shape
carat
color
clarity

Fiancee unhappy with my completed ring? help please.

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
hey everyone,

Remember me? I am the guy that had the thread of handmade ring replicating my girlfriend's tats and the one with the rock & roll carnival theme wedding this summer.

So, she has worked very hard to design a unique wedding ring for me. She went with the same father & son that completed her gorgeous ring. My fiancee told me today she is not 100% happy with the final outcome! Oh no. I am curious because my ring is seemingly far less complicated than her's. How to proceed? I asked are touch ups etc. required? Seems she is talking redo! Oh my...

I am confused. Does she owe our guy $ for his original material and time or does he simply re-obtain platinum and start over, perhaps only charging for the new material on top of the original, agreed upon price? I have not seen a single pic as I want this to be a surprise so I apologize if I am unable to post pics. This is all the info I have at this time. I feel flattered she is working this hard for me but also bummed out because I don't want frustration to ensue on either side.

All she said was she was surprised no 3d images or prelim. pics were shared with her and there was one or two things she wished were done differently. C'mon pricescopers! you have served me so well. let the insight begin. :)

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Ok. I just saw the pics and it seems one half is done correctly and the other not! One design came out well and has good detail but the other side; fonts are not equal size, the scrol lwork does not look properly proportioned to my eyes at least.
I feel that one person with the proper skill (?) did one side and then another person completed it? I don't know.

My fiancee stated our ring builder made some minor changes without consulting her and she said she would've felt better if he called and they agreed on a less intricate detail. She did not see any pics of the final design before completion. :(

I just feel his work and communication with me was better.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You go back to them explain why you are unhappy and ask them to fix it for you.

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
thanks, I appreciate the reply. I obviously figured that. I did consult my expert that posts here often and he stated under his trained eye it was a very unique piece which would be hard for most markets today to even make. He did not think the part in question was bad. Our builder already wrote back and is gonna spend next week to touch up etc. Our expert said if nothing can be done he thinks a CAD cast process would be the way to go for more sharper results since the current process we're doing is by hand.

thanks again.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
At first i thought you were going to say SHE was unhappy with the ring YOU worked so hard on and was horrified! :lol: Her ring is awesome.

Anyway, sounds like you're on the right track with the ring now, i can't wait to see the pictures once completed!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
thanks! I love this site! Everyone has been so supportive and insightful.

oh, and heck no! she loves her ring and it gets positive attention everywhere we go. :)
which is why we were taken aback a little since my band is less intricate in design than hers yet made by the same people.
I could post pics once it's done but I don't think I even get it til July wedding.

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
ok. so we called our jewelry designer and he apologized the ring was not done 100% to my fiancee's liking. He's going to spend another week on it and have it rectified. I sure hope it turns out as great as her's! Of the many things I learned, I know once you keep messing with a ring's design or sizing it can compromise the piece overall so I am not all for any more work on it after this. Here's hoping it goes as well as my fiancee's amazing ring! fingers crossed.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
I hope that everything works out! I love her ring and am excited to see yours!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
thanks everyone! Got the final ring pics the other day and it really does look much better. The offending part is now sharper & more detailed and the fonts are equally sized. My fiancee is happy and I knew our guys could get it done! :) She told me I can only wear it around the house to break in but not outside until after the wedding?! I dunno if this restricts me from posting pics. ha ha? I was pretty excited to show it off..

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We want the pictures! We won't be at your wedding to see it immediately so surely you can share them. :saint:

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, and the ring can stay inside!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm chiming in to request pictures! I love how much effort you two have put into each other's rings!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
To quote many who have gone before: "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PHOTOS!"

Wink

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hahaha! Have to agree. Need pics!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
ok ok! Love my Pricescopers. I pick it up the week of April 10th so I will just sneak some in here :) And yes, she was adamant that I wear at home to 'break in' and then in public after the wedding. I don't get it, but ok. She stated since it's not a proposal and men get it during the wedding day.

Thanks for understanding. Be patient and I will post some.

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Thanks for you patience! Here are some pics of my ring I picked up yesterday. I now know how all of you feel; Staring at it, being extra careful, etc.

jeff ring 1.JPG

jeff ring 2.JPG

jeff ring 3.jpg

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
It was challenging to get all the details based on lighting etc. but I think everyone will get a nice idea ;-) I am so happy and flattered my fiancee worked this hard for me. However, I don't get to wear it out until the wedding. Thanks for all the support! :)

Kbell

Shiny_Rock
Premium
What a great ring! Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kbell.
I never wore a ring before so I am slowly getting used to the feel. I was told to keep it off when I play music and obviously when doing any bike work. I won't shower with it, either. Off to add it to ring insurance policy....

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG!!! This is an amazing and unique ring!!! I totally love it!! Congratulations on your upcoming wedding:appl::appl::appl:

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! the engraving is lovely.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous band! LOVE it and I showed my dh and he loves it too. Congratulations on your engagement!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful and very unique!

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
Never seen a ring like it! It looks great.

jseconds77

Rough_Rock
Thank you all for the continued support!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Very unusual.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The engraving is beautiful, I'm so glad for you that the jeweler came through! Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. :)

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool band!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results