carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Sunday kids!

Just a quickie since my connectivity at the boathouse is iffy at best.

Curby, I've heard of a best ball tournament buy never a WORST ball! Poor Marty!

Yesterday I did NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. It was glorious! The CB went to Bass Pro Shop (where he is now on a first name basis with every employee in the store and most of the customers too) stopped at Menards, brought lunch back, and took the boat out and did a little fishing. During all that I read a book and napped. Repeatedly. My big accomplishment of the day was leaving the boathouse to go to dinner! Today there will be more activity out of Dee -- I promise!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was tempted to tell Marty he should get on the board so he can suggest they never have one of those tournaments again. He gets really frustrated at all the tournaments. He pays for the season and for the cart use all year but then they have a ton of tournaments and he can't play on those days or runs in to something like this. If you do play in the tournament you had to pay the fee to enter. If they let them play free or charged a minimum fee that would be one thing but forking over $65 to $120 several times a month on top of your annual fees is a bit much.

Woo hoo for doing absolutely NOTHING! Those days are good. So CB is becoming a celebrity at the Bass Pro Shop these days. Nice!

I did get my bracelet on today and it's tight as can be so I'll wear it.

It warmed up enough today I cranked on the AC a little while ago. It’s cooling off again soon so I’ll turn the heat back on before we go to bed tonight.

I had to dial in and fix some things this morning. It took about an hour. One of my team did something wrong that is breaking an automated query which in turn generates reports. I can’t find what it is and I’m not going to work Tuesday so maybe they’ll have to fix it themselves. Ha!

Have a great evening.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I just wanted to say I am remembering and honoring those members of the service who made the ultimate sacrifice in the service of our country. Also a big thank you to all the current and past members serving our country. Big hugs to you and your families.

We had a nice dinner last night with my sister and BIL. I took my sister my YG green sapphire bracelet and gave it to her as a present. It was in my swap shopping list but I knew my sister would love it since she has several green sapphires that color. She was going to pay me for it but since she gave me that one sapphire and has that clump of tailing from the Yogo mine, I told her it was a present.

Marty always takes a killer rabbit on a road trip and puts it on the dash; so I wrapped a teddy bear up in my sweater to take with me. I didn’t fool Marty for a minute - it’s kind of like smuggling a throw pillow out in a sweater. I set him on the console and Marty kept knocking him in to the back seat. At one point I got myself laughing so hard I couldn’t breathe. I kept kind of having the bear nod his head or tap his feet to the music and I am so bad at that I started to say “He has as much rhythm as I do” but I couldn’t get that sentence out without laughing. Marty had me put Best Buy in the map on my phone and set it as a destination so then I had the teddy bear watching the map and using his paw to point the direction Marty should turn. Marty told me I need mental help but hey I was amused. I am so easily entertained.

We had rain and small hail again today. It looks like another round of rain is coming our way right now.

I baked a roast and baked potatoes for supper. I figured since I was home today I should actually cook something for us to eat.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Curby!!!

We had a super productive day at the boathouse yesterday! We cleaned up a TON of stuff and put the leaves in the dining room table (it's big for in there -- 8' long) but really we're not doing anything with that space so why not let it be that long? It looks pretty impressive! And that way there will be plenty of room for chairs and people to move around. Speaking of chairs... I'm just at a loss... I can't find any that I LOVE so I'm tempted to just get some that I LIKE... But even that is turning into a challenge. I also made a decision on the curtains, so now I need to find a place to get the one I chose hemmed. There is an upholstery place downtown and I think I'll call and see if they have any recommendations. And I ordered a different sheer because the ones I got are only 25" wide so I need four of them to go across the sliding glass door and that really bugs me so I found one on Overstock that is 100 wide. Fingers crossed that works out!

I've also made the decision I NEED to get some internet out there. The shared wifi is an absolute joke. Hopefully Comcast can come out on Saturday, which I prefer over Friday, so the CB can be there and they can talk about where to put it because I don't want some yahoo drilling random holes in the wall.

