.

Yes, now you NEED to have some time. Coming "down" from the high strung stress of studying is not easy to achieve! After my test, I noticed that I was just so tired for 2 weeks afterwards. Then I slowly returned to a natural equilibrium. I posted my ring a few times in the 'show me your star sapphires and rubies' thread in the colored stones forum. I'm also quite new and don't know how to post a link to that thread!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!! Such a beautiful piece. Congrats on your work achievement. I hope everything turns around for you now!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely!! It reminds me of an angel, with the wings on either side. Very beautiful!

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Congratulations! And hooray for your milestone bling :clap::dance: The piece is lovely: the shape, the rose cut, all of it!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, now you NEED to have some time. Coming "down" from the high strung stress of studying is not easy to achieve! After my test, I noticed that I was just so tired for 2 weeks afterwards. Then I slowly returned to a natural equilibrium. I posted my ring a few times in the 'show me your star sapphires and rubies' thread in the colored stones forum. I'm also quite new and don't know how to post a link to that thread!
Ugh, you are so right about that! I feel like I haven't been able to properly de-stress since my exam. I also have other stressors which do not help my case. I'm working on it, though. I love your ring BTW! I just went and looked at it. So lovely!! Thanks for your kind words.

Congrats!! Such a beautiful piece. Congrats on your work achievement. I hope everything turns around for you now!

Thanks so much for your kindness. I hope so, too.

Lovely!! It reminds me of an angel, with the wings on either side. Very beautiful!

I love that imagery! Thank you so much. :)

Congratulations! And hooray for your milestone bling :clap::dance: The piece is lovely: the shape, the rose cut, all of it!

Thank you, thank you! I also thought it was the full package. :love:

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi all! Let me preface this by saying I've had a rough year, throughout which I've learned it's important to celebrate the positive things. I recently passed an exam that earned me the highest licensure in my field (social work). What better way to celebrate with some new bling? I purchased this from a seller on instagram and just wanted to share! It's an Edwardian (circa 1910-1920) diamond and ruby dinner ring in platinum. The center is a rose cut diamond estimated to weigh around 1 carat. It's sort of reminiscent of a heart shape, don't you think? I'm in love. Would also love to see all of your "milestone bling."

IMG_0012.JPG IMG_0023.JPG IMG_0063.JPG
This is absolutely precious. What a rare and stunning piece! Perfect way to celebrate! Congratulations on your achievements.

LightBright

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you all so much for your kind words! Here are a couple of other pictures. The gallery view is intriguing!

IMG_0098.JPG IMG_0100.JPG
The profile shows such exquisite workmanship. Lovely!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on passing your exams! The ring is gorgeous. You deserve it.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, congrats!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your achievement!! If such licensures and higher ed were easy, everyone would have one :mrgreen: Clinical social workers have a warm spot in my heart because and LCSW saved my life (in therapy).

That ring is TDF!!! :love: Shazaammmm!!!!!:love: STFD!!!! Etc. !:love:

I'm so glad to read that life is feeling pretty darned good for you these days! Way to go :appl::clap::appl:

Q

Queenie60

congratulations! Your ring is very beautiful.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your achievement and in snagging a beautiful and rare ring. I so love these antique rings that show the beauty of an era. Yours is truly gorgeous! Wear it in good health.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much everyone! - LLJsmom, lightbright, arkieb, and queenie! You are all so sweet to take time out of your day!!

Congratulations on your achievement!! If such licensures and higher ed were easy, everyone would have one :mrgreen: Clinical social workers have a warm spot in my heart because and LCSW saved my life (in therapy).

That ring is TDF!!! :love: Shazaammmm!!!!!:love: STFD!!!! Etc. !:love:

I'm so glad to read that life is feeling pretty darned good for you these days! Way to go :appl::clap::appl:
Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm glad a SW could be of service to you. Sometimes I wonder if I'm helping or harming. :lol: But I bet you saved your own life. ;-) And things ARE pretty darned good. I'm going to be grateful and enjoy with my new ring! Thank you so much again!

Congrats on your achievement and in snagging a beautiful and rare ring. I so love these antique rings that show the beauty of an era. Yours is truly gorgeous! Wear it in good health.

Thank you so much! I feel like I have a piece of history and wonder a lot about what it was like to live during that time.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats!
Your ring is stunning. I love the gorgeous detailing. What a great choice.

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Such a beautiful and unique ring... the perfect way to celebrate your crowning achievement! Enjoy!!

sjroberts

Shiny_Rock
Amazing! Really so unique. I love that it is old. The older I get the more I dream about antique and vintage jewelry.

My make believe story: the rose cut diamond is from a tiara. The owner of the tiara knew a couple who were madly in love. When the owner of the tiara passed away, the diamonds in it were given to various people. Your rose cut was given to the madly in love couple with a note telling them that their love was inspiring and a true treasure. The couple had the heart design incorporated because they owned each other's hearts. And the "wings" represent the memory of their friend.

Most likely not the story! Lol! But it is fun to think about!! Enjoy your beautiful ring and make its history your own!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just have to say again... I love how unique and special your ring is! So tasteful and divine! Nice presence! More pics please???

flash_and_fire

Rough_Rock
Congrats! I'm all about the milestone and did the same thing for myself. Gorgeous ring, intricate and delicate at the same time. Hope you enjoy for many many years to come as you grow in your profession.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG IMG_0307.JPG

Thank you acinom, carbonfan, flash and fire, and pear affair!

Here are some other pictures as per request! I couldn't resist. :wavey: This stone is such a chameleon. It looks icy white in most situations but can really take on its environment.

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Amazing! Really so unique. I love that it is old. The older I get the more I dream about antique and vintage jewelry.

My make believe story: the rose cut diamond is from a tiara. The owner of the tiara knew a couple who were madly in love. When the owner of the tiara passed away, the diamonds in it were given to various people. Your rose cut was given to the madly in love couple with a note telling them that their love was inspiring and a true treasure. The couple had the heart design incorporated because they owned each other's hearts. And the "wings" represent the memory of their friend.

Most likely not the story! Lol! But it is fun to think about!! Enjoy your beautiful ring and make its history your own!
Lol!! I love your make believe story. You should be a writer! I wish this was a lover's token because I think it's super romantic, but I bought this for myself and it makes me feel strong and independent. Thanks so much for your kind words.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
unbelievably beautiful ring!
congratulations on your exam!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning piece! Wear it in good health!

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much arkteia and gloria! You're so kind!

I just saw that my ring was featured on the PS blog. I can't believe it!! Thank you all again for your kind words. I'm working on taking some better pics. We finally got some sun today!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results