shape
carat
color
clarity

Opinion on this diamond?!

Groom2be86

Rough_Rock
IMG_4398.PNG IMG_4397.PNG Hi everyone,

Was hoping for some opinions on this diamond, unfortunately I don't have any pictures but I do have the GIA report.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooo... the angles are not complimentary, and it will not reflect light in the best way. It scores a 5.5 on the HCA, good only if price is your main concern. You can do MUCH better.

Groom2be86

Rough_Rock
Nooo... the angles are not complimentary, and it will not reflect light in the best way. It scores a 5.5 on the HCA, good only if price is your main concern. You can do MUCH better.

I've heard that the HCA is kinda questionable, is there any truth to that.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've heard that the HCA is kinda questionable, is there any truth to that.

EH, depends on who you ask. But i think the bulk of it is... if you're a newbie or buying blind and are just going off of numbers, stick to recommended angles and use the HCA. The stones posted for you yesterday are BEAUTIFUL, did you take a look at any of them?

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
41.8 is not a great paviilion by any cut grading mechanism. It would have to be paired with a pretty shallow crown.

If you hear things like HCA is kinda questionable you should read about the limitations of all the various cut grading systems, GIA, AGS, HCA and then you can make your own decision. Take some time out of your searching for diamonds and read the absolute wealth of information so you can make your own mind up. No system is infallible but each provides very useful information.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonder whether the person telling you that the HCA is questionable, is a person hoping to be selling you a (less than splendid) diamond ?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pavil depth of 44.5% doesn't sound good on a RB stone.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results