shape
carat
color
clarity

Tweets from a lunatic

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
^^Oh, but of course. They're nothing if not predictably awful. I actually think that deserves its own thread.

Well apparently this was not true.

On the news just now Republicans are going to have the same insurance as us.

But it figures some of you jumped all over it as if it was fact.

I guess you only tell others to vet the truth, but do not follow it yourself.

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Hot off the press
upload_2017-4-26_19-30-28.png

upload_2017-4-26_19-32-13.png

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock

The MacArthur amendment would allow states to opt out of certain insurance reforms under the Affordable Care Act, including the requirement that health plans cover essential medical benefits and the ban on charging customers higher premiums if they have preexisting conditions.

Another excerpt:

Momentum is building for the plan despite the revelation that, under its current language, members of Congress would be all but guaranteed to maintain health benefits that other Americans stand to lose.

That is because lawmakers obtain health insurance through a marketplace operated by the District of Columbia. The District is unlikely to seek a waiver to opt out of the ACA’s coverage requirements, meaning members’ plans would be left intact, even if insurers in their home states are allowed to cut benefits.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/powe...7c8a68c1a66_story.html?utm_term=.08a927f62e67

E B

Ideal_Rock

Where are you seeing it wasn't true?

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 7.38.54 PM.png

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol::lol::lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was under the impression that companies choose who they contract their healthcare benefits with. I don't know anyone employed who gets *free* insurance. I get coverage through my employer but still have to pay part of the premium/co-pays/deductibles. Of course it adds up but has nothing to do with ACA.

I hesitate to even say this but... I actually get "free" health insurance, dental, vision, and short and long term disability through my employer. To be perfectly clear, I do pay $1 each per month for each of those (so $5 total), but they gross up our checks to cover it. So I guess more accurately my premiums are covered. My company also pays (sans the $5) for the entire cost of family coverage. Deductibles are $250 for a single person (I don't know what they are for a family, I imagine more) and I also pay for prescriptions (I think $5 for a generic, and I"m not sure what a brand name would be because I don't take any), those those things are not free. Last year I went to the emergency room and my outlay came to less than $10 (7ish or 8ish dollars, I can't remember exactly). All well visits (like an annual physical, mammogram, etc.l) are also covered 100%.

I've never had coverage like this before and I hope I'm still with this company in case I ever do need to really use it!

BUT I am very interested to see how insurance plays out over the next several years because I plan on retiring well before I'm eligible for Medicare.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay don't ever leave that job! That is awesome but I am guessing that is a rare situation. I never once felt entitled to free healthcare but obviously I wouldn't turn it down ;-)

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
I believe this is probably what Ruby was referring to earlier.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...eal-bill/ar-BBAptsu?li=AA5a8k&ocid=spartanntp

GOP to kill language exempting staff from new ObamaCare repeal bill

Just to note that this article was from 2 hours ago so the original posts were posted long before this came out. Also note "Rep. Tom MacArthur (R-N.J.), an author of the new language, said he is working with leadership to remove the exemption." so I assume it has not yet been removed.

Last edited:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay don't ever leave that job! That is awesome but I am guessing that is a rare situation. I never once felt entitled to free healthcare but obviously I wouldn't turn it down ;-)

I know -- right!? This is the only job I've ever had with a deal like this, and I swear some of our people DO stay just for this reason, LOL.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I know -- right!? This is the only job I've ever had with a deal like this, and I swear some of our people DO stay just for this reason, LOL.

And this is exactly why my husband took a job with the State. As a CPA he could have made so much more money in private sector.

But 39 years ago, the insurance package offered was awesome.

E B

Ideal_Rock
The AARP, AMA, AHA, March of Dimes, etc. have all come out against this new plan with the MacArthur amendment. Anyone like it other than the Freedom Caucus (who are still exempt, AFAIK) and insurance companies?
IMG_9208.jpg

cmd2014

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NAFTA...NO NAFTA...NAFTA....wow. The STEM industry in the US must be reeling from people making a dash for the border given how many scientists, health care professionals, engineers, and computer programmers are employed in the US under NAFTA. My students are no longer even bothering to apply to US based residencies as one was denied the normal J1 visa (without warning and for no apparent reason) this year. This is a BIG deal as the residency match is a binding contract and there are no other positions open for someone if this happens. I'm so glad I decided to come home when I did, otherwise my husband and I (both STEM folks) would be worried for our jobs.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DeeJay, Don't ever leave that company!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AARP, AMA, AHA, March of Dimes, etc. have all come out against this new plan with the MacArthur amendment. Anyone like it other than the Freedom Caucus (who are still exempt, AFAIK) and insurance companies?
IMG_9208.jpg

The sad thing is Trump supporters will not acknowledge the truth.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, thanks Deb! Super interesting! I wonder if I knew her. It's a super tiny school, so most people are at least familiar with one another. That's really funny!

