shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinion on a pear

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
hi all, I have not been posting for sometime but I am coming back seeking for help. After having looked at many beautiful stones on here, I am needing to find a right hand ring for myself. I have a round stone as my engagement ring but I just love the coverage of a pear and the feminine look of it. Now, I would never thought I look at I1 clarity just due to assumptions that they will be full of black spots but I came across this pear and to my surprise, I am really considering it. What do you all think of the white inclusion in the middle of the stone? I know i1 would not be eye clean but would something like this jumps out and be a real turn off? I like the color, the size and the price of this stone so I am really looking for honest feedback. Please take a look at the stone on this link before you judge it being I1 as I know this community is really strict and I have not seen many recommendations on anything less completely 100% eye clean but is this one doable... for the price, is it worth it? Would you say buy it and inspect in person or is this an immediate big no!
Thank you for all your help! Here is the link.
https://www.jamesallen.com/mobile/l...ped/2.82-carat-i-color-i1-clarity-sku-2406107

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Tyty? Diamondseeker? Anyone? You all have been so helpful so just wanted to check with you as I have the diamond on hold for now. Thanks

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I wouldn't. I know that for me, if I stare at it long enough, my eye will focus on the inclusions. At almost $12k, I don't want that to be strongest feeling about my stone. I would keep looking for sure! Did you see some of the chunky pears on Grace's site? Those are gorgeous!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
I did see some chunky on grace site but none had the size, at least last time I checked within the price range. Is there something you recommend either in grace or James Allen? Thank you for your input.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
what is your budget?

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Soxfan, thank you. My Budget is 15k so what you send over is beautiful but is over budget. I am obsessed with finger coverage, that is my problem!

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soxfan, thank you. My Budget is 15k so what you send over is beautiful but is over budget. I am obsessed with finger coverage, that is my problem!

Hold tight:) Checking into it for you.....

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thank you Soxfan. I presume your sentiment re. The. James Allen stone is the same as LlJsmom? --- no go?

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Soxfan. I presume your sentiment re. The. James Allen stone is the same as LlJsmom? --- no go?

No on that stone- The inclusions would drive me insane and an I1 is VERY hard to resell if you decide to. If you can get the one I posted for $15k, I'd consider it. And other opinions are welcome on it too!!! I love antique pears- they just have so much more personality!

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Soxfan. It's always good to keep perspective for resale down the road should that happen. I am so into the size that I just temporarily wanted to look other ways on clarity! Thanks for confirming a bad decision and prevent it:).

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Soxfan. It's always good to keep perspective for resale down the road should that happen. I am so into the size that I just temporarily wanted to look other ways on clarity! Thanks for confirming a bad decision and prevent it:).

I am a BIG fan of halos for bumping up size. My pear in my avatar is a 1.59, but my halo really makes it look huge! Here it is without the halo- it's like 8.81x7.09 I think: 13502567_485684008302065_772459986718446762_o.jpg

diamondlove123

Shiny_Rock
Soxfan, beautiful chubby pear! Love it. My 2 rings I have are both haloed... so I wish for a solitaire this time. But I do love chubby pears! I will keep looking.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results