carat
color
clarity

Fair price 2 sell fncy yellow diamond Michael Christoff ring

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock
Re: Fair price 2 sell fncy yellow diamond Michael Christoff

soberguy|1429114778|3862311 said:
If you go that route, return to the place of purchase and ask if you can trade it in for something else, or perhaps get store credit toward a future purchase.
That's actually a great idea. I live on the east coast, but I'm in LA about a quarter of the year. I will definitely stop in there and talk to them about that next time I'm in town.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

danielxlin|1429114947|3862313 said:
Just from a quick google search "Beverly Hills Jewelers" has some troubling negative reviews on Google reviews and Yelp. Misrepresentation of treated diamonds, etc. I have no idea if these allegations are true.

To be safe I would still assume the diamond is irradiated until otherwise verified by a credible authority.
Whatever

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

Just from a quick google search "Beverly Hills Jewelers" has some troubling negative reviews on Google reviews and Yelp. Misrepresentation of treated diamonds, etc. I have no idea if these allegations are true.

To be safe I would still assume the diamond is irradiated until otherwise verified by a credible authority.

If it's actually from THE Beverly Hills Jewelers on Beverly, OP should be very cautious.

This place is known to be disreputable and they run those ads like 'Kevin Jewelers' on local LA TV. They would be considered a worse jewelry store than Jared's, by knowledgeable locals.

Hopefully it is from another jeweler in BH.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

http://www.yelp.com/biz/beverly-hills-jewelers-beverly-hills
I don't know what you're looking at but they have 4.5 out of 5 stars on yelp. Thanks for trying to dig the internet to discredit my ring

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

Diamondboy11685|1429115516|3862323 said:

I don't know what you're looking at but they have 4.5 out of 5 stars on yelp. Thanks for trying to dig the internet to discredit my ring

You do realize that Yelp ratings are manufactured based on payments to Yelp, right?

To get a real sense of a business' reviews, click '30 other reviews that are not currently recommended' at the bottom of the reviews. These are reviews where they paid to have the info removed, or they tried to post phony 5-star reviews to boost ratings. Many 1-star ratings and many fake ratings they tried to post, but were blocked by Yelp's spam detection.

Sorry to hear that this is where the ring originated (it still may a great ring, after all, just sold at a sub-optimal store). This place is a bad store and it is widely known in the area - that is their reputation.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

RockyRacoon|1429115833|3862327 said:

You do realize that Yelp ratings are manufactured based on payments to Yelp, right?

To get a real sense of a business' reviews, click '30 other reviews that are not currently recommended.' These are reviews where they paid to have the info removed, or they tried to post phony 5-star reviews to boost ratings. Many 1-star ratings and many fake ratings they tried to post.

Sorry to hear that this is where the ring originated. This place is a bad store and it is widely known in the area - that is their reputation.

I don't know why anyone is sorry about anything. This is just a ring that sits in my jewelry box collecting dust. Its a very pretty stone and ring though just too small for my taste. I had a 10 second call with my partner from Japan and he said Beverly Hills Jewelers I think. So honestly, he could have gotten it anywhere in Beverly Hills. I won't know for sure until I see him on Saturday. I do know that I have trained my partner to ask about treatments and such when purchasing diamonds many years ago. So he wouldn't buy a diamond anything without having full disclosure on said piece.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock

Diamondboy11685|1429116295|3862329 said:
RockyRacoon|1429115833|3862327 said:

To get a real sense of a business' reviews, click '30 other reviews that are not currently recommended.' These are reviews where they paid to have the info removed, or they tried to post phony 5-star reviews to boost ratings. Many 1-star ratings and many fake ratings they tried to post.

Sorry to hear that this is where the ring originated. This place is a bad store and it is widely known in the area - that is their reputation.

