carat
color
clarity

Healthy Living Thread

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Curby, it IS a boy! I saw Baby G's arrival on my phone as I was standing in the plumbing aisle at Home Depot in the middle of Michigan. Two store employees were there with me looking over my shoulder. The CB was laughing at us so hard!

Rod, that 15 ct diamond would look great in my bellybutton!

OK, here's my catch-up...

Last Thursday I spent about four hours sitting around a vacant townhouse waiting for my buyer's window treatment vendors to come and measure. Then I went and bought a vanity for the boathouse. As I was leaving there someone pulled up beside me and, in broken English, indicated there was something wrong with my car. I thought he was indicating that it was something wrong with my passenger side tire(s) so I got out and walked around the car from the back and couldn't see anything. Instead of getting on the highway to go home I was going slowly along surface streets in case something happened and when I went over a speed bump there was this horrible noise so I immediately pulled over and this time I walked around the front of the car. There was some giant piece of plastic hanging down under the bumper. I JUST had $1631 worth of work done to the car two weeks ago so WTF?! I called the garage and told them I was coming in (it was about 3:30 and they close at 4:00) and they wanted me to leave it overnight. I was like NO. I JUST had all this work done and now this THING is hanging off the bottom of my car and You Are Going To Fix It NOW. Well they made a big deal that their guys would have to stay late to do it and I went into all out b!tch mode. Needless to say they stayed. And when I got there there was a work ticket already started with my name on it and a rate of $95/hour. So then b!tch became SUPER B!TCH. Let's just say the car got fixed and Princess Did Not Pay. Whew, that was Thursday.

Friday I went to get purses from the cow bag lady because Pat's nieces, daughter, sister, and sister-in-laws wanted me to bring them over at Easter. I left there with 60+ bags! Then we went to MI and stayed at a B&B so we could meet the electrician the next morning early. Oh! And speaking of the electrician... I was supposed to pick up the lighting fixtures on Friday at the manufacturer, who happens to be about 10 miles from my house. This was all confirmed by the seller of the fixtures, who is in Arizona. Well come Friday I call the manufacturer to make sure I was going to the right place And They Were Closed For Good Friday. ARGH!!! I was SO P!SSED! So I called and read some poor customer service person the riot act. Of course there was nothing she could do, but my electrician rearranged his entire Easter weekend with his family to do this for me. He installed all the outlets and switches, but the fixtures won't go in now for two more weeks.

Saturday while the electrician was doing his thing the CB and I finished putting in the floor.

Sunday we went over to test the plumbing... and when the CB turned the water on there was a leak in the wall between the bathroom and kitchen... so we had to take UP part of the floor to let the concrete dry, and we'll put that down again this week. Fortunately the CB got the problem fixed but now he's worried about turning on the water to the shower because he didn't get a chance to test that plumbing before the drywaller closed up that wall, even though the CB specifically asked him not to do that until he tested the shower. Oh well, whatever will be will be... Then we came back and went to the CB's family's for Easter dinner.

Monday I worked late.

And yesterday I did a little shopping and had a condo meeting at my place, including the board election. I'm president for two more years. Oy.

So THAT is what I've been up to!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, that is funny you and 2 store employees enjoyed the live birth. That is awesome! WTH about your car? I am glad you convinced them to fix it now and fix it free. You really bought out the cow bag lady leaving with 60+ bags. Oh now about the light store being closed on Good Friday. That was nice of the electrician to work on the switches and outlets Saturday. Phooey the fixtures won't go in for a few weeks. Glad the leak was fixed and I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed the shower is fine. Congratulations on being suckered in to being president for 2 more years.

Rod, good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you.

I swear my employees are going to kill me off. My boss is working on automating things with a report; maybe I can replace them with reports. Or maybe they'll replace me. Who knows? I'm over it already.

I made some evil carb spaghetti for supper and now I have some leftovers for several lunches.

Take care.
Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Friday night kids!

