shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab Created Diamonds

Brian6560

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I am curious as to a great place to buy MMD similar to this website. Does anyone know of a honest diamond wholesale website that sells MMDs? If PriceScope does, I have yet to understand how to set the filter to lab created diamonds only.

I found: 0.95 Carat, Super Ideal cut, G color, and VS2 clarity (graded by IGI) Round shaped diamond for $3500. I would like to know if this is a reasonably priced, good looking diamond.

Thanks,
Brian

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Brian,

Please ignore our resident troll. The website linked to is trying to sell you their diamonds. There are many factors that go into the cost of a diamond; even the exact same diamond can be had for less at a discount jeweler than at a full service jeweler. And when I say exact same, I mean it--the exact same rock.

Unfortunately jewelers are not making it easy to find lab diamonds. You will not have the selection that you would with mined diamonds.

D.NEA, who posts here occasionally, can help you.
Miadonna is a full service jeweler who sells a lot of lab diamonds.
Good Old Gold has a handful of super ideal cut diamonds and can probably get you more. They have their own page.
http://www.goodoldgold.com/lab-grown
Brilliant Earth dominates the market, for better or for worse.

Before you accept that the stone you are looking at is a super ideal, you should read the general information on PS about evaluating cut quality. You will need measurements to even begin to evaluate. I would also prefer a GCAL graded stone to an IGI stone. But if you want a super ideal without going to much trouble, check the Good Old Gold page.

By the way, I found a 1.03 G VS2 lab diamond on the Gold Old Gold page for $4,552, and the comparable mined diamonds ranged from $6,979 to $7,331. If you are worried that these stones might not be comparable to an IGI diamond, call GOG and ask them.

Brian6560

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the detailed response! I will definitely check out these websites! :read:

ChristineRose

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good Old Gold only sells a handful of lab stones. There are very few lab stones sold second hand, but my general impression is that the resale prices are comparable. For example, you can expect to get 10% for a middling cut/color/clarity stone without a good certificate sold at a pawn shop for cash for gold, and you can get as much as 75% for an AGS 000 if you sell it privately and are patient.

Identity-Diamonds

Rough_Rock
Hi!
I'm a little late to the party, but nonetheless I was curious as to wether you went ahead with the 0.95ct, or not?
And in my opinion, $3500 sounded like a fair price :)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
I highly recommend buying directly from D.NEA diamonds. I have dealt with them multiple times and Eric is just great!

If you go to their site you can search the diamonds directly.
'Good luck and please keep us posted.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results