shape
carat
color
clarity

What do you have your heart set on?

tanalasta

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Anything in over 2Ct (2 is the new 1 apparently).
Colourless.
Eye clean.
A Cut Above whiteflash for their exceptional quality and performance

Anything bigger than 2Ct looks gaudy. I think 2 is just about right as a 'daily wear engagement ring' without looking like one had too much money.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amal Clooney's engagement ring! That and a 2-3ct transitional OEC in CVB Casablanca!! :D

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When pose the question like this, "heart set on...", I would have to say that when I look at my OEC, there isn't anything else I would rather see on my finger. And there is no point for me to get another big rock because I would wear only one at a time. Then the one not worn would sit somewhere and that would really really bug me. I do want to find the perfect setting for my OEC. In progress...

There are some VCA and Cartier pieces that I am seriously lusting right after right now. However, those will need to wait. I am proud of myself for wearing the pieces I have and am discovering how much I enjoy them.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually........nothing! I've lusted after some of the gorgeous stones on PS but have since come to realise that 'big rocks' just don't fit in with my lifestyle and social circle. I could buy one but I would rarely wear it.

I'm actually very content with my jewellery collection now, in fact I still own more that I could possibly wear regularly. I may be about to start selling a few pieces off :think:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All antique diamonds. A big fat juicy antique pear. A big beautiful emerald cut diamond. And a big chunky monkey OEC. All in platinum solitaire settings so I can switch my ER choice from one solitaire to another.

Dream size and color and clarity as follows:
OEC 6 plus carat JVS1

Antique Emerald Cut 8 carat D or E VS1

Antique Pear 8 carat E or FVS1

However I am flexible and you fall in love with the diamond and not the numbers.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My tastes are so wide and varied that I really couldn't hanker it down to ONE piece that I lust over. I would like to have an AVC at some point, but as a right hand ring and only worn on occasion.

I find myself really wanting to increase my colored stones collection lately, and not just rings. Bracelets, earrings, pendants... all fair game! FDH (future DH) and I have already talked about this; I've asked that every year, for either my birthday or Christmas, he work with Caysie to design a piece for me so my collection could grow. That way they will be sentimental and beautiful pieces that he was a part of. Thankfully he LOVED this idea. It'll take a while, but within a decade or so I should have several beauties that I just adore :appl:

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0088.PNG IMG_0114.JPG IMG_0115.PNG IMG_0237.JPG For me, it seems to change every week!

But lately: a WF ACA 0.5-5ct
A wide platinum baguette band
A 2ct princess cut
A huge and low-colour OEC bezel set in YG

That would be a great start :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have my heart set on a warmer diamond. I like the K colors if they have that brownish tint that to my eye can look slightly dusky rose in some lights.

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dream stone I'd purchase is either a BGD Black or WF ACA over 1ct, pref E-G VS2+. That or an Octavia, same colour and clarity preference over 2cts. But that's a pipe dream now with my 5 month old Bub now in the picture (unless I have a lotto win).

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I love watches so a Cartier Balloon Bleu would be high on the list. And antique EC. And a modest but lively OEC, either in a simple bezel pendant or something like VC's Sophia with french cuts.

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
A quality 2.5 Emerald Cut. I either find quality at 2ct or less but no size and the larger I go, quality decreases. I found an awesome 3ct but it was an M! :( I'm currently talking to 2 different jewelers to help me find the stone that "speaks to me". I get stuck on parameters. I want to look at it and know THIS IS IT!

That said, I appreciate the OEC's and Minerss.

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
A quality 2.5 Emerald Cut. I either find quality at 2ct or less but no size and the larger I go, quality decreases. I found an awesome 3ct but it was an M! :( I'm currently talking to 2 different jewelers to help me find the stone that "speaks to me". I get stuck on parameters. I want to look at it and know THIS IS IT!

That said, I appreciate the OEC's and Minerss.

I would love to have an EC in a beautiful East-West setting. How do you want to set yours when you find your beauty?

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Either a cathedral solitaire with split prongs or a 3 stone with trapezoids. Platinum. My fingers are so long I need the traditional N/S setting. I have an awesome eternity band that I absolutely love and that was the only thing I was sure about. So we did it backwards and got our bands first, lol. But Now I'm stuck in limbo on a center that will be able to stand next to my band. I don't recommend buying your band first.

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
@daisydukes is your EC on here? I'd love the link to see it!

sachiemay

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I read yours wrong! Fingers crossed we get our dreamy loves. <3

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Oh man, I have so many ideas :lol:

I'd love an ER upgrade in a white gold, 6 or 8 prong solitaire à la the CVB Jovyn. I seem to oscillate daily between an ACA in the G-I range or an OEC in the H-L range. The carat weight would depend on the cut, but something in the 7.3-8.2 mm range would be my ideal.

It's so hard, though: when I think of the money I'd spend to get that, all I see is ways I could spend that on my family instead of just myself (a Disney cruise to the Caribbean comes to mind since we have little kiddos... :love:)

More reachable are my other wants. My ER stone is .75 carats, which keeps other diamond jewelry to a manageable size: WF ACA martini-set stud earrings around .8 tcw, a 1-2 ct tennis bracelet, or a solitaire pendant around 1 ct. I'm gunning for a promotion next year, and I hope to treat myself to the studs if/when I get it.

