carat
color
clarity

#TBT My first trilogy! By Alistair Kelsey

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Past Present and Future

A while ago I saw a beautiful zircon from Chris Auletta. I love the sparkle and cut of his carefully selected zircons. So I decided to order it and wanted to use it for a peacock ring by a US vendor.

Long story short: things did not work out as planned and decided to have it sent to Alistair Kelsey in Australia who already made some beautiful rings for me. We quickly decided on a trilogy design and I loved the result in his pictures.

Today I finally picked up the ring and it is stunning! I love the flow and detailing, the high quality it radiates and the bright colored center stone. Thank you Chris and Alistair! And a special thank you for my PS friends Arkieb, Niel, dk and mochiko for their moral support.

IMG_0024.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! Love the color.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful @Acinom and I love the color on the zircon!!! Such a wonderful addition to your already swoon worthy collection!! :love::appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, this is gorgeous. How can something naturally occurring be that color??? The setting...WOW. SWOOOOOOP..... And those prongs... :love::love::love:

Acinom, I have a favor to ask. Would you mind resurrecting your thread with the tri-wire that Victor made for you with more pictures, if convenient? I wanted to ask for more side views and underside, basket and shank pictures. Does the tri-wire feel comfortable to you? Does it push against the neighboring fingers? Does it spin? You know how long I've loved your tri-wire and I'm trying to make some decisions... If it's not convenient, that's totally ok. Thank you! :wavey:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you acaw. It's a mesmerizing colour. It's hard to catch it with my iPhone camera in the way I see it in real life.

That's a huge compliment. Thank you ac.

Thanks for your kind words LLJsmom! Alistair's detailing is impeccable.
Tomorrow during the day I will make and post the pics you requested of the tri-wire made by Victor. The ring is very very comfortable, even despite the large size of the center stone. It does not even spin.

Some more photo's I made today:

IMG_1936.JPG

IMG_1937.JPG

IMG_1938.JPG

IMG_1939.JPG

IMG_1940.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am all over that color....crazy WOW!:love::appl::love:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now that you've dabbled in three stones I think you need a million more! This is of course beautiful!

Crystal_Dreams

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is STUNNING! I was going to ask Alistair to put my OEC in a 3 stone but ended up not going through with it... You are seriously making me reconsider! Though it's just delicious with a coloured stone centre- what a perfect combination!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for you kind words:wavey:
Canuk-gal: I feel so lucky that I could buy some amazing stones from Chris and this one does not disappoint! I love all the stones I have bought from him.

Niel: whahaha... you are such an enabler. As you know I am on a huge ban. Although I felt soo tempted when I visited a jeweler today saw a large silver labradorite ring.... Which I bought, but that's another story!

Chrystal Dreams: I can truly recommend working with Alistair. He makes the beautiful rings with his own hands. He is such a talented guy and he is super pleasant to work with.

Details of the center stone:
Greenish blue zircon
Sourced by Chris Auletta and recut by Dan Stair (via Chris)
4.59ct, 8.99x7.69mm (depth now 6.7mm)

Chris did sent several photo's and based on these I had a good feeling on what the stone would look like.
First pic from Greenlake who were going to put my stone in a beautiful peacock setting. But due to some events, I decided against that.
Second: one of Chris' pics (he also sent me a video)
Third: the FB pic that triggered me
Fourth: the pic by Dan Stair after he had cut the stone.

IMG_1946.JPG

IMG_1948.JPG

IMG_1949.JPG

IMG_1950.JPG

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And one more, showcasing Alistair's beautiful trilogy design with pave on the shank:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That zircon looks like a pool of water I'd love to jump into! The three stone setting is just beautiful and that blue with those diamonds - wow!! Simply stunning!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this ring sooooo much. The proportions are just right. Is it comfortable to wear even with the pave sides?