OK, this week I need to kick the productivity into high gear. My annual compliance review ain't gonna itself, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Dee Jay, thank you for the birthday wishes. I feel like it was a nice B-Day. I slept in, goofed off, didn't have to deal with my employees and Marty is taking me to supper soon. Sweet.
Bonus - I tweaked the clasp on my bracelet some more and it actually snapped in place all the way today - it works hard but it won't fall off and that is what matters, right?
Nice you got so much done setting up the boat house. Good luck finding some chairs. We picked up some of the leather (probably faux leather) chairs at Pier 1 for the man cave. The chairs for the poker table are all brown but for the stools for the bar and a bench we got assorted colors.
Don't you hate that when you find the perfect curtain and it isn't the right size. We bought curtains for our new house while it was being built every pay day when they were on sale. We "believed" what it said on the back of the packages how many panels you need so we were way short on curtains. We replaced a few of them anyway and since we bought quite a few alike we just doubled them up and got more drapes.
I totally agree I'd want internet there. I am lost without my smart toys. Smart phones and iPads mean you never lack for something to do.
Good luck with your annual compliance review.

After we ate lunch we went to the mall so look for a new band for Marty's Apple watch; it's getting nasty from working out with it on all the time. We found a platinum looking bracelet like band (is that what they call them?) and I picked up a jar of jewelry cleaner. I usually mix up filtered water and Windex but it's been looking cloudy so I picked up some Blitz cleaner. One jewelry store wanted to charge me $10 for one and I said no way. Penny's had the little jar for $5.25. I need to get to Bed, Bath and Beyond to get the pink stuff you mix up.

I got my June newsletter done today so at least i was somewhat productive.

I don't know if you remember or not buy we went back to our original company 90 days ago - but we still login to our former company's domain. I guess someone should have told us your passwords expire in 90 days because everyone was locked out of their email today. :lol: It's really messing up my phone and iPads but I'm not calling in to work to get it fixed. I'll do that on the clock tomorrow. The plus side of that is I couldn't check my email at all today. Score!

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, LOL on not being able to log in. Serves them right!

Last night the I worked until about 6, did some (more!) laundry, and FINALLY ordered some dining room chairs off the magic internet. No idea what these things will be like for real, but I have a back-up plan at Pier1 if need be... I've got to run downstairs and meet a client in a few minutes to get him to initial a change to a contract. And of course the inspection is now set for Saturday morning, the most inconvenient possible time given that I was trying to get all the Ikea stuff purchased and taken to New Buffalo that day. Ugh.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I thought of just staying home today and when someone finally texts me to see if I am coming to work I could just please innocence and say I thought they fired me. :lol: I'm always thinking and scheming. :D

I hope the chairs you ordered off the magic internet are perfect for the boat house. Darn that your Saturday plans are altered now by an inspection. Can you still go after the inspection?

My 4 days off drastically altered my sleeping habits so I couldn't fall asleep last night but woke up way too early watching the clock for the last hour or so. That made for a long day. A friend took me out for lunch. That was a nice break from work. I am meeting another friend tomorrow for lunch and she's buying; I am living the high life this week.

Have a great evening. It's close to Friday already.
Curby :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, sometimes my ID doesn't work on the turnstiles downstairs to get into our elevator bank, and I always think maybe they fired me too, ha ha.

Last night the CB and I went over all the stuff I need to get at Ikea. The plan is for me to go there early and get it all selected, paid for and loaded onto a pallet, and then the CB can rent a large van and meet me there. On Saturday morning when I'm at my inspection he's going to go over to the boathouse and the guy who has been helping him there will meet him and then can unload the van together and hopefully put together some of the cabinetry. I would LOVE for them to put up the dining room mirror too, but he will probably (wisely) say he doesn't want to do that without me there. It's definitely a two person job and by two person I mean Two People, Not One Of Which Is Dee! The mirror is 30" high and 78" long and I'm sure it's heavy and unwieldy so I'm not the right person to be slinging that thing around. I'll certainly be interested in seeing their progress when I get there after the inspection!

