shape
carat
color
clarity

My husband lost his wedding ring

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ironically a day after our anniversary :(( We have searched high and low to no avail, it is insured but he is having a hard time with the sentimentality and timing of this.

So if you can say a prayer or send some dust that it will be found I would be very thankful.

Q

Queenie60

I agree with Mary Poppins - pray to St. Anthony. Don't feel to bad - my husband has lost 3 wedding rings throughout our 28 year marriage. I hope you find it - wishing you the best.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:(sad sorry to hear!! Hope it turns up soon!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ohh that sucks, been through it. Mine went walkabout last year and never showed up again, I hope you and the husband are luckier than I am!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephanieLynn|1489852605|4141537 said:
Ironically a day after our anniversary :(( We have searched high and low to no avail, it is insured but he is having a hard time with the sentimentality and timing of this.

So if you can say a prayer or send some dust that it will be found I would be very thankful.

Awww, it's sweet that he's sentimental about the ring. The timing does suck but if it doesn't show up, and once he gets over the emotion of the loss, ya'll get to shop for new bling and that can be a good thing :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it turns up...sending lots of "locator" dust!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you and your DH lots of dust. Hope you find it!

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is the ring search coming along? I hope it's back on his finger by now.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How is the ring search coming along? I hope it's back on his finger by now.

Mary, thank you for asking unfortunately no luck so far but we are still looking on and off. He is convinced it will turn up in time.

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I hope he's right & it does turn up!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stranger things have happened! It may just turn up especially if he lost it in or around the house. I'm impressed he can get it on and off. Can't say the same for myself! :cry:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Puppmom that was actually the issue he couldn't keep it on because he has lost weight since we married and so he had tape wrapped around the bottom. Classy right? Well I guess the tape was coming loose so he thinks he took it off so he wouldn't lose it but has no idea what he did with it. Really it's all a bit humorous to me and I think he is able to laugh about it a bit now too!

I'm looking everywhere, today I checked the shoes, last week I was examining dog poop to see if one of the dogs may have swallowed it. It has to be somewhere.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh.

So, the ring is still missing, last night DH finally said to go ahead and put a claim in for it. I used to work at the agency that insures us and although we always told customers that claims were to be avoided at all costs, jewelry claims were not considered as adverse.

Well apparently times have changed because when I called this morning to file a claim the representative told me it would be replaced at an agreed value amount and that our premium will probably go up :angryfire:. Here I am on the other side of the fence totally outraged because we have been paying the extra premium to insure our jewelry and it might still raise our rates. Mind you we have never put a claim in for 13 years we have lived in this house, even after the water heater went in the middle of the night, ice dams during the horrible blizzards, we took care of all of it on our own.

I'm dreading telling DH, he is going to be livid and of course I've been telling him that it's no big deal, we can just replace it with the insurance money etc. I didn't know about Jewelers Mutual or consider having a separate jewelry policy because all I ever knew was just scheduling it on your home policy. Now though I will need to look into taking all the jewelry off the rider since there is no point in giving them money and then not being able to recoup in the event of a loss.

I'm not sure where to go from here. Considering that we need to pay off a $2,000 surgery bill from our dog last year and are working on paying off our debt, buying a new ring out of pocket will really be a hardship. This is just so upsetting:cry:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much was the ring? Just want to make sure it's worth putting the claim in for.

Also, what is your DH's ring size? Maybe we can find you a killer deal!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much was the ring? Just want to make sure it's worth putting the claim in for.

Also, what is your DH's ring size? Maybe we can find you a killer deal!

Hey Pinto!

It was insured for $2860, we bought it from Zales (you know before we knew better!) and I don't know why it is insured for so much because they still sell the exact ring:

https://m.zales.com/mens-diamond-five-stone-band-10k-two-tone-gold/product.jsp?productId=11514394

I'm not sure of his ring size at the moment but he likes the bling factor so something similar to what he had diamond size wise.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cancel the claim (if you can) You likely have a deductible and your premiums will go up. And they'll count it toward the "three strikes you're out".

Eff that. Be self-insured for this one, and yes, get a separate policy for jewelry.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cancel the claim (if you can) You likely have a deductible and your premiums will go up. And they'll count it toward the "three strikes you're out".

Eff that. Be self-insured for this one, and yes, get a separate policy for jewelry.

Thanks ringo, I didn't put the claim in, after speaking to my agent and finding out it would count against me I told her to forget it.

Already got quotes for a separate policy for the jewelry, should have done that years ago. Live and learn I guess:wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results