shape
carat
color
clarity

My Mark Broumand Experience - An Asscher Setting Upgrade

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Hello!

I have spent years reading the many stories of people who do custom settings and finally decided it was my turn.

I originally purchased my 2.17 carat I VS1 asscher from Blue Nile over 3 years ago. See SMTB thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/many-pics-of-my-dreamy-asscher.204987/

I had looked at some of Blue Nile's simple pave settings and was not in love at the time so I bought a simple platinum setting knowing I would upgrade at some point. I was not a fan of how large the prongs were on the Blue Nile setting and felt there was too much metal surrounding the diamond. The large prongs made my asscher look completely square and seemed to take away from the corners. I loved the diamond but became tired of the setting. At one point I had considering upgrading the diamond because I thought that would make a difference but then realized the setting would have to be replaced as well. Having a custom setting built seemed like an intense process that I was not sure I was ready for.

That is until I saw the creations by Mark Broumand on Instagram. I was immediately mesmerized by the beauty and delicate settings along with the amazing videos of each piece. After a few months of admiring those videos I decided to reach out for a quote. I received a quick response and was pleasantly surprised that the price of the setting was not ridiculously high like I was expecting. Mr. Broumand and I emailed back and forth for over a week narrowing in on the exact specs and how the process would work. I was also surprised the process was not as intense as I thought it was and was relatively easy. When it came time to the up front payment, I spoke to him personally and I appreciated his professionalism and the fact that he listened to what I wanted. It took about 3 weeks to prepare the setting and then he sent me a prepaid shipping label to send him my diamond. It was only a few days later that when I received the video and pics of my diamond in its new setting.

Video:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BVSphRzHEqI/

Wow! I was so amazed how this setting highlighted my diamond and was exactly what I wanted. I could not be more pleased with the experience. The prongs are so much smaller and I can now actually see the true shape of the asscher. The pave diamonds are excellent cut and match my center stone. I switched to a rose gold setting and love its contrast with my diamond. I had also requested the diamonds in the setting to have fluorescence and appreciate that nearly 1/3 of them do, one even has a pink/orange fluorescence and I love it. I am so happy to finally have a setting that allows my diamond to really shine. :love:

Before:

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.51.39 PM.png

After:

**edited by moderator, no logos allowed, please upload new photos**

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.50.20 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 12.51.19 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. Congratulations on a custom project that went so well!

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
absolutely stunning! :love: And can you give some details on the band too? :lickout:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh I saw that on IG!!! It's gorgeous!!! Congrats on such a fabulous upgrade! :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my :love: this is glorious! what a beautiful setting upgrade

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a beautiful setting and showcases your stone perfectly!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Exciting! I love it. :love: I too bought my asscher from Blue Nile, set it in a 4 prong plat solitare and also thought the prongs were too thick and chunky.

I send mine to caysie next week to be set in its new setting... reminiscent of yours, but different and with a split shank.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful Fritiz! Those prongs make a ton of difference! I love your new setting!

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow - stunning new setting!! You made a fabulous choice!

anne_h

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I *love* your band! Rose cuts and single cuts, gorgeous!

Anne

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, that video took my breath away!!! You truly chose a phenomenal setting and it highlights your diamond PERFECTLY!!!!

fritzi

Rough_Rock
absolutely stunning! :love: And can you give some details on the band too? :lickout:
Thank you! I actually do not have any details on the band but I would highly recommend reaching out to them for more info.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Exciting! I love it. :love: I too bought my asscher from Blue Nile, set it in a 4 prong plat solitare and also thought the prongs were too thick and chunky.

I send mine to caysie next week to be set in its new setting... reminiscent of yours, but different and with a split shank.
Thank you! I cannot wait to see your new setting.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
It's beautiful. Congratulations on a custom project that went so well!

Thank you!

Ahhh I saw that on IG!!! It's gorgeous!!! Congrats on such a fabulous upgrade! :love:

Thank you so much!

Oh my :love: this is glorious! what a beautiful setting upgrade

Thank you!

It is a beautiful setting and showcases your stone perfectly!

Thank you! Thank you!

Beautiful Fritiz! Those prongs make a ton of difference! I love your new setting!

Thank you! It really does make a difference. I am so happy I kept this stone.

Oh wow - stunning new setting!! You made a fabulous choice!

Thank you so much!

I *love* your band! Rose cuts and single cuts, gorgeous!

Anne

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you you all so much for your wonderful comments! ❤️

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Oh wow, that video took my breath away!!! You truly chose a phenomenal setting and it highlights your diamond PERFECTLY!!!!
Thank you! I really love the video too. To me the price was worth it just for the video. I have always had a difficult time photographing my diamonds and I am so pleased with the accompanying photography.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, I just love rose gold. Enjoy!

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful! Your setting is perfect for that diamond. So very elegant! I love the band as well!! Did Mark do that too? I agree with you on the photography and videos! I wish I had better ones of my ring as well.

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! Your setting is perfect for that diamond. So very elegant! I love the band as well!! Did Mark do that too? I agree with you on the photography and videos! I wish I had better ones of my ring as well.

Thank you so much! ❤️

Yes, that is one of their bands. I have not decided on which band I will buy yet because they have so many unique ones to choose from.

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a stunning transformation! Your stone is lovely and looks perfectly at home in the new setting. I love the band too! Congrats.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats it's beautiful and Mark is a lovely guy too!!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful setting and stone!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do love that stone and it looks great in your new setting :)

I love the rose cuts with it, excellent contrast of styles!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Nice transformation! Enjoy it for years to come.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning stone and an amazing setting. Your ring radiates pure luxury. I like!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stunning:love:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your asscher looks perfect in its new rose gold home! And for real, buy that band!

daisydukes

Rough_Rock
Omgosh - STUNNING! :love: And thanks for the info on having a custom reset from the perspective of someone less experienced in this kind of project. This definitely gave me the confidence boost I needed!

fritzi

Rough_Rock
Wow! What a stunning transformation! Your stone is lovely and looks perfectly at home in the new setting. I love the band too! Congrats.
Thank you so much! It is amazing what a difference the change of setting has made.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results