shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I am wearing Hermès Eau de Rhubarbe Écarlate Eau de Cologne. It smells like fresh rhubarb when it first goes on. I love it.

i wore this again today. (I am really falling in love with it.) I was told how good I smelled, which is unusual! I originally found this in the men's department at Neiman Marcus, but I am claiming it for my scent!
Deb :wavey:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in Jo Malone Mimosa and Cardamom. Delicate and spring like... another favourite for the still cool, but sunny days in April.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I agree that Hermes did a fantastic job with this rhurbarb. I LOVE rhubarb and cranberries in perfumes. the only issue is that it just doesn't last long enough for me. Maybe because its florida and its a cologne (maybe both???). I got a sample at the Hermes boutique here and went through the darn thing in a day's time. Hate to think how fast I would go through a bottle...lol

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, I agree that Hermes did a fantastic job with this rhurbarb. I LOVE rhubarb and cranberries in perfumes. the only issue is that it just doesn't last long enough for me. Maybe because its florida and its a cologne (maybe both???). I got a sample at the Hermes boutique here and went through the darn thing in a day's time. Hate to think how fast I would go through a bottle...lol[

Did you ever try Burberry Brit Red Eau de Parfum?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever try Burberry Brit Red Eau de Parfum?
I did, and out of the bottle it smells great. It would be acceptable if I didn't hate their base. Every flanker they have has that very distinctive minty smell of the origional that I dont care for on my skin. Its like ABC gum or mouthwash. (eewww...lol)

Comme des gGarcons had a series called sherbert. And Rhubarb was a favorite even though I'm not traditionally a gourmie type...Discontinued :(

And Aedes de Venustas flagship perfume has a very strong rhubarb note but the treatment in this fume is more like a vegetable than a fruit. I'm trying to get my nose on it again because it has tomato leaf (and hazel nuts, go figure) and frankly I don't remember why I rejected this.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Chanel Une Fleur de Chanel. Apparently only limited edition...but why??? its really really gorgeous. Def. Chanel, which I think their perfume base just suits me. I would totally buy a gallon of this one:kiss: My perfume trading partner sent this amongst the many many samples of things I've never even heard of...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is a sample of Fendi Fan di Fendi eau Fraiche. Discontinued by LVMH in 2015 (all of them were totally discontinued then) I admittedly like this better than the original fan di fendi. This one is more based of FdF extreme though the leather is not as harsh (or as artificial, thankfully) Its a beautiful bergamont tea/leather fume with a splash of citrus, though a bit light (its an edt after all) might be worthy of springing for a full bottle as its really a great hot weather perfume. Fragrancenet has the larger bottles for extremely cheap...

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Arcadian-

You said about whether you had tried Burberry Brit Red Eau de Parfum:

I did, and out of the bottle it smells great. It would be acceptable if I didn't hate their base. Every flanker they have has that very distinctive minty smell of the origional that I dont care for on my skin. Its like ABC gum or mouthwash. (eewww...lol)

Comme des gGarcons had a series called sherbert. And Rhubarb was a favorite even though I'm not traditionally a gourmie type...Discontinued :(

One can still buy Rhubarb in the Sherbet series by Comme des Garcons. I did buy it, in fact, but have not, yet, sampled it. Today I tried Burberry Brit (Red) EDP, which has been discontinued.

I actually smell the rhubarb in the Burberry Brit Red, which I like. But I don't smell it as strongly as in the Rhubarbe Écarlate. That is by far my favorite!

If you need a link, luckyscent has the Rhubarb in the Sherbet series for sale...http://www.luckyscent.com/product/2...=google-base&gclid=CNq87czbzNMCFdGEswodijwHUw

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Arcadian-

You said about whether you had tried Burberry Brit Red Eau de Parfum:

One can still buy Rhubarb in the Sherbet series by Comme des Garcons. I did buy it, in fact, but have not, yet, sampled it. Today I tried Burberry Brit (Red) EDP, which has been discontinued.

I actually smell the rhubarb in the Burberry Brit Red, which I like. But I don't smell it as strongly as in the Rhubarbe Écarlate. That is by far my favorite!

If you need a link, luckyscent has the Rhubarb in the Sherbet series for sale...http://www.luckyscent.com/product/2...=google-base&gclid=CNq87czbzNMCFdGEswodijwHUw

Deb, thanks friend! (or should I call you enabler...lol :razz:) I was on another forum that said that it had been discontinued, which so bummed me out even though I very weirdly don't like to smell like food. This one is straight up food...lol

I'm also in the process of looking for a lily perfume for this weather down here. I love liles, and saddest to me is that I can't grow the varieties I once grew in Massachusetts down here :cry: I adore Serge Lutens Lys, but can only be found in the bell jar. Bell Jars are lovely but I admit, I'm not in love with them (such a pain in the arse to get the perfume out!)