Curby, I didn't actually buy the bags from the cow lady, she just gave them to me to sell so I took her the money back for the ones that did sell and returned the bags that didn't. I do have a small inventory here at my house right now (probably a dozen bags or so) and one of my neighbors stopped down tonight and bought one, and she's bringing her mother by tomorrow to look at some too.

Rod, thinking of you and hoping you check in with a good report soon!

Today I met with the property managers and two landscapers and then I went and did something for the cow bag lady and turned in the paperwork for a unit that closed yesterday. Last night I went to a charity event and ended up buying a picture of three wolves under the northern lights painted by a blind artist. I kid you not. And it's every bit as spectacular as you imagine based on the description... Oh well, at least the charity gets the money and I'm sure they will use it well, LOL.

Tomorrow we are going up to the CB's building to do some work and then on Sunday we plan on heading to Michigan. Another fun filled weekend here in the Midwest!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, have you submitted a name for April's baby yet? He is so cute! That is nice of you to be selling some bags for your friend. I am intrigued about your painting. That's nice the money goes to charity. Have fun in Michigan.

I know you can appreciate leaks; last night we were watching TV and the rain was coming down and the wind was blowing it in to the house. I kept saying "I swear I hear something dripping". I finally mute the TV and open the drapes behind me and yep water was running in. We get out some towels, pull up the shade and there wasn't much more we could do about it. I put out new towels before going to bed; we got quite a bit in here and it raining most of the night. After it switched to snow the leaks stopped. Hopefully Marty can fix it and we won't have to have a window company come repair it. We had the same problem the first year we were here and the house was under warranty. Obviously their caulking didn't hold.

Thinking of you Rod.

We had an astronomy meeting tonight then went out with friends afterwards for a snack. My sister is coming to town tomorrow to get another sapphire ring.

Have a great weekend.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello

I had the operation Thursday as scheduled. I was originally scheduled to arrive at 9:00 AM for a noon surgery, but they called the night before and said I had been moved up first in line and I needed to arrive at 5:30 AM for a 7:30 operation. All went well. I remember being on the gurney as they started to roll me to the operating room and that's all I remember. They give you a knock out dose that ensures you're asleep by the time you arrive in the operating room.

When I came out of anesthesia, it certainly wasn't much fun. I was in pain and to be honest, I've never had a catheter in me and it was simply not very comfortable. I had never met the surgeon who did my surgery until just before the operation. He's my urologist partner, much younger and VERY handsome. Not that that makes a difference, but my urologist wanted his partner to do the surgery as he said my prostate is very large and complicated. That's just want you want to hear before rolling into a room with surgical tools, right?

It took a long while before my hospital room was ready for me, so Charlie got me some Starbucks (they have a Starbucks and McDonalds in this wing of the hospital) and a donut as I was hungry and the nurse suggested something high in sugar would actually be good for me. I was lucky enough to get a private room and I've got to say the nurses were simply fantastic.

For 24 hours I was hooked up to machines that circulate saline solution to constantly flush the bladder and prostate. Food sucked, so Charlie went to the hospital cafeteria and got me food that was at least flavorful. Friday morning, the surgeon came to speak with me and told me the surgery went well. Charlie says my urologist came to see us immediately after the surgery, but I don't remember him doing that. Anyway, the surgeon commented that my prostate should have been in a medical journal. It's the biggest one he's ever seen and it required a lot of shaving to make it a more normal size. Translation, it's going to take longer to heal.

Anyway, they won't release you unless you pass urine on your own. So they finally removed the (as the nurse commented) unusually large (in circumference) catheter and handed me a hand held urinal to go in. I wasn't prepared for the increased stream (or intense pain from just having had a catheter removed) and managed to pee all over the wall and floor before getting it to go where it was supposed to go. I was so embarrassed, but they said it happens all the time. For the first time in years, I was able to fully empty my bladder, which is wonderful. So they released me and I've been home since Friday afternoon.