JDDN

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhh....just stunningly beautiful. It looks amazing in a trilogy and Alistair did a gorgeous job as usual. I would love to have one of his designs one day :). Congratulations on another beauty!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay, glad you finally got it, really wonderful example of a beautifully proportioned 3 stone!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
love love love!!!!! This is incredibly gorgeous.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful color!!! Your ring turned out fantastic!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oww, thank you missgotrocks, mochiko, JDDN, Arkieb, lovedogs and poshmommy!!!:wavey:

I am wondering why I did not opt for a trilogy ring earlier. I love the classic look.

Mochiko: the ring is super comfortable to wear. The pave is very very smooth. It wears like a plain shank.

Some pics I made yesterday in one of my favourite lunch spots. The lighting is awful though! I played with a set of three RG rings from Alistair that was also in the package:dance:

IMG_1891.JPG

IMG_1892.JPG

IMG_1900.JPG

IMG_1901.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! The colour is just so deep & beautiful! The ring design is lovely & it looks great on your hand! But you must surely have too many beautiful jewels by now. There's plenty of space in my jewel box :twisted:

Reactions: prs

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom, you have the most incredible eye, taste, and collection! I am constantly floored by each new ring you acquire. I must say, I'm sometimes afraid to click on your posts.... because I know serious envy is sure to follow! :lol-2: I love the subtle variations of color I am seeing in your photos of this stone, and Alistair's artistry makes the perfect home for it!

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a great ring! The zircon is such a beautiful blue!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, Acinom!:love: I love three stone rings and that is one of the things remaining on my wishlist! What size are the side stones?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love everything about this ring.........the stone.......the setting.......perfection!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Acinmom. I love the colors that is changes to. Love the brightness and the almost glowing effect.
Just beautiful. I own more Zircons than I care to admit.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*SWOON*

Absolutely stunning Acinom!!! :love::love::love: This ring is such a winner, in every way…stone, setting, design, execution…pure perfection! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you all for your kind words. I love these PS homecoming parties

Oh wow! The colour is just so deep & beautiful! The ring design is lovely & it looks great on your hand! But you must surely have too many beautiful jewels by now. There's plenty of space in my jewel box :twisted:
Thank you Alex T!! All credits go to Alistair naturally. I indeed now collected a good collection so it's good my ban is starting now, haha.

Acinom, you have the most incredible eye, taste, and collection! I am constantly floored by each new ring you acquire. I must say, I'm sometimes afraid to click on your posts.... because I know serious envy is sure to follow! :lol-2: I love the subtle variations of color I am seeing in your photos of this stone, and Alistair's artistry makes the perfect home for it!
Wow, thank you rainydaze. That's a huge compliment. I am so grateful to finally wear it on my finger.

What a great ring! The zircon is such a beautiful blue!
Thank you Aline! The colour is so mesmerizing in real life and I am so glad I have chosen this design.

Beautiful, Acinom!:love: I love three stone rings and that is one of the things remaining on my wishlist! What size are the side stones?
Thank you ds!!! I actually completely forgot the dimensions of the sidestones. I will look it up or ask Alistair. He suffested these stones for my zircon.

I love everything about this ring.........the stone.......the setting.......perfection!
Thanks Catmom!

Acinmom. I love the colors that is changes to. Love the brightness and the almost glowing effect.
Just beautiful. I own more Zircons than I care to admit.
Zircons are so mesmerizing, aren't they? Have you set all your zircons?

*SWOON*

Absolutely stunning Acinom!!! :love::love::love: This ring is such a winner, in every way…stone, setting, design, execution…pure perfection! :appl:
Thank you Junebug! This is so kind of you. AK did an amazing job with this ring.

IMG_1957.JPG

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
There can be something so complementary to the finger of a trilogy and I love the brightness that the larger side diamonds bring to that gorgeous zircon.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There can be something so complementary to the finger of a trilogy and I love the brightness that the larger side diamonds bring to that gorgeous zircon.
Thank you Polished! Alistair used beautiful stones as sidestones and for the pave.

IMG_1967.JPG

IMG_1970.JPG

IMG_1971.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results