shape
carat
color
clarity

Does anyone know an insurer in the USA who will insure non US citizens?

DiamondSEEKER 1452

Rough_Rock
Hi,

We are an Australian couple who need to find a diamond insurer as we are buying a diamond in New York and are going to take it back to Australia. We need the insurance for the setting and also travelling back. Australian insurance companies wont insure until back in the country.

Jeweller's Mutual only insurers US residents. Travel insurance also wont work.

Any ideas?

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would think that the diamond is covered under the jewelers policy while in their possession and then covered by the carrier insurance while being shipped.

DiamondSEEKER 1452

Rough_Rock
I would think that the diamond is covered under the jewelers policy while in their possession and then covered by the carrier insurance while being shipped.

Yes, so true but we are here in New York and going to take the loose diamond to a jeweller to get set and during that process we want it insured and then when we take it home/anywhere else we go.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your new purchase!

I am not sure, maybe look into travelers insurance(just a wild guess there) of perhaps if you are using a credit card for the purchase they might be able to assist with insurance.

Hopefully someone will chime in, it certainly can't be the first time this has happened.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Some jewelers cover your stone on their own bench insurance during setting. Steven Kirsch does this. That's all the help I have. Can't wait to see your knew ring!

DiamondSEEKER 1452

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone. Dont think travel insurance or credit card will work but bench insurance i will ask about! :) If anyone knows of any insurers who insure global please let me know.

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you add it as a rider to your home insurance? It's how I insure my jewelry (I'm Canadian). It covers loss regardless of where you happen to be.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results