The healing process is going OK. It's pretty frightening to have a lot of blood in your urine, but it's normal and is subsiding today. It hurts to pee, but that's also normal. I did go out today for the first time. I'm not going to work tomorrow, but will go Tuesday.

Hope this wasn't TMI? And I hope you are all doing well.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, I am glad your surgery went well and you are home already. I know you are resting more comfortably at home than in the hospital. I hope your pain is tolerable and you get better all the time. Take it easy and keep us posted. Big HUGS to you and I am sending mega PS get well Dust your way.

Not much exciting going on this weekend. My sister and BIL came to town yesterday so we all went out to lunch and spent the afternoon goofing around at home. They went home about 5 pm. We downloaded a few old movies to watch; they were more Marty's type of movie than mine so I read. Today Marty played golf. I picked up a phone case for him at Simply Mac and ran a few other errands. I had a super late breakfast so I stopped at Coldstone and had a dish of cake batter ice cream for lunch. Marty cooked some steaks on the grill for supper and we had some fresh fruit with the steaks.

Back to the salt mines tomorrow. I need to take a day off SOON!

Take care.
Marcy / Curby

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Rod, so glad to hear you are on the road to recovery! And that's crazy about your prostate being so big, but at least things are on the upswing.

Curby, I haven't submitted a name for Baby G yet, but the CB has suggested Patrick.:lol:

This weekend flew by, as usual. The CB set up a delivery from Home Depot on Saturday morning to get the stuff to fix something at his building... and they never showed up. By the time he finally got in contact with the store where the items were coming from he was told the stuff just didn't get loaded on the truck. And then when the refunded his credit card they gave him back the wrong amount (too little). WTF. On Sunday we went over to the boathouse and just as we were pulling in the guy working over there who was supposed to do something so the CB could in turn do something else texted to say he didn't realize his wife was going out and he was at home with their baby. Double WTF. So we really didn't do much other than put the part of the floor that we had to take up last Sunday back down. We did go to lunch at the Yacht Club for the first time. It was OK, but only OK. Oh well, I guess I didn't join the yacht club for the food, LOL.

I have to reschedule the furniture delivery that was originally set up for this Friday out two weeks becuase of the things that didn't get done this week. Damn. This project is taking forrrrrrevvvvvverrrrrr...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod:

It never hurts to have a Dr. Goodlooking. Too bad for all the other (truly) painful stuff!

Healing vibes across the miles.

cheers--Sharon

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I like CB's idea for a name. I could submit Marty. Well darn that things didn't go as planned this weekend. The boat house will be done soon. That's too bad food at the yacht club was just okay. We looked in to joining our local country club so Marty could play golf there but on top of the annual fee you have to spend several hundred for each membership every month on food or booze and if you don't they charge your credit card. I have no idea if their food is any good. We decided to pass on that.

Hi Sharon.

It is raining again this afternoon and evening. Looks like a rainy / snowy week.

Marty is heading to LA tomorrow for work and will be back Friday night. I am glad he gets to go somewhere; he has been suffering from cabin fever working from home so much lately. He goes to the coffee shop and takes his laptop, iPad and works from there.

Laters,
Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rod, I hope you are feeling better today. :wavey:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Curby, when I was a member of the Chicago Yacht Club they also required that you spend a certain amount of money every month, and if you didn't they charged you. I'm sure in the winter they made out like bandits because no many people go there outside of the boating season.

Hi Sharon!

Rod, thinking of you and hoping you're doing well!

Last night the CB said he had a sore throat and thought he was getting a cold, plus he was snoring like a freight train, so I slept on the couch. This morning when he got up to go to work I moved into the bed, but then I was quasi-awake for the next 2ish hours. Ugh.

My boss is out today and I am getting work done right and left, LOL.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, we could join those clubs then go drink our monthly required expenditures in liquor. Sounds like a plan to me. We also read in the fine print if they decide they need to do maintenance or repair on something you get a bill for your share. Um, no thank you.
Oh not that CB is sick. I hope he is doing better and you don't get sick. Sorry you had a short and rough night. Sleep well tonight.