Le Labo is big and beautiful, but a bit too dirty. I might have to bite the bullet for the bell jar...

I also have to go through and rid myself of some perfumes because they really aren't wearable down here. That makes me pretty sad considering one of my winter favorites will likely go bye bye.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, thanks friend! (or should I call you enabler...lol :razz:)

No! No! Please call me friend! I need a friend!!! And what could make a better bond than rhubarb?

Hugs,

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@deb, you're always a friend :kiss:

Today I'm wearing my favorite cheapy, Alfred Sung Shi. It didn't used to be so cheap but of course over time it just kinda did.

Very humid today and its made for this type of weather. I consider it more watery than aquatic. (though it can be excessively strong if one isn't careful!)

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Arcadian (my friend)! Congratulations on making the 1,000th post in this thread. Since you have been carrying this thread for a while now, it is fitting that you made it. I hope you enjoy the Alfred Sung Shi today. I have never sampled it, but it is even warm in Connecticut today. Maybe some day I'll get to smell it!

Cheers!
Deb

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Deb, by the numbers it looks like you're number 1000. Amazing this thread is running so long. Today I'm wearing Kilian's Moonlight in Heaven I like it, I think. The vetiver sometimes dosen't agree. A few times today I wondered why I smelled cigarette smoke! lol if the other half wasn't so scared of wearing fruity perfumes I'd try it on him. I think its the perfect unisex scent.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my vintage Misha tonight, one my all time favorites from high school. Anyone else here ever tried it? It smells boozy and a little sweet and woody to me. Really takes me
back . . .

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing my vintage Misha tonight, one my all time favorites from high school. Anyone else here ever tried it? It smells boozy and a little sweet and woody to me. Really takes me
back . . .
I sadly don't remember it much beyond the name as Baryshnikov was my favorite male ballet dancer (did get to see him perform which I treasure!). Prices on "the bay" are ridiculous though. I would totally be up to getting a small decant of it if the prices...gahhhh!!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never participated in this thread because I stopped wearing perfume for a number of years...but I have begun again! I don't and probably will never spend a lot on perfume, but there are several I love and I'd like to eventually build up a perfume wardrobe of 10-12. From what I've read here it can become a bit of an addiction, though!

Today I'm wearing Escada Island Kiss. I don't remember when I started wearing it, but I think it was in the early 2000s. "Orange, Passion Flower, Mango, Magnolia, Sunny Accord, White Peach, Hibiscus, Blond Woods, Musky Notes, Red Fruits." It's raining and chilly today but I'm wearing madras and chinos and this perfume makes me think of warm summer nights or days at the beach, and it goes perfectly with my beloved shea body butter which smells faintly of coconut, kind of like suntan lotion.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've never participated in this thread because I stopped wearing perfume for a number of years...but I have begun again! I don't and probably will never spend a lot on perfume, but there are several I love and I'd like to eventually build up a perfume wardrobe of 10-12. From what I've read here it can become a bit of an addiction, though!

Today I'm wearing Escada Island Kiss. I don't remember when I started wearing it, but I think it was in the early 2000s. "Orange, Passion Flower, Mango, Magnolia, Sunny Accord, White Peach, Hibiscus, Blond Woods, Musky Notes, Red Fruits." It's raining and chilly today but I'm wearing madras and chinos and this perfume makes me think of warm summer nights or days at the beach, and it goes perfectly with my beloved shea body butter which smells faintly of coconut, kind of like suntan lotion.

I like these kinds of scents--and often buy EL's Bronze Goddess for the "season". It has no staying power but ya gotta love the draw of the fruit and coconut. Suntan lotion (Hawaiian tropical?) you bet! :)

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I don't know how Bronze Goddess has eluded me. I was a huge fan of Beautiful and Pleasures in the 90s. They must have started making it after that? Anyway, I'll be sure to test it at Macy's sometime soon. Nothing has a lot of staying power on me in the summer, so I'm not deterred by that aspect. Thanks for the rec!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to see you here, Monnie. I love your presence in any thread. I used to wear Pleasures every day for a while. I don't know why. It was between my teenage Shalimar, Moschino, etc. kick and my new trying everything kick!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
since May first have been in Annick Goutal le chevrefeuille. It's like spring in a bottle!
My new bottle (also 100 ml edt)seems to have much better staying power than last year's. yay!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I don't know how Bronze Goddess has eluded me. I was a huge fan of Beautiful and Pleasures in the 90s. They must have started making it after that? Anyway, I'll be sure to test it at Macy's sometime soon. Nothing has a lot of staying power on me in the summer, so I'm not deterred by that aspect. Thanks for the rec!