This thread is all over the map! I am responding to lovedogs about Trinity College, here.

My niece is flying in from Michigan to see her grandfather (my father) the day after tomorrow (Saturday) since she just finished her academic year. Her visit comes as a surprise and I am very excited to be seeing her. She just e-mailed me the dates she was at Trinity; she was there from 2006 to 2010. (I believe you said you were there from 2008 to 2012.) She wrote that it was a small school but that "you would be amazed how few students you know". She said it would help to know your name. For that we would have to go to e-mail!

Many people have had my e-mail address over the years because I sent out cakes to them. But the people with whom I have remained in contact and who, I know, therefore, have retained my e-mail address are few. Do you speak to missy; diamondseeker; canuk-gal; Karl; or Kaleigh? They are among the people who still post here who I know still have my e-mail address and could give it to you!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ruby, I'm sorry that your son isn't eligible for Rhode Island's HealthSource -- and also sorry that PWC Boston isn't doing better by its employees there. Geez, you'd think that having 3000 employees (or thereabouts? know it's larger than PWC's Atlanta office where my niece just made partner) would give it some "purchasing power" leverage resulting in less pricey premiums.

So it's a good reminder for me to be grateful to the CEO of the nonprofit for whom I do consulting-teaching. She makes me nuts sometimes, but she and the CFO do give the employee health care plans a lot of attention (plus, they were really pleased with the new broker they found for the 2017 plans). So although we are a relatively small outfit (only about 50 employees), we had 6 plans from 3 different carriers to choose from (all of which had increases of no more than 5% for the same kind of coverages as in 2016), in addition to vision and dental plans & a Health Savings Account option.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
I honestly don't know what to say.

IMG_9228.jpg

I read that article just a bit ago.

Can you imagine becoming PRESIDENT with the mindset of "this will be a piece of cake!"?

The people who treat the office like that are the least deserving of it. He doesn't even have the capacity to understand the seriousness of his position.

Idiot.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-04-28 at 8.01.52 AM.png As opposed to his intention to open national parks up for drilling and development.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone on twitter had a great response to tweeto-von-cheeto's lament about his old life. "There's an easy solution to that." LOL. Yep, cheeto, please resign and go back to your old easier life.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Then go back to your golden tower and stay there, please!

smitcompton

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi,

At the Republican National Convention a group of reporters spoke to Don Jr. He said, "This job is a step down for my father", referring to the Presidency. I remember thinking, what gall. But, it appears that that thinking ran in the family. Its an easy way of getting access to the most important people in the world. To make more money you think??

Annette

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep he can go back to his old life. I would be perfectly happy with Mike Pence at the helm.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep he can go back to his old life. I would be perfectly happy with Mike Pence at the helm.

"Perfectly happy" doesn't come within striking distance of how I feel about having Mike Pence or Mike Ryan at the helm. However, I have to admit that having either of them there (and I am thinking it could be Mike Ryan if Pence gets impeached over Trump's collusion with the Russians invalidating the elections), would be a relief. Less worry about a crazy starting a war.

AGBF

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Perfectly happy" doesn't come within striking distance of how I feel about having Mike Pence or Mike Ryan at the helm. However, I have to admit that having either of them there (and I am thinking it could be Mike Ryan if Pence gets impeached over collusion with the Russians invalidating the elections), would be a relief.

AGBF

You do mean Paul Ryan right? I am fine with either.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a fantasy that all who voted for Trump will have the charge of treason entered on their criminal record

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a fantasy that all who voted for Trump will have the charge of treason entered on their criminal record

Funny I have the fantasy that people who voted for Hillary have to sit in the corner with a dunce cap on.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man, people on here really can't give up on Hilary eh. She's like the 3rd or 4th excuse out of y'alls mouths, and she isn't even relevant anymore! Too funny guys, too funny.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results