Rod, I hope you are doing well. Did you attempt to go to work today or stay home and rest some more?

My team had another error today so I got after them about mistakes. I have a few more follow up things to say tomorrow and we'll see where it goes. My charmer complained about all the things she has to check off on and use to do her work. I told them they brought that on themselves.

I stopped at Sharis for supper. Bad idea! My ice water was good.

I got the dishes done when I got home; cleaned the stove and the kitchen will stay that way until Friday. Woo hoo.

Kind of funny Marty hasn't been busy for months and today he got 3 projects to at least work on. Cross your fingers he stays busy.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Howdy!

I'm on a 2 week break from work and thought I'd check in.

Rod-I sure hope you're recovery is going well and that you feel better really soon! Are you taking several weeks off from work? My nephew had surgery last week that sounds just about as fun as yours. I think you have him beat though.

Dee*Jay- I was obsessed with April the giraffe. I'd check in her first thing in the morning, at lunch, when I got home, and before bed. That baby giraffe is about the cutest thing I've ever seen! I'm having withdrawal not being able to stalk them.

Marcy-did you get your Porsche? Is it awesome, and is the blue gorgeous? So Marty has been slow at work? Matt has had just enough to stay busy but not swamped and no travel. He's been pretty happy.

We're about to go live with the biggest piece of our project and I've been working 14 hour days, 6 days a week since October. I'm flat out exhausted and my eyes are shot. I've been in a fabulous ocean front beach house since Saturday, and all I do is nap. I cannot believe how much I'm sleeping. I'm hoping to feel human again by Friday so I can enjoy my second week of vacation. Have a wonderful Wednesday everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, it's great to hear from you. Enjoy your 2 week vacation especially being on the beach. I hope your nephew is doing okay. I did get my Porsche. We are loving it! The blue turned out to be the perfect color. Yes, Marty was really slow at work last year. It sounds like it is picking up with week. That is good to hear Matt is pretty happy with his job. It's nice to have just enough work to stay busy. I am sorry to hear you are working so much; you sure deserve a lot of naps this week.

I met a girl friend for supper tonight. It was nice to catch up with her. We worked together for years at my last job.

Have a fabulous evening.
Curby / Marcy
FullSizeRender.jpg

deegee

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Marcy-that's your car? It looks like a picture out of a magazine. Gorgeous! I hope you're enjoying the heck out of it! Is it curb-free so far? I hate that I'm sleeping so much on this vacation. I have been having a lot of problems with my eyes and I have a variety of drops to use everyday. I put my drops in and close my eyes for a minute and the next thing I know, it's two hours later and I was sound asleep. Today Matt, Lily and I ventured out for a nice 2-mile walk on the beach and Matt & I made it out of the house for dinner. It was a big day and I expect tomorrow to be just as eventful.

Howdy Rod & Dee*Jay! Rod-I hope you're feeling better and improving every day.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Thursday kids!

Deegee!!! SO good to hear from you!!! Your trip sounds great, and I don't see anything wrong AT ALL with some extra sleeping! Your project sounds pretty horrific though... UGH.

Curby, the Chicago Yacht Club was the same way in terms of sending you a bill if something needed to be done. It's as bad as a condo association but you don't actually get to live there!

Yesterday was a cluster... I drove two hours in horrible traffic to be at a suburban courthouse for a trial that ultimately just got continued, spent the next four hours in a podunk town in northwestern Illinois (rather than driving home and back) so I could go to the funeral visitation for my assistant's mother, drove two hours home in heavy rain, and then spent an ungodly amount of time on hold with Southwest Airlines (who ultimately did something fantastic for me -- there's a thread in Hangout -- so I'm not complaining about that part). I wasn't going to come in today since it's Thursday, but here I am...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Deegee, yes that is my car. I really enjoy driving it, I am sure I have a silly grin on my face the entire time I am cruising down the road. I have had one curbing incident with it but it was just a corner and it made about a ½ inch nick on the rim. I try really hard to be careful.
Oh no to having trouble with your eyes. Hopefully your drops don’t burn. I think you deserve to rest and nap a lot while you are on vacation.

