• One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Two

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

bvduong

Rough_Rock
HI,
So...I have two rocks but can't decide on which one to go with.
Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Diamond One:
  • GIA
    • Triple X / Color: I / Clarity: VS2
  • Holloway Cut Grade:
    • Light Return: Fair / Fire: Fair / Scintillation: Fair / Spread: Very Good
    • Score - 5.9 (Good - Only if price is your main criterion)
Diamond Two:
  • GIA
    • Triple Very Good / Color: J / Clarity: SI1
  • Holloway Cut Grade:
    • Light Return: Very Good / Fire: Excellent / Scintillation: Excellent / Spread: Very Good
    • Score - 1.4 (Excellent within TIC range)
Two great diamonds, both the same size - Diamond one has better GIA grades (1 above in Color and Clarity and triple X) but very low on the HCA Tool. While Diamond two is one below in grades but scored much better on the Holloway Cut Adviser.

Looking for any insight in regard to which diamond is better. I've seen both - could not really see the difference. Both within my budget but diamond two is definitely less expensive. How much though should I put on the HCA tool when deciding?

Thank you in advance!!!!

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
do you have the certificate numbers? The answer from most people here, including myself is invariably going to be neither.

What is your budget and minimum spec in clarity and colour. How much are these two diamonds? If you have only seen the diamonds in a jewellery store with abundant halogen lights, that may be why you think they're the same and look great, they may not to when you leave the store.

bvduong

Rough_Rock
do you have the certificate numbers? The answer from most people here, including myself is invariably going to be neither.

What is your budget and minimum spec in clarity and colour. How much are these two diamonds? If you have only seen the diamonds in a jewellery store with abundant halogen lights, that may be why you think they're the same and look great, they may not to when you leave the store.
Hi!

I only have one of them at the moment: (2) 6241549834

Minimum:
Color: J
Clarity: VS2

1 goes for 14 and 2 goes for about 11

gm89uk

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You have an extremely healthy budget for your required specs and your stones are not well priced.
All diamonds, even the ugly ones perform very well in jewellery store where there is an abundance of light. But you are not living in a jewellery store. Most real life lighting environments are much more diffuse, lighting environments where ugly diamonds/badly proportioned would transform from that diamond you fell in love with to a lifeless dull glass appearance.

Ideal cut diamonds are:

Crown angle: 34-35 (35.5 can be OK with 40.6)
Pavilion 40.6 - 40.8 (34 ok with 41, 35.5 ok with 40.6)
Table 54-58
depth: 62.3 (any larger is a waste of carat in what you can't see)

This would be a choice for me, love the small table with the high crown.
https://www.jamesallen.com/loose-di...rat-j-color-vs1-clarity-ideal-cut-sku-1957301

Couldn't find much on WF or BG

http://highperformancediamonds.com/shop/i/HPD8727/?shop=yes upper end of budget.

The diamond you quoted is a 1.9 with a high depth. Despite the above stone being 1.8 it has a wider faceup diameter. Also your stone has a pavilion of 40.0 which will lead to ++obstruction on close viewing. It is not appropriate for an ER.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results