Sunday I'm taking a buyer out for the second time to see some houses. She and I have very similar taste so it's really fun to do that with her because I enjoy the spaces too. I also just got a line on an awesome house that is coming back on the market today so I want to add that to the line-up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I always say when my bag doesn't work I am going to be skipping all the way to my car - until I don't get that pay check. I was telling my boss and his employees today if I win the lottery I'm coming in to get my bears then I'm out of there. They all said they'd be holding my bears hostage when I get there.

Sounds like you have Saturday planned out very carefully. Good idea. I also vote that you not be one of the two people trying to hang that mirror. I couldn't believe how heavy this huge TV was. No way could hold that sucker enough to help Marty mount it; which is why it's on a pedestal not mounted. Ha! I hope CB and the guy who has been helping him get everything done by the time you get there.

Have fun seeing some awesome houses.

Tomorrow is Friday already. Sweet. One more day! I like short work weeks. We are slow enough this time of year it's not hard to catch up after missing a few days.

I swear I am planting my flowers this weekend. I won't go get them and put them in my car so Marty has to take me in the pickup. I know I have the back of the SUV but I just don't want to put muddy, wet plants back there. Strange, I know.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday kids!

Curby, are you SURE you want to plant flowers yet? I mean, you're about due for another blizzard, aren't you?!

I woke up about 6:30 this morning and I've been making a plan for the day that includes cleaning up the house a bit before I head off to Ikea. I"m sorely tempted to buy that book by the Japanese woman about the art of being tidy (or something like that) but with my luck OCD would kick in and and I'd go so far in the other direction that I'd drive myself crazy. For now I'll settle for a bed that's made and a kitchen counter that I can actually see under all the clutter!

The CB took my credit card to Menards last weekend because there was some things to be returned... and he lost it. I was hoping the replacement would come by yesterday because I would like to get United miles for the big purchase I'm making today, but no dice. Oh well, American miles it is!

OK, up and at 'em!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I did plant flowers - I won't bet money on no more snow or another freeze. Then of course there is that pesky other white stuff that falls from the sky - hail. Oh well, It's a done deal now.

How did your trip to IKEA go? I am with you, i don't know I want to worry about being more tidy; I am already kind of OCD about dirt and mess anyway but the other person living here isn't that picky.

Oh no that CB lost your credit card.

After Marty was done with golf today we went and bought the flowers to put in our flower pots. I had pulled last year's dead plants this morning so that was done already. Marty got the drip system going for the pots and will set the timer in the morning. He's going to be gone for 2 weeks so he has a few things he needs to get done before golf tomorrow.

We went out to supper tonight at a quaint little steak house north of town. Both of us ordered the 1 1/2 pound T-bone steak. Marty ate all of his; I brought the right side home. We split their signature dessert called "Bear Balls" a vanilla ice cream ball rolled in crushed Oreos. Marty enjoyed the drive since he got to speed a lot on the way there and back.

We rented "The Great Wall" tonight. It was okay.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I hope you are having a blast at the beach house this weekend.

I've decided I don't need to become any more OCD. Marty isn't even to the airport yet and i got everything done today (I started while he was playing golf) that I was going to do the 2 weeks that he is gone. I have a batch of laundry going now with the clothes he's been stacking up on the dresser and in our closet. I'll take care of the one I think still fit him and add the others neatly to his stack in the closet. No shoes on the floor, no crumbs on the clean table cloth and I miss him already.

I am meeting a girl friend for supper shortly. She's buying so look out; I'll try one each. :lol:

I wrote 3 letters today and took care of some other assorted things to mail and safely navigated the obstacle course at the post office. The guy behind me was probably saying WTH is she doing? I was going very slow but hey no curbs were hurt on my outing.