Dee Jay, you did have a long day. Sometimes being on the road is more tiring than working all day. I am sure your assistant appreciated you coming for her mother’s funeral visitation. It has been rainy here too.

I got to sleep in a little bit this morning. My cleaning lady got a new job so she and her sister will each take a Saturday every month to clean for us. I was pretty excited to hear that because I liked the little things her sister routinely cleaned for us that our regular lady didn’t do. Plus having them clean on Saturday works better for me if Marty is out of town. I am getting a deal anyway because they only charge me $20 an hour; I think I’ll start giving them $25 an hour so they keep coming back.
It sounds like Marty will be busy with work and may be traveling more again. That isn’t good for me but it’s good for him and definitely great news he has some work to do. Apparently if the money gets approved he may be in Australia for months off and on. That was news to me but at this point in time I am glad he may have a long-term project.
I went and paid the rent for Marty’s gym space and noticed they had our old house on their list for rentals. That was kind of strange to see. I checked the pictures online tonight and the house looks exactly the same except the spare bedroom now has big pink, blue and green polka dots on it.

Have a great Friday.

Curby / Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, I hope you are feeling better. Dee Jay and Deegee, I hope you are enjoying your vacations.

Not much exciting going on with me this weekend. We had snow Friday and Saturday morning. I made it to the grocery store yesterday afternoon but stayed home the rest of the time. Denver had more snow that we did but Marty didn't hit icy roads until he got to Wyoming. Ooh there is a surprise.
Marty is heading back to LA this afternoon. It sounds like he may be going there quite a bit for this project. Hopefully they get this project and sign a long term deal so his division will be in big trouble.
I misunderstood about Marty's trips to Australia. If he goes it would be 3 or 4 trips a month at a time. He can't work there more than 3 months or his company has to pay taxes there. If he goes to LA a lot though he doesn't see how he can do both.
I think I'll have popcorn for supper today. Our power was out this morning for about 90 minutes so I didn't eat breakfast. I ate lunch at 11:30 since I was pretty hungry. I might brew up a treat too like cookies or brownies. Then I'll have to take them to work to get rid of them quickly.

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Monday kids!

Deegee, did you see they've picked a name for Baby G -- it's going to be Tajiri. Alyssa got to select it.

Curby, if I have anything good in the house I eat it all up so I think it's a great idea to take it into work... but then I would just eat it at work, LOL.

On Friday I spent SEVEN HOURS with the cowhide purse lady... We sorted through a giant stack of receipts (which I'm going to put on a spreadsheet) and sent out an email for a sample sale she's having this week. It took forever...

Saturday we went over to the boathouse. The electrician tweeked his back and didn't come that day. The drywaller did come though and patched some things that needed to be worked on. The CB's plumbing repair turned out as well as it could have, so he was really pleased! A pipe going down through the slab had a pin hole in it so when the water was turned on last week, even though nothing was leaking in the unit, there was still water running out. He had to take the pipe out of the slab and put in a new one. It could have been an all day project, but it went perfectly. So SOMETHING went well!

We stayed at a local B&B that night and did some cleaning up on Sunday before we came home. We stopped at Costco... and $393 later... :errrr: ... A lot of it was household stuff we were low on (toilet paper, paper towels, laundry detergent, etc.) but still, it's amazing to me how much I spend there! We both needed a nap when we got home. Then I did a bunch of laundry and painted my nails. Not too exciting.
Today I'm meeting an old client of mine after work to talk about selling her place and buying a new one. I love those kinds of conversations!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Tuesday kids!