I don't know why anyone is sorry about anything. This is just a ring that sits in my jewelry box collecting dust. Its a very pretty stone and ring though just too small for my taste. I had a 10 second call with my partner from Japan and he said Beverly Hills Jewelers I think. So honestly, he could have gotten it anywhere in Beverly Hills. I won't know for sure until I see him on Saturday. I do know that I have trained my partner to ask about treatments and such when purchasing diamonds many years ago. So he wouldn't buy a diamond anything without having full disclosure on said piece.

You are probably good, then!

There are so many jewelers in BH, many of them very respectable. If he is experienced at purchasing stones, he never would have set foot inside Beverly Hills Jewelers, so that is good to know. If you are able to find out where it came from, the suggestions here of going back to see if you might be able to get some credit, might be the best option for maximizing your return.

Best of luck!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock

Another route you could consider to sell your pieces is through consignment. Vendors like Jewels by Grace, Love Affair Diamonds (LAD), and GoodOldGold would be good places to consider and to discuss pricing.

Kroshka

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

kroshka|1429116599|3862334 said:
Another route you could consider to sell your pieces is through consignment. Vendors like Jewels by Grace, Love Affair Diamonds (LAD), and GoodOldGold would be good places to consider and to discuss pricing.

Kroshka
Good idea, what kind of percentage do those kind of consignees usually collect?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You came here stating that you wanted to know a fair price and then have put down several people who have asked questions or brought up points which may affect what a fair price is. You may not know yet if you want to sell or not, but all the questions that people are here are asking and all the points that they are bring up will be the same questions and points that your potential buyers will bring up.

For consignment -
Good Old Gold 10-50% www.goodoldgold.com/consignyourdiamond.html
Jewels By Grace 15% or $375 minimum www.jewelsbygrace.com/consignments
Love Affair Diamonds roughly 5-15% depending on the price of the item www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/consignment-services/

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

Rhea|1429118057|3862348 said:
You came here stating that you wanted to know a fair price and then have put down several people who have asked questions or brought up points which may affect what a fair price is. You may not know yet if you want to sell or not, but all the questions that people are here are asking and all the points that they are bring up will be the same questions and points that your potential buyers will bring up.

For consignment -
Good Old Gold 10-50% www.goodoldgold.com/consignyourdiamond.html
Jewels By Grace 15% or $375 minimum www.jewelsbygrace.com/consignments
Love Affair Diamonds roughly 5-15% depending on the price of the item www.loveaffairdiamonds.com/consignment-services/
I simply just wanted to know hypothetically, if everything was what I was told it was. What is the average price it would go for. I haven't put anyone down personally. So I'm not sure what you mean there, but thank you for the links

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good luck to you. I hope you get some $$$ you can put toward something that's better suited to you and that you really enjoy!

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

motownmama|1429120545|3862370 said:
Good luck to you. I hope you get some $$$ you can put toward something that's better suited to you and that you really enjoy!
Thanks, Motownmama! I like that name :appl:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am sorry you feel anyone is attacking you, hopefully that was not their aim. I think get the ring certified so you and any potential buyers know exactly what it is and all parties have a reasonable expectation of price..... then list it on Loupetroop or DiamondBistro and be prepared to negotiate. If you don't like dealing with people who haggle then send it to Grace at Jewels by Grace or Erica at Love Affair Diamonds.

Taking it back to where you bought it as a partial exchange or credit on something else is a great suggestion as well. Goodluck with your sale.

Diamondboy11685

Shiny_Rock

arkieb1|1429143234|3862557 said:
I am sorry you feel anyone is attacking you, hopefully that was not their aim. I think get the ring certified so you and any potential buyers know exactly what it is and all parties have a reasonable expectation of price..... then list it on Loupetroop or DiamondBistro and be prepared to negotiate. If you don't like dealing with people who haggle then send it to Grace at Jewels by Grace or Erica at Love Affair Diamonds.

Taking it back to where you bought it as a partial exchange or credit on something else is a great suggestion as well. Goodluck with your sale.
Thank you. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results