Have a great evening. Tomorrow is back to the salt mines day.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday Kids!

Curby, congrats for making it through the obstacle course at the post office without damage! I parallel parked in a tight spot yesterday and did a little wheel scraping myself... ugh.

This was a super productive weekend!

On Friday I got everything done at Ikea and even had half an hour to spare before the CB showed up with the van to pick it all up. On Saturday morning he headed to the boathouse early and I went to the inspection at my listing. By the time I got to the boathouse the cabinets were up and the doors were on! We put the drawers and shelves together and installed those too and everything looks GREAT -- even better than I had thought it would! The kitchen cabinets are all there (albeit in their boxes from Ikea) and I'm hoping to get the carpenter lined up for Saturday to help the CB start working on those.

Sunday I headed back early to pick a client up at noon and we went to see six houses and ruled out five more by virtue of drive-by. Then we went to dinner with some friends at a restaurant we haven't been to in ages and it was really good.

The CB's sister and brother in law made an offer on a house (that was accepted) in the same town in Michigan that the boathouse is in. It's only a few blocks away from my place, and I didn't get there in time to walk through it with them on Saturday, but from what I can tell of the pics and from walking by it's a lovely little place. I'm not their agent on the deal because I don't have a Michigan license, and so far I have been UNimpressed with the agent they are using, but hopefully their deal will be smooth and easy.

Here were are at Monday again already... How did that happen?!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, Darn it that you did a little wheel damage when you parked. I'm so glad to know I'm not the only Curby in the world of course I did earn that nickname.

Woo hoo for a super productive weekend. That's great you got the cabinets, drawers and shelves installed. We liked a lot of the cabinets at IKEA; we picked up our knobs there. That's great CB's sister and BIL will be nearby the boathouse. I hope their agent is at least better than the one we had.

I know - Monday rolled around way too early. I sure didn't want to be at work today. I met some friends and their kids for lunch at DQ today. We weren't the only people who had that idea. I wisely decided to park across the street because most of their parking gets blocked by people in the drive up lane. One of my friends said she didn't get out of there for about 5 minutes. We sat out in the Sun. It was really nice but I think the part in my hair got sunburned.

I had strawberries and leftover steak for supper. I am already really bored with Marty out of town. Maybe I'll go jewelry swapping again this weekend. Ha!

Here are some of my flowers. The pots aren't full yet since they just got planted but I got some macro shots today.

Take care.
Curby
2017Flowers.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, your flowers look great! You'll have to post pics as the season goes on and they go into full bloom!

Last night the CB picked me up and we went to Pier1 to return... um... $459 worth of throw pillows... So what happened is... I went to a Pier1 and they only had a few of the pillows I wanted to see for the boathouse so the lady said why don't you just order them all online. So I did. All 16 of them. I had no idea what that really meant! The box was so big it took both me and the CB to haul it around, LOL. Needless to say the lady at the store was Not Happy last night. Sorry!

Today I got up a bit early and left the house about 30 mins before I normally do. I learned that the shadows being cast by the buildings even that little bit early make the walk a lot more pleasant on a super sunny day so I'm going to try to do that from now on. Of course the sun will move at the season goes on, but I'll give it a shot.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, thanks! My flowers look smashed down tonight; we had lots of rain this afternoon. They will pop back up tomorrow. I'll definitely take more pictures when they fill out.

I bet 16 pillows do take up a lot of room. I have more pillows here (sleeping and throw) than I know what to do with. I need to rotate out the ones we have in the living room. That would be interesitng to see if Marty notices I changed them.

Yay for dodging a lot of the sun this morning on your way to work. It's finally up high enough on my drive in the morning that I don't get nailed in the face. The visor in the Macan is small so it doesn't even help me since I am so short.

I had a busy day at work but don't feel like I accomplished much. I met a girl friend for supper and we visited for a few hours. She and her family just ran a relay marathon this weekend with 4 generations. Her 89 year old mom did 3 miles and a 9 year old great niece ran about 5 miles, my friend ran 8 miles and then her sister and niece each ran 5 miles. Very cool.