Had a really fun time with my client last night! We went to a place with kind of a water front theme (if that makes any sense in the middle of downtown Chicago, ha ha) and we had a lot of wine and some really good food! She's ready to start a search for a single family home and then sell her condo that she bought eight years ago.

Today I am committed to getting a TON of work done!

Ready... Set... Go!!!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey......I don't seem to get notifications of new replies anymore since they upgraded the forum. Are you all getting notifications?

Anyway, it's been an odd few days. The healing process is weird and frightening all at the same time. There's still bleeding, which I've read I can expect for several weeks. I am sleeping better at night and getting up less often, which is good. I have a followup with my urologist tomorrow afternoon and I have a list of questions.

Work is going really well. I made a big placement today and I have another deal I'm working on that may close Friday. If it closes, I'll be significantly over my yearly goal in May.

I got some jumbo crabs over the weekend. They were simply fantastic and it was just what I needed to help me stop worrying about what I'm going through in the healing process.

DeeJay, I scanned through the posts I missed and it sounds like things are continuing to progress well with the BH.

Marcy, you're still getting snow? Please Please Please send some cooler air our way. Saturday we broke the all time record for a high temperature in April with 96 degrees. And they've been tracking temps in Florida, since 1890. And the Trump folks say Global Warming is a hoax.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I didn't take the brownies to work and I've eaten 2 more of them. I put them in the freezer downstairs tonight. Ha! That was nice of you organize receipts for your friend. I am sure she appreciated it. What a relief replacing the pipe at the boathouse went smoothly. You'll have everything done before you know it. Your trip to Costco sounds like Sams for us. It is a major shopping event for us too and then I have to find holes to stuff all the paper towels, TP, napkins and tissues. Sounds like you had fun with your client.

Rod, before you hit submit click on more options and you should be able to subscribe to alerts to this thread. Sorry to hear you are still bleeding; that is always worrisome even if it's to be expected. Good plan to have a list ready for your urologist tomorrow. Good luck at the doctor! That is awesome you are going to surpass your yearly goal at work very soon. Congratulations! Nice to know the jumbo crabs are back in season. Funny you are warmer than normal; we are colder than normal. We keep getting rain and snow here. They are worried about flooding with the spring runoff because the mountains have so much snow.

Not much going on with me. I've been reading and working. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up the things I forgot to get Sunday. I hate the 5:30 store rush but let's face it that means 2 people in line in front of me at the checkout. Ha Ha. Stop your whining Marcy.

Have a great Hump day tomorrow.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, I didn't take the brownies to work and I've eaten 2 more of them. I put them in the freezer downstairs tonight. Ha! That was nice of you organize receipts for your friend. I am sure she appreciated it. What a relief replacing the pipe at the boathouse went smoothly. You'll have everything done before you know it. Your trip to Costco sounds like Sams for us. It is a major shopping event for us too and then I have to find holes to stuff all the paper towels, TP, napkins and tissues. Sounds like you had fun with your client.

Rod, before you hit submit click on more options and you should be able to subscribe to alerts to this thread. Sorry to hear you are still bleeding; that is always worrisome even if it's to be expected. Good plan to have a list ready for your urologist tomorrow. Good luck at the doctor! That is awesome you are going to surpass your yearly goal at work very soon. Congratulations! Nice to know the jumbo crabs are back in season. Funny you are warmer than normal; we are colder than normal. We keep getting rain and snow here. They are worried about flooding with the spring runoff because the mountains have so much snow.

Not much going on with me. I've been reading and working. I stopped at the grocery store on the way home to pick up the things I forgot to get Sunday. I hate the 5:30 store rush but let's face it that means 2 people in line in front of me at the checkout. Ha Ha. Stop your whining Marcy.

