shape
carat
color
clarity

10 year wedding anniversary upgrade. Do you like her?

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's nice! Is this for you or your wife?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's lovely, not over fussy, but with interest on the band.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone...you ok with the K color? Have you seen an AGS/GIA K?

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice stone...you ok with the K color? Have you seen an AGS/GIA K?
The video of the setting appears to have his actual stone in it (at least, when I looked at it it said it was shown with a recently purchased K VS2, so I'm assuming it was his stone). www.jamesallen.com/mobile/engagement-rings/halo/platinum-pave-halo-cabled-diamond-engagement-ring-item-17894

OP, it's a beautiful diamond but does show quite a bit of yellow/warmth compared to the halo. Are you okay with that? Some people are and some aren't; I think we just want you to be aware of it and know for sure what you're buying!

nsaidsnirse420

Rough_Rock
The video of the setting appears to have his actual stone in it (at least, when I looked at it it said it was shown with a recently purchased K VS2, so I'm assuming it was his stone). www.jamesallen.com/mobile/engagement-rings/halo/platinum-pave-halo-cabled-diamond-engagement-ring-item-17894

OP, it's a beautiful diamond but does show quite a bit of yellow/warmth compared to the halo. Are you okay with that? Some people are and some aren't; I think we just want you to be aware of it and know for sure what you're buying!

nsaidsnirse420

Rough_Rock
It doesn't bother me at all that the mele is a higher color. I think it's lovely together. I plan on at some point getting a delicate mele band from jad or erd. The K I already have kinda does a chameleon act depending on the lighting. Sometimes, it looks really white. Other times, it's a warm yellow and puts out lots of fire. I am anxious, and can't wait to meet her in person!!

bmfang

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the stone. Looks well cut. K colours can be a bit of hit and miss and some love the warmth while others run straight to the more colourless stones. Some are up closer to the near J end of the range while others look more like L's. My wife and I love her K Brian Gavin Blue stone which leans more towards the J end.

nsaidsnirse420

Rough_Rock
The one I picked doesn't have fluorescence, so I'm pretty sure that in most situations it's going to have what my husband and I call, "the tinge". Especially since I picked a setting with higher colored mele as a halo. I did debate doing it because others tell you not to, but decided to go for it because I loved it. The setting was only 800 in platinum. If it's truly hideous, it doesn't have to be the permanent setting. My original idea was for a platinum setting, a classic Tiffany replica. I decided to do the halo because my current ring is set in a plain, 4 prong white gold mount. A lot of people are also setting warm colors with rose or yellow gold. At this time, nothing really sparked my eye, but I'm not ruling out that I may reset in the future.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's going to look great! Is it a size upgrade? I love warmer stones. I don't think "tinge," I think of ivory, antique lace, or vanilla. Post pics when you get her.

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary!!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Post pics when it's finished I'd love to see it!!!

nsaidsnirse420

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll post pics as soon as possible when she gets here!

nsaidsnirse420

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll post pics as soon as possible when she gets here!
It's going to look great! Is it a size upgrade? I love warmer stones. I don't think "tinge," I think of ivory, antique lace, or vanilla. Post pics when you get her.

Yes, it's a size upgrade. My original stone is basically a radiant cut. Carat size 0.925 K in color. It's cut a little steep, so face up it appears smaller. My husband and I both are very excited. I have tried to educate him a little throughout the years. I swooned over the 1.74 CT. O IF stone that a lot of people were taking about years ago on here. I'm pretty sure that it went for about 8 grand either through cbi or gog. If we would have had the funds then, I wouldn't have been looking now. I am glad now that I waited. I think that I'll be plenty happy with what I picked out this time around. Always, more money, more options. I just hope that I don't think the stone is too big. Sometimes, I feel very indecisive about ring/diamond options.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results