shape
carat
color
clarity

Bill Cosby...what's next

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what's next and it is outrageous.
Bill Cosby Plans to Teach Kids to Avoid Sexual Assault - TIME
https://apple.news/ArJif9YCfRzezCAkfZCIO6w

Cosby teaching kids ANYTHING about this topic?
The parents who will bring their kids to 'learn from guru Cosby" have confused the CHARACTER HE PLAYS with the actor.

I've heard TV characters get TONS of mail from people who address their letters TO THE CHARACTER! :doh::doh::doh:

Have I mentioned how much I hate TV?
TV makes people stoopid! :nono:

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We live in a society that just buys heavily into rape culture and victim blaming and we aren't exactly providing better examples. We don't prioritize rape prevention and we certainly don't prioritize women.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is acting as though his mistrial is an acquittal. :angryfire:

He's a pig of the worst kind. Performing these seminars is only proving this point.

What a clueless narcissist.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He is acting as though his mistrial is an acquittal. :angryfire:

He's a pig of the worst kind. Performing these seminars is only proving this point.

What a clueless narcissist.

Exactly. This is a strategy to influence the next jury pool.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This latest stunt is to try to influence the jury pool.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New details from one of the jurors was released. The juror stated during Crosby's 2005 deposition he was asked if the woman gave her consent. Crosby said he wouldn't use that word.

The juror expressed his frustrations about not getting a guilty verdict.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bye bye Bill! :wavey:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What does 3 to 10 years mean?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sigh..i feel like he got off easy.
I understand feeling like that, because at first I did too. But then I began to imagine what "Mr. Huxtable's" life is from now on for at least the next few years.

He leaves his lovely, expensively furnished home in an upscale area of town. No more soft, cushy bed to sleep in with the finest sheets, possibly down pillow, lovely, soft comforters. No more marble bathroom sinks and floors, with walk in showers (not the kind he has anyway). No more getting up in the morning, donning his silk robe, strolling down to the kitchen where he'd linger at the table over a leisurely coffee while reading the newspaper. No more fine dining, in or out. No more shows, no more celebrity gatherings, no more intimate dinner parties......

You get the picture. He may not have got near what we'd like, or he deserves, but I relish in the fact that life as he knew it is over. And there is a real possibility he could die in a prison hospital.

It's better than nothing. I'll take it.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You all can rest assured that his life will be nothing like what he is accustomed.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blind, old, famous, and a sex offender. He’ll be lucky to end up in protective custody. Not so lucky in general population...

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blind, old, famous, and a sex offender. He’ll be lucky to end up in protective custody. Not so lucky in general population...
Most likely PC but that's still prison with no special services other than what you can buy at canteen with your large account.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cosby spokesman Andrew Wyatt said the comic was subjected to “most racist and sexist trial in the history of the United States.”

Unbelievable :angryfire: Rot in prison you deviant old man.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was watching the short video clip in MP's link where they were putting him in a car to take him to his new home. And thinking about one of the lawyers musing about him yesterday, how he had done so many good things, had achieved such status, and then this "fall from grace". Almost as if, he had been a really good person, and then all of a sudden he wasn't.

What struck me was, no, he was never a good person, no matter how many "good" things he might have done. Because a man's true character, is what he does when the rest of the world isn't looking.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What struck me was, no, he was never a good person, no matter how many "good" things he might have done. Because a man's true character, is what he does when the rest of the world isn't looking.

Exactly. He was and still is a low life but was just an expert at fooling us all. We thought we knew him from the kindly wise Mr Huxtable character he played on TV among other shows he played a role in and he was a very talented actor and in many ways a gifted individual. I grew up watching him and enjoying his shows. But it was all an act and he was playing a role. Very well I might add. But no he was never a "good" person. :cry2:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Exactly. He was and still is a low life but was just an expert at fooling us all. We thought we knew him from the kindly wise Mr Huxtable character he played on TV among other shows he played a role in and he was a very talented actor and in many ways a gifted individual. I grew up watching him and enjoying his shows. But it was all an act and he was playing a role. Very well I might add. But no he was never a "good" person. :cry2:
Interesting little FYI on where the word hypocrite comes from. :wink2:

https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/hypocrite-meaning-origin

The Greek word took on an extended meaning to refer to any person who was wearing a figurative mask and pretending to be someone or something they were not. This sense was taken into medieval French and then into English, where it showed up with its earlier spelling, ypocrite, in 13th-century religious texts to refer to someone who pretends to be morally good or pious in order to deceive others.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was watching the short video clip in MP's link where they were putting him in a car to take him to his new home. And thinking about one of the lawyers musing about him yesterday, how he had done so many good things, had achieved such status, and then this "fall from grace". Almost as if, he had been a really good person, and then all of a sudden he wasn't.

He was using all of the achievements and status to hide behind and gain the access and trust of the unsuspecting. The very definition of a calculating predator. The lawyers are trying for damage control and to salvage his “fine” reputation. The man is so vile.

ETA. I was typing when you posted last...so true

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And his lawyers are posturing for their appeals and setting the stage for future parole hearings. Gross.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results