Have a great Hump day tomorrow.
Curby / Marcy

Thanks Marcy. I have watch this thread and receive email notifications turned on. But I did get a notification of your post, so maybe I missed one and then didn't reply, so I didn't get any more. Rain and Snow sounds a bit better than the horrendous heat and humidity we've had. Much of Florida is on fire, with a severe drought. We've barely had any rain for months now. The rainy season should start in early June, but until then, we desperately need rain.

Have a great day!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Wednesday kids!

Rod, I'm glad to hear you're on the mend! And WOO HOO about your awesome status so far this year!!! The bad news is they'll likely up your quota for next year, ha ha!

Curby, I store my paper towels in the freezer. No joke. I guess if your freezer isn't full it runs more and is inefficient so you should keep stuff in there. Well I don't keep any actual FOOD in there (what a CRAZY idea, LOL) so paper towels it is. I'd keep the TP in there too but I've got plenty of room in the bathroom.

Last night I worked a little late and then went home to chicken tacos for dinner -- YUM. I volunteer for Big Brothers/Big Sisters and today we're taking our kids on a field trip to Navy Pier. We're going to ride the giant ferris wheel! And right now I am on hold with Home Depot trying to locate an order that UPS appears to have lost that contains a bunch of things I ordered for the electrician. Of course these are things that aren't sold in stores so you have to get them on line. Of all the Home Depot orders to go MIA it had to be this one that the electrician is waiting on, of course... Oh well, it is what it is!

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey DeeJay. Missing UPS packages are not fun. And yes, they always lose track of ones that are important. We keep food in our freezer. I know an odd concept. It would never dawn on me to store paper towels there though.

As to the goal. They set one for the entire organization annually. They actually lowered this years goal, because almost no one made the goal last year (myself included). If you hit your goal, you get the President's Club trip, which is a nice perk. Last year, we went to Naples and stayed at the Ritz Carlton, on the beach. We had a nice trip. I don't know where they'll choose for next years trip, but it's usually stateside.

We were just talking about having taco's for dinner recently. We have two really good Mexican places within walking distance of our house, so we'll likely go out for them.

Tonight we're meeting our Friday night couple for Sushi. He's been having treatment every Friday afternoon for bladder cancer (yes, we're quite the pair discussing our plumbing issues!) and he hasn't felt up to meeting on a Friday night. So, we'll meet them tonight.

Have a great day.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids,

Rod, I often look at the national wild fire map (NOAA) and see quite a few fires in Florida. Our prairie land is really dry and some areas are listed as being in severe drought. Fires are so scary. I hope you get to go on a trip next year for work; good luck with everyone meeting the company goals. I remember your trip to Naples. That's great you have nice restaurants within walking distance. I guess we can go eat at the retirement home by us but that is the only place close enough to walk. My sister's MIL is in there and she said the food isn't bad. That is nice you switched nights for sushi so you guys can get together with your friends.

Dee Jay, that is funny you store paper towels in your freezer. Our frig / freezer downstairs has a lot of beer and bottled water in it but the freezer is empty. Marty stores beer mugs and martini glasses in there so I guess that kind of helps. At our old house we didn't have a lot of extra storage space and I'd stick paper towels in every hole I could find. Chicken tacos sounds great. Have fun with the kids at the pier. Naturally a really important package goes missing; I hope it turns up okay.

I worked a bit late today too. A friend of mine was coming over to pick up her concert tickets that I printed for her and she met me with a bottle of cold chardonnay. We each had 2 glasses which maybe wasn't a good idea on an empty stomach but hey I wasn't driving. We had a nice time visiting. She and I worked together for years at my first job (yes I am on job 2 now). After she left I had raw veggies while I cooked myself some oven fries and grilled a little steak. I usually don't try to use our gas grill since it's attached to the house - I am always afraid I'll blow something up. I had chardonnay courage though.

I guess my SIL will be here this weekend. I have no idea why but we'll see.

I was going to do laundry tonight but the wine changed my mind. Ha!

Take care.
Curby / Marcy

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Going To Vegas Today kids!

