shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your micropave split shank rings

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. I am still working on how to reset my asscher. Today, I am interested in a miicropave split shank. How thin is too thin?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2540.jpg I'm still working with Caysie, but I'm having trouble figuring out what I want. We had been texting and I asked her to save my texted photos and to not reply and let them exist as a collective "dream board" where we can both imagine.

Then I found out my house needs a roof and AC immediately :evil: so I told her the project is on hold for at least 6 months now. Then I went on a caribbean cruise (wanted to cancel but couldn't.... thank god for that because we needed it) and my phone drowned in the Caribbean sea!!! So I lost all my pics to Caysie!

She had originally suggested a chunky halo.

What I am finding is that I lean toward is what I call "messy halos".... halos that evoke movement, such as with different size stones.

If I even want a halo at all, which I still don't know. (I don't want to make my ring into a dressy ring, and to me a halo dresses it up).

So them I started thinking about shanks. I remembered that I LOVED Brittany Spears's ring from Kevin Federline :D (Pictured above)

I'm hard on my hands though, so that may be too delicate of a shank. Plus, I'm getting into stacking and I wouldn't be able to stack any more with a wide split shank. I love it though...

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whitewave, I really like the setting you posted, I think it might give you the extra hand presence you want. But yeah, you probably won't be able to stack too many rings with it. Not enough room and it would take away from the setting. I have a ring with a wide split shank and I think it looks best on it's own. And if you think about it, any ring you get is going to be subject to damage, we all use our hands a lot lol, so maybe you should just get what you like and not worry too much about it.

The shank in the ring you posted does look pretty delicate - if you do decide on this setting it might be a good idea to make the bands a little more substantial

As for halos being dressy...I can see where you would feel that way. Otoh I own several halo rings and dress casually all the time and I don't feel they're too dressy. But of course it's all personal preference so you have to go with what you would feel most comfortable wearing.

Sorry your project has been delayed. It does give you a chance to be sure about what you want and not rush into anything.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your input. I should probably link my asscher reset post (I should probably reread it too!)

Yes, the bottom line is that I want more hand presence, not necessarily the illusion of a larger diamond. (Kinda the same thing I guess)

I bought some inexpensive stackers... one I got right and the other is too short and fat. I can move those to other fingers anyway, so I wouldn't be out a lot of money.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I gotcha! I think the setting you posted would look great! And if you wanted to you could stack a band or two with it, depending on how much space on your finger you have - again, it's personal preference and you might like how it looks!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New bands:
IMG_3135.JPG
IMG_3136.JPG

IMG_3133.JPG

IMG_3135.JPG

The asscher is a G color, so I am having trouble with my lighting today.

Old bands:

IMG_2040.JPG

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Also having trouble deleting extra pic... oh well...

So yeah. A thin split shank will give me that top/bottom look I clearly like and as the bands get thinner, I think the diamond looks larger. So it would solve that problem too.

I could get Caysie to do some kind of Caysie special thing she does like a cool basket and nicer prongs (blue nile prongs are less than desirable).

So halo or not with the split shank? That is the question.

And I think thin halo would be better than chunky halo.... if I did this.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your new bands whitewave! They look really nice!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results