shape
carat
color
clarity

Strong blue flourescence causing haziness

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
i feel so fickle with my feelings about my new 3.3 j strong blue flour purchase. I was in love with it for a couple days since having it but I had not had time to really observe it in sunlight so much. I thought I wanted flourescence-- I have never owned one before but I thought with lower color being J, I wanted the flourescence. Today, sadly I am starting to see haziness. I am not sure if it's normal to see a strong blue flourescence exhibit this way but I noticed that when under the sun, after a whole, I am not see the diamond clearly. It is perfectly beautiful in the shade and indoor but under direct sunlight, it's as if it's oily. I made sure the stone is not dirty. I will go to an independant jeweler to check again but I am really making myself feel sick about this purchase. It's still within the return period but after looking for a while, i thought I got an amazing stone.
In some direct sunlight, it's very clear, but most of the time, it's hazy. I don't mind the blue color, I just want a clear stone that performs like it does in door.
What are your thoughts?

IMG_2294.JPG

IMG_2295.JPG

IMG_2299.JPG

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your pics look more like indoor shots? If you don't like the fluor then go ahead and return it. Here's my VSB under the sun compared to a non. IMG_2895.JPG IMG_2892.JPG

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Nice shots DF!!!
diamondlove123 - how do you feel about the body color of the stone when it's not in sunlight?

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Your pics look more like indoor shots? If you don't like the fluor then go ahead and return it. Here's my VSB under the sun compared to a non. IMG_2895.JPG IMG_2892.JPG
Hi, you're right. It's indoor but under the sunlight. Does it make a big difference? I will go out tomorrow to take more pics under the sunlight outdoor like you did. I thought as long as it's under the sunlight, it won't matter indoor or outside.
I'll try again so you guys can help me assess. I truly appreciate this forum, there's no one IRL I can share my obssessiveness regarding the details with.

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Nice shots DF!!!
diamondlove123 - how do you feel about the body color of the stone when it's not in sunlight?
Rockdiamond, I love it when indoor not under the sunlight and that's what I have been seeing the past couple of days until today when I look closely and have more time with it alone (I have been dealing with little kids). It has amazingly white body color of all the Js I have looked at. To me, I looks like an I color even.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Got it.
Many bright sunlight situations are far less than ideal for looking at pretty much any diamond.
So if you love it all other times, I'd say no biggie.
Of course YMMV

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Your stone appears very nicely cut. If you haven't seen many well cut stones under direct direct sunlight many will not perform well. Try to look at some other stones (particularly well cut non fluor) in sunlight and see if it's truly due to haze or because of an optical phenomenon

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a negligible stone (ACA) under the sun. Notice the deep blue? it is reflection of the blue sky. photo 28.JPG photo 23.JPG

Last edited:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pics DF ... but there's a problem ... that woman's diamond looks larger than yours.
Time for an upgrade.

Just mail me your old Octavia. :razz:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pics DF ... but there's a problem ... that woman's diamond looks larger than yours.
Time for an upgrade.

Yeh, I was thinking his Octavia looked a little hazy...dont think you should keep it DF. I dont mind a little haze...send it my way;-):kiss:

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Your stone appears very nicely cut. If you haven't seen many well cut stones under direct direct sunlight many will not perform well. Try to look at some other stones (particularly well cut non fluor) in sunlight and see if it's truly due to haze or because of an optical phenomenon
Hi, thank you for your advice. I love this stone due to all the numbers (except table is slightly larger but I don't mind) and it's within hca standard. I was just taken back of the cloudiness appearance in some situation today. I will compare with my other well it round and show you all.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Time for an upgrade.

Yeah, I need a 4.75ct ? Octavia to = 9.7mm...:cry:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results