Rod, the freezer is just one vast open storage space as far as I'm concerned, LOL. If it weren't full of paper towels I'd find something else to put in there!

Curby, chardonnay courage -- LOVE IT!!!

Yesterday we rode the big ferris wheel at Navy Pier with the kids and ate a bunch of bad food. Blech. Then I went home and packed for the trip and climbed in bed early. I've had a sore throat for three days now, which is how the CB's horrible cold started, but I'm really starting to think it's allergies because nothing is changing... ? OK, off to CVS to pick up a few things for the trip!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Dee Jay, have a fabulous time in Vegas! Have fun with your friends. Your friend deserves to get away for a few days.
I bet the kids had a great time yesterday with a giant Ferris wheel and a bunch of bad food.
I hope you aren't getting a cold. My allergies are awful this week; welcome to springtime.

Marty got upgraded to first class on his way home tonight. His miles must be building up again. I posted a picture on FB of a bunch of teddy bears setting on the love seat with a caption "Marty's coming home" and his replay was "Cool . . . Pillows". His sister added they looked more like target practice. They are both brats.

I had a strawberry waffle for supper and ate most of it so I am stuffed right now. It was so good though.

Have a great Friday.
Curby / Marcy

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, I hope you're having fun in Vegas. Marcy, it's always a nice thing to be upgraded on your flight home. I once traveled a lot. Had lot's of miles. I don't have to travel anymore and I simply don't miss it at all.

Last Saturday was the hottest day in April in recorded history and today was cooler than normal. It was simply stunning at 77 degrees. Tomorrow's supposed to be nice as well. We'll take it as the summer heat and humidity will be in full force very soon all the way till the end of September.

We made an Ina Garten (The Barefoot Contessa) pasta dish with linguine, peas and crisp Pancetta with Picorini and Parmesan cheese. So So So good. Tomorrow, I'm planning on getting crabs now that crab season is back.

The final interview for the big placement went really well Friday. The candidate has to go in to meet the CIO Monday morning and assuming that goes well, they'll offer him the position. I'm pretty sure he's going to accept, so this will be a pretty big fee and will put me significantly over my goal. It's about time, things starting working out.

I hope you're having a nice weekend.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids!

Rod, how are you feeling? I am not a fan of traveling and flying but Marty sure likes it. He gets bored at home but still is glad to come home so I guess that is a good thing. 77 degrees doesn't sound bad but add your humidity that is hot. I looked up the NOAA fire map and yes Florida is covered with them. That one that borders on Georgia is over 100,000 acres now. I hope you guys get some rain to help with that. I guess a lot of spots in Wyoming hit record highs here yesterday. We cranked on our AC; my SIL wasn't feeling well and was overwhelmed at how hot our house was. Marty had to go out with a flashlight about 10 and plug the AC back in to the house. Our course the temps are going back to the 50's and 60's so I'll put the heat back on tonight. The Barefoot Contessa has some great recipes. I bet you are excited crab season is back. Nice. I am delighted to hear the interview for your client went well and hope he gets and offer that he accepts this week. Good luck with closing that deal.

My SIL came up Friday night. She played golf with Marty yesterday and we ate lunch at the golf course. Bar food - need I say more. I think that is why my SIL didn't feel well. I asked Marty to run to the store this morning to get a london broil for lunch that we could marinade and cook on the grill. He ends up getting him and my SIL chicken and me a top round steak - which I hate because it's too tough. If I had some BBQ sauce I'd cook it in the crock pot but I don't so I put the steak in the freezer. I am kind of getting sick of eating food I don't like because of his dietary regime and I end up eating hamburgers all the freaking time. Sigh. Okay my pity party rant is over now.

I am working on laundry now and we are going to run to Kohl's just to go do something this morning. I have a 20% off coupon and plan on looking at tops. My tops are too big and most of them gap enough at the neck my bra shows. That's a good thing but I don't want to replace my wardrobe.

Have a great day!
Curby / Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results