I ate too much but I haven't had part of a molten lava cake for probably 5 years. It was delicious.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, the 89 year old did 3 miles... ? What happened to that emoti we used to have with the eye tic? Must...go...back...to...gym...

Last night I the CB picked me up and traffic was HORRIBLE. It took us FOREVER to get home and he certainly didn't feel like cooking so we just went to a local Chinese place for dinner. It is also BYOB -- score! We then went home and read for a while and went to bed early. All my plans of cleaning up the house went right out the window as soon as the sofa started calling my name... Today at lunch I need to return a bunch of things to Macy's and H&M. At least I will get out and take a walk that way!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, yes the 89 year old did 3 miles. She wasn't very fast but she did it. My friend said she isn't on any medication either. Very cool for her.

Rats for bad traffic last night. I am sure our local traffic would be nothing for you and CB. It takes me about 18 minutes to get home and I think there is a lot of traffic then. You don't see many BYOB places anymore.

I screwed myself over today. Our local paper has an annual electronic subscription that is about $100. They don't send you a bill or notify you so you just get cut off. So today I called them to tie my subscription with my online account together and I asked when my renewal was due and apparently my account was marked as unlimited. If I hadn't asked no one probably would have ever noticed. Phooey! She changed my expiration date to July 31st. I'd feel bad no paying though so I guess that's fine.

I had a weird supper. Some chips and salsa, an English muffin with PB and a dish of slow churned ice cream. I am thawing out a bowl of soup for tomorrow night. I am bored with going out and can't think of something to eat at home.

Have a great evening.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Curby, it often takes 18 minutes for the CB to drive me home and I live 1.4 miles from the office!

Last night I shopped my way home. By the time I got to Macy's I was tired and made the mistake of not trying some pants on carefully. I got to the point of yeah, they fit, but when I got home and looked at them in the bit mirror I was like, well, they do *fit* but they aren't doing me any favors! So back they will go. This morning I took the boathouse curtains to the tailor and she was a real pain in my a$$ about the length to which they should be hemmed so now I have to take them BACK to the boathouse, hang them up AGAIN, and tell her how much to take off rather than what length I want them. It sure that sounds like the same thing, but trust me, this is going to require a second go 'round. Ugh.

Tonight I'm taking a client to see something for a second time. Would LOVE to get her under contract!

Tomorrow I'll head over to MI so I can meet the shower glass guy at noon and then I hope to make a trip to the nearby mall but depending on the time at that point I might skip it. I really do have a long list of stuff though that needs to be returned/exchanged/bought so it would behoove me to get my butt in gear and do it!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I think my 18 minutes is 7 miles. The last few miles has very little traffic and a higher speed limit. Woo hoo!!

I hate that when I get something home then decide I really didn't like it that much. I need to get some new tops; anything with a round or V neck is too big on me and my bra shows. Not a bad thing that i need smaller clothes but I don't feel like I want to afford it. Luckily work is chilly so I wear long sleeve t-shirts under things and that works.

I kind of get that lady insisting you take your drapes back and see how much should be cut off but what a PITA for sure. It's not like an inch or two on drapes is that huge of a deal.

I hope you get your client under contract.

I am including a T-Rex hanging drapes joke. It resembles reality for me. When we first moved in here Marty didn't get the drapes hung in the back bedroom. I moved over there to sleep one night (coughing, snoring or something like that made me decide to relocate). I am laying there trying to fall asleep and a full moon was glaring in my face so I get up, find that blue construction tape and decide to tape the drapes up on the windows to block the moon light. This joke pretty much shows about where I hung them too. I get back in bed and yep the moon was still right in my face.

th.jpg

Take care.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The strawberry moon turning the clouds pink :lol:

IMG_4406.JPG

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I am so excited the weekend is here - not because I have any plans but because I don't have to go in to work for 2 days. Notice how I carefully didn't say I won't have to work for 2 days. Jinx.