I was spoiled this year with some colored gemstone RHRs in honor of having our second baby and turning 30, and I'm definitely hoping to add to my color collection. I'd love an EC aquamarine (my son's birthstone) with pear side stones that make a splash shape, like the attached (which was found on PS, but I'm not sure whose it is!) IMG_1319.PNG

I'd also eventually love a natural emerald (my daughter's birthstone) RHR...perhaps a diamond halo cabochon?

And finally, I love the asymmetrical settings by Grew & Co. I'd love one of these for a RHR with a red or pink or yellow gemstone: IMG_2364.PNG
IMG_2365.PNG

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My HFG/dream rock would probably be an 11 mm G/totally eye clean ACA with medium to SBF... in a CVB soli setting... not sure about 6 or 8 prongs. ;-)

...I wouldn't turn my nose up at a big whoppin' H/I OEC *or* an amazingly cut D/E oval in the 12x10 mm range *or* a huge elongated antique cushion! (for the record) :mrgreen:

I'd love a large ACA with MBF, but my understanding is that WF does not carry stones with fluor. Am I wrong about this? (I'd be happy to be wrong, lol).

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OP, are we talking about realistic "having your heart set on" or wildest bling dream(s)?

If it's the former, a large ACA or BGD RB 7-8ct G-H colour, VS clarity, preferably with MBF, and 8ctw ACA or BGD studs, same colour & clarity range.

For the latter, large antique EC (in addition to the RB of course, not instead of:razz:;-) by Graff, Harry Winston, VCA or Cartier....like 15ct large!! and while I'm dreaming, I'd like D IF please!!:lol: And of course, I'd have to have an antique OEC riviera necklace to go with this incredible ring, along with several Cartier/ HW/ VCA/ Graff (I'm not fussed which maison, hehe) incredible bracelets!!:dance::clap:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love a large ACA with MBF, but my understanding is that WF does not carry stones with fluor. Am I wrong about this? (I'd be happy to be wrong, lol).

Hmmmm... that's interesting, Phoenix. :think: I've never heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of ppl see fluoro as a negative. Not me -- I LOVE IT! Medium to SBF is TDF... as is your collection of HUGE rocks!! #blingenvy #sizewhoreiam

It wouldn't have to be an ACA/HPD/BG/etc, specifically... I'm a huge fan of @mrs-b's BN MRB find -- it's GORGEOUS! I understand why ppl pay for ACA, but if I could find that HUGE "unicorn" diamond in an eye clean, H/I with awesome cut, I'd pick it over an ACA any day (for the money saved). I realize that it most likely wouldn't be "ACA-equal" in all ways, but it would be good enough for me! #yetagainsizeho :lol-2:;-)

Unfortunately (or fortunately??), I'm locked in to Diamonds Direct. Their upgrade program is pretty amazing (at 110% and no restrictions -- only spend $1 more), but the downside is, now that they've got so many more locations, they aren't getting outside stones. I found a unicorn on JA a month or so ago, and I *really* wanted them to get it for me... but they would not. :blackeye: On the bright side, they do have a ton of diamonds and can get anything within a few days... :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Phoenix ...I searched WF's ACAs for Medium to SBF, and nothing came up... there were, however, some with Negligible Fluoro.

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
OP, are we talking about realistic "having your heart set on" or wildest bling dream(s)?

I'm loving hearing about both - realistic and IMWBD. :)

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmmm... that's interesting, Phoenix. :think: I've never heard that, but it wouldn't surprise me. A lot of ppl see fluoro as a negative. Not me -- I LOVE IT! Medium to SBF is TDF... as is your collection of HUGE rocks!! #blingenvy #sizewhoreiam

It wouldn't have to be an ACA/HPD/BG/etc, specifically... I'm a huge fan of @mrs-b's BN MRB find -- it's GORGEOUS! I understand why ppl pay for ACA, but if I could find that HUGE "unicorn" diamond in an eye clean, H/I with awesome cut, I'd pick it over an ACA any day (for the money saved). I realize that it most likely wouldn't be "ACA-equal" in all ways, but it would be good enough for me! #yetagainsizeho :lol-2:;-)

Unfortunately (or fortunately??), I'm locked in to Diamonds Direct. Their upgrade program is pretty amazing (at 110% and no restrictions -- only spend $1 more), but the downside is, now that they've got so many more locations, they aren't getting outside stones. I found a unicorn on JA a month or so ago, and I *really* wanted them to get it for me... but they would not. :blackeye: On the bright side, they do have a ton of diamonds and can get anything within a few days... :)

Thanks, @msop04 - I love it too!

I've always done really well with BN stones, but the cut on my 3.61 is extra gorgeous and the light return is something else. It glows. Or should I say - it GLOOOOOWS! Next year I'm turning it into a 3 stone, with Canera H&A sig cuts either side. I already have the first one - they'll both be H VS2 - and my BN stone completely holds its own against the Canera stone. I am SO looking forward to scratching this itch; I've wanted something like this for such a long time!

And good luck with your 11mm upgrade search! Never say never and all good things come to those who wait and all that sort of thing! ;-)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results