Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Ceaho

Rough_Rock
Trade
Lovely Arabella! Beautiful picture.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kama- that is my new favorite ring on colored stones! You can see from your pic how these rubellites can be compared to rubies color wise. Absolutely stunning ring! I am in love!!!!! :love:

Arkteia- such a unique ring- and I mean that in the most complimentary way. I love the choice of gemstones and overall design of the ring. But I am intrigued by the diamonds around the blue spinel. I like how they enhance the blue spinel but don't take away from the gemstone. Very pretty!

Burmesedaze- Wow! What a big spessie! I love spessies and can't wait to see how you set this one. Post pics when you get it!

Ceaho- thanks for showing your emeralds and they are lovely. I wish I had an emerald ring. One day- its on my bucket list.

Arabella- that is a very nice color for spinel. I too hope the window closes when it is set. I think the window may be adding to the brightness of the stone- so if it closes (I think it will) you will have a very lovely jewelry piece. Jerry Newman may be able to tweak the cut for you to minimize the window if you contact him. He was able to do that for a spessie of mine and the size change was very minimal. In fact the stone looked bigger when he was done because it was so much brighter. He is amazing.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mtsapphire such a lovely spinel ring! I love how the pink spinels continue onto the shank of the ring. The grey spinel looks lavender on my monitor. Does the grey pick up different tones in different lights?

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB - like all of your pieces, beautiful!
arkteia - I love the color combination and classy unique setting
karma - I am swooning over your rubelite ring...is there a thready pion it?
mtsapphire - two lovely pieces...I am partial to your red spinel band :)
burmesedaze caeho and arabella - hope to see how you set your new beauties

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB- That is a gorgeous grey spinel ring! I love the cut on the spinels- very elegant.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_9106.JPG Grey and pink spinel ring bought from JuliaBJewelry on Etsy.

View attachment 495150
What a wonderful combination of colors! Love it.
My latest completed project... grey spinels and design from Elle at The Gemstone Project, executed by David Klass. Last pic reflecting blue sky.

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0414.JPG

IMG_0423.JPG
Outstanding! I immediately think of a hall of mirrors. I love the curves in the metal, that soften the angles and allow the stones to stand out. What amazing color matching too. Congratulations.

mtsapphirelovingannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
NKOTB, what a lovely ring!

LisaRN, my grey spinel does seem to pick up colors and shift a bit to a lavender. It is quite interesting.

lovedogs, Bluegemz, livannie, Arteia, lilmosun, thank you for your likes and kind words.

lilmosun, I too am partial to the red band. The color is so pleasing to me! When the purse allows, I would like a larger stone of a similar color! :)

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow kama_s!! What a beautiful ring! I don't LOVE most halos in general but I really love yours

Thank you!

Kama- that is my new favorite ring on colored stones! You can see from your pic how these rubellites can be compared to rubies color wise. Absolutely stunning ring! I am in love!!!!! :love:

Indeed! Every time I wear it I get asked if it's a Ruby. I def do NOT have the 100k+ for a Ruby of this size, ha!

karma - I am swooning over your rubelite ring...is there a thready pion it?

Thanks! I posted a few more pics here:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-curious-case-of-the-bling-by-kama.230870/

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NKOTB Love how the gray spinel ring reflects the blue sky perfectly, truly amazing!

Ceaho your rubelite, emeralds and topaz have wonderfully rich tones. Beautiful!

mtsapphirelovingannie your pink spinel halo ring is so pretty!!

My latest project....its in the making now.

Setting will be in 14k yellow gold. Im so excited!!!

2.23 ct
Umbalite Garnet
mixed portuguese oval
8.79 x 6.82 mm

psgarnet1.jpg

garnet4.jpg

garnet setting.jpg

psgarnet 13.jpg

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zestfully- that is a lovely garnet. You have such wonderful taste in gems and jewelry. I can't wait to see how beautiful your ring is when it is completed. :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too love your project, ZB. I love the setting design you've chosen and think that setting goes so well with your umbalite. The color and portuguese cutting go so well with that antique style setting. Its going to be gorgeous!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
That setting is so charming, perfect for the pink garnet!

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LisaRN: I appreciate your kindness. I feel like such an amateur compared to all of the veteran PSer's when it comes to selecting colored gems. I purchased this garnet about 4 yrs ago. I'm just now setting it. I procrastinated a bit...lol

minousbijoux: Thank so much!!! I was really taken by this stone because I see dark orange, peach, purple and pink depending on the lighting. I feel the way this garnet is cut really highlights those colors. Im very excited!!

Burmesedaze: Thank you!! I was looking for a halo and this one really was calling my name. lol

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Burmezedaze, that's lovely! I love the plumpness of it and the color,

Mochiko, the rings have such fresh color relationships. Very pretty on you and stacked!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi your rings are beautiful!! I am inspired by the octagon shapes for the round gems. Just what I have been searching for in relation to my next project!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Completing my set of rings by Yvonne Raley. :)

Emerald and tanzanite 5 stone hex ring
Sapphire and paraiba 3 stone octagon ring
20170508_162441.jpg 20170508_162559.jpg 20170508_165111.jpg
Woohaa! Talking about amazing sea colors! Your rings are stunning Mochiko. I hope you will start a separate thread with lots of pics. Yay!!!
You and Yvonne did an amazing job in making great choices and a perfect execution.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woohaa! Talking about amazing sea colors! Your rings are stunning Mochiko. I hope you will start a separate thread with lots of pics. Yay!!!
You and Yvonne did an amazing job in making great choices and a perfect execution.

Thanks! I'm quite happy with these rings. I don't think I will wear them together though. Wearing the sapphire paraiba today. The previous photos were taken in office lighting. This is an outdoors photo. 20170509_072651.jpg

theredspinel

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow mochiko! Super beautiful. What are the dimensions of all the stones?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I concur: super beautiful!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks minou! Outdoor photo of the emerald ring too IMG_20170510_100310_525.jpg

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous tones mochiko42!! So rich and deep...I get lost staring into your rings, beautiful colors.:love:

Curby311

Rough_Rock
Hello all,
I am amazed by the gorgeous projects on here.
I ordered my first CS which is on the way to me. Coincidentally, I believe it is the same copper baring tourmaline from Jeff White that SparklieLuvr had first ordered. It was in the last gem scoop from Jeff.

I'm a newbie to all of this but have been reading through everyone's posts for awhile now. I am excited to see it in person but nervous since this is my first gem purchase.
Once I get it in hand I'll start a thread to figure out setting options for my first project.
tmp_24781-jw_nigeriancopperbearingtourmaline519695367.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results