Great! Because marketing is awesome/business (lol) EL often has a "special edition" and some is oil or dry oil or sparkles...no matter it all smells GOOD! But don't drink it hehheehhehhaa

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
since May first have been in Annick Goutal le chevrefeuille. It's like spring in a bottle!
My new bottle (also 100 ml edt)seems to have much better staying power than last year's. yay!

this is the second recommendation. I must get "out" and try it........ :)

elizabethess

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The last bits of my She Shihan sample today, something about the chilly damp weather made me reach for it. I went on luckyscent this morning to order a full bottle but it's currently sold out :( So, I got a handful of new samples ease the sting, including a couple that were bookmarked based on descriptions from this thread! Amouage Sunshine, Slumberhouse Kiste.... thanks for enabling!

Update: Yay for ebay. New bottle arriving soon.

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
today I'm wearing Cartier Baiser Vole Essence de Parfum Again....lol I do indeed like this. I want a lily perfume so bad but I'm beating myself against the head. This one or possibly SL Une Lys. I really loved Une Lys but seriously, its 200 dollars more than this one, and those damn bell jars...ugh(they're gorgeous but so bad for the perfume!!)

I also ordered a few Krigler samples. they are NOT cheap so I had to choose wisely. I seriously doubt it would be a brand I would buy but, I want to see what the fuss is all about. Anyway https://www.krigler.com/ for anyone interested. I ordered 14, 15, and 132.

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sadly don't remember it much beyond the name as Baryshnikov was my favorite male ballet dancer (did get to see him perform which I treasure!). Prices on "the bay" are ridiculous though. I would totally be up to getting a small decant of it if the prices...gahhhh!!!
Arcadian, I saw him perform once too back in the day. My friends and I were a little ga-ga over him.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed to Guerlain Shalimar Initial. Why they ever discontinued this is beyond me. Yes its shalimar but dosen't turn to cat pee on me (amazing!) And I swear I smell lavender in this one. regular shalimar smells amazing but three hours in, smells like I was rolling around in a litter box....lol

The only other shalimar that dosen't go to cat pee (at least for a long while) is the limited edition ones. I have the mexian vanilla one which is really really lovely.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Changed to Guerlain Shalimar Initial. Why they ever discontinued this is beyond me. Yes its shalimar but dosen't turn to cat pee on me (amazing!) And I swear I smell lavender in this one. regular shalimar smells amazing but three hours in, smells like I was rolling around in a litter box....lol

The only other shalimar that dosen't go to cat pee (at least for a long while) is the limited edition ones. I have the mexian vanilla one which is really really lovely.

Get rid of all cat pee. Pee(d) (a)gree had it's limits. No disrespect in calling a dead man, dead..

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I used to wear these scents all the time Shalimar, Moschino, Krazy Krizia, and so forth), but that was, actually, back when I was in my twenties. And that means 40 years ago. And I wore them before my mid twenties, which means over 40 years ago. I do not think there were so many varieties of Shalimar back then. I am sure someone could research it. But I really, really doubt one could buy more than one variety easily in most stores in the united States. i mean, perhaps one could buy an eau de cologne, an eau de parfum, etc, but not different scents.

AGBF

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to wear these scents all the time Shalimar, Moschino, Krazy Krizia, and so forth), but that was, actually, back when I was in my twenties. And that means 40 years ago. And I wore them before my mid twenties, which means over 40 years ago. I do not think there were so many varieties of Shalimar back then. I am sure someone could research it. But I really, really doubt one could buy more than one variety easily in most stores in the united States. i mean, perhaps one could buy an eau de cologne, an eau de parfum, etc, but not different scents.

AGBF
Its mind blowing. Theres different bottles of shalimar too (not really flankers) but perfume is a cash chow for these houses.

This guy knows everything about the house http://www.monsieurguerlain.com/ to the point where Louis Vuitton shut him down over some silliness. He knows that house like no other.

I don't remember when they started to tinker with shalimar so much but, the last which was Souffle, wasnt what I consider all that good. Then of course flankers of flankers, which gets confusing..lol Initial had 2 flankers, which was also a flanker itself.

The Ode de la Vanille Series only lasted three years Why only three is a mystery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results