Poor Marty is sick today; sounds like he has the flu. He's been sheltered from the germs of the world for a few years.

I cut off dead flowers tonight. I think the plants all look pretty good.

Tomorrow is cleaning day so I'll go run errands after she gets here. I need some groceries and I should run my car through a car wash. I think I'll go to breakfast too.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I had a short night. I couldn’t fall asleep last night and had to get up by 7 since the cleaning lady was coming at 8. After she got here I went and ate breakfast, got my car washed, safely navigated the treacherous drive through at the post office and picked up groceries. After the cleaning lady left I went to Outback for lunch. I was planning on bringing home 1/2 of my steak for sandwiches but it was smaller than expected so I ate the entire steak. I had popcorn for supper.

I kind of freaked out because I thought I broke the side mirrors on my car. I went to a car wash and turned my car off while the wash was going and when I pulled out of there the side mirrors were both folded in. I kind of heard something as the big old brushes were going by but didn’t know what it was. I went and found an open parking lot and got out my owners manual and found how to put them back in place. Everything worked after that. Then coming home from lunch I hit a bad bump in the road; I decided I’d best stay home before I hurt my car.

Have a great Sunday.
Curby

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

I’d say today was like the old Sunday’s around here. I slept in and made homemade goodies. While Marty’s away the Carbs and Sugars come out to Play. Ha Ha. I made lasagna and CC cookies.

I was totally going to make a smaller batch of lasagna and use the crock pot but then looked inside my crock pot and decided the noodles would only fit down the middle. Then I contemplated using smaller pans for a smaller batch but what a PITA to try and break off noodles to the correct length. So I just went for the basic 3 row, 3 deep lasagna noodle batch and will probably get sick of it before my leftovers are gone. It sure tasted great today. Then I made some CC cookies to take in to work tomorrow. It’s a banana for supper today (and maybe another cookie or two).

Marty still doesn’t feel that great. Sadly he wasn’t the person who bought the winning Power Ball ticket at a liquor store in LA. Darn. I was sure hoping.

Tomorrow they are predicting really severe storms in the area. Maybe I’ll get the hail flu. Hm. You never know.

Have a great evening. Tomorrow morning it is back to the salt mines for me.
Curby
IMG_2138.jpg
IMG_2137.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are the Fleur to Jour
Flrdujour.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Curby, your flowers are fillings out beautifully! And those cookies... :lickout: Sorry to hear you guys didn't win the Power Ball. The CB bought a ticket but sadly we aren't retiring today either...

On Friday I went over to the boathouse and met the shower glass guy. The CB got there a few hours later and we went out for a late lunch/early dinner. Saturday he put up all the upper cabinets for the kitchen -- they look GREAT -- and then we went to the Italian restaurant at the end of the complex for dinner. We also put up the mirror that I got to go above the dining room table. I had it my head it was going to reflect the harbor so we would have a "view" but in reality it just reflects straight across into the living room. There's nothing interesting to look at right now since I can't hang any artwork above the couch until the kitchen is done and we position all the furniture permanently. I was a little disappointed in that, but it does make sense. I may end up replacing that mirror with something else when all is said and done. The good news is it came from Ikea and was only $129 so I'm not out a lot of money. I also don't love the dining room chairs, but I'm not going to worry about those at this point either.

Yesterday I came back early to write a contract and now the buyer is being piddly over a couple thousand dollars. I told her all along it was going to sell for very close to asking, but what I said and what she wanted to believe are not matching up. We'll see what happens with that...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, well rats neither of us won PB - I had most of that money spent already.

More progress at the boat house. Sweet. It sounds like it is really coming along for you.

I hope the contract goes through, darn that the buyer is being piddly over a few thousand dollars. In the scheme of things it's probably a small percentage. Good luck with that.

I had an eventful evening. We had 2 to 4 inch hail and tornadoes very nearby. I drove home in small hail and got home before the big stones starting hitting. I thought the windows on the west side of the house were going to break. The roof was really taking a beating. They had quite a few tornadoes touch down north and east of us. I finally decided to cook supper once I could see sunshine to the west. I hated to start anything incase I had to head to the basement.

Marty still feels pretty bad. He picked up NyQuil yesterday and he said it kept him awake instead of making him sleepy. Today he picked up one of the things like Tylenol PM. I guess some of the guys he is working with has been sick too. He still went and did his heavy workout tonight. I tried to talk him out of it but I got the “well nobody said this would be easy and I would lose ground if I don’t follow my routine” - you know mansplaining stuff. Glad I’m not stubborn like he is. Ha Ha.

Take care. Have a great evening.
Curby
Here are some pictures of our hail stones and the tornado picture was from the local news
Hail.jpg hailstone.jpg Screen Shot 2017-06-12 at 6.35.01 PM.png hailstone.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Holy shitoly Curby! That's some crazy hail! And I am SO SO SO glad (as are YOU, I"m sure!) that you and your car weren't out in the big stuff! When I was in Kansas City they gave me two parking options, once was outside and one was inside. The inside one was A LOT more, and of course I asked why it was that much more. The HR lady just looked at me and said Ice Storms. I was like, uh, OK. Keep in mind it was July when I was having this conversation. I did take the indoor option but didn't really get what a big deal the storms were until one hit... about a month later! Weather is just bizarre sometimes.

Last night I did some laundry and comped out a unit for an appraisal on one of my listings. I also put self tanner on my legs and didn't wait long enough to go to bed so this morning I had to put the sheets in the washer. I hope the stuff comes out because I like those sheets...

We're having pizza for lunch. As you can tell, my diet--started yesterday--is going swimmingly, ha ha!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I was very relieved to get my car in the garage before it got pounded with hail. Sounds like the HR lady in KC quickly realized you weren't from around the area. That area gets very similar weather with probably more tornadoes. When i see someone carrying an umbrella here I always ask "you aren't from here are you?" They are amazed I know that - you don't use an umbrella more than once in our thunder storms. You either become Mary Poppins or have that sucker thrown in your face and nearly poke out your eyes.

Darn that you got tanning lotion on your sheets. It just gives them a warm look, right? I hope it comes out.

You did better than me for lunch - I didn't take anything with me since I was planning on taking a lady from corporate out to lunch. She decided to work through lunch and head back to Denver at 2 so I had some cookies and a Coke for lunch. I stopped and had some chicken nuggets for supper. I figure I'll be back on protein and veggies in 2 more days.

I was amused by this at the fast food restaurant tonight - I'm about 10 feet from the kids room and a guy further from me actually yells at his daughter in there to quit screaming. One of those things where I want to say - I wonder where she got that idea from?

I spent about 1/2 of my day at work showing a lady from corporate around. It was kind of fun meeting her in person since I deal with her quite a bit.

No hail, rain or tornadoes in our forecast today. Woo hoo!
Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, I used to work with a bunch of people from G*ldman S*achs that I'd spend hours and hours with on the phone but wouldn't meet in person until months or years into our interaction. When they would meet me in person they almost universally said I was "bigger over the phone," ha ha.

Last night the house deal for my client finally came together... at 10:45... ! This morning I woke up at 5 before the CB had even left the house, and I thought for one brief moment about actually getting up, but then I went back to sleep until around 7.

Tonight my assistant and her husband are coming to dinner with us at the Italian restaurant at the end of our block. Tomorrow I'm doing a virtual tour for a new listings and then I'll go and spend some time with the cow bag lady. Her (real) accountant is supposed to be sending me over some info but I haven't seen it yet even though I've been asking for it for weeks. Needless to say I am Not Impressed. I also got an email this morning that some sheers I had ordered in (hopefully) the right size are back ordered for at least a month. Ugh. I may end up getting these other ones hemmed after all...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results