shape
carat
color
clarity

What's going on with DanielM?

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
I'm probably just adding to the confusion :(sad but for whatever reason DanielM did just ship out a piece for me. I don't know why my piece got shipped when the OP's hasn't, but I just wanted to report that they have at least started to ship some finished things out.

koolchicken

Shiny_Rock
@VirginiaZee, I don't think it's adding confusion. If anything it's offering a ray of hope, however small.

I just really hope he does what he says he's going to do. Because if he doesn't I'll be happy to go as far as the Massachusetts police. He's in Salem, just down the street from my mother. I come from a long line of MA cops- my complaint will not be ignored. He can either finish the pieces and ship them out, or he can refund my deposit and return my stones. And I'd feel truly sorry for him if both are gone. I will press charges.

All I know is that I'm not going to do business with him again. Because even if things get back on track, I don't have a crystal ball. I can't know if they'll ever have some sort of family crisis again. And if this is how they handle such situations they you can sure bet they'll do it again. Regardless what he says about customer service being a priority for them. They have not put the customer first in this situation. People who want him to make something for him would have been happy to wait if they put up a sign saying they were away and not taking on new orders due to personal reasons. I know I would have happily waited for them to sort things out. But to continue accepting business when they were already in over their heads is irresponsible.

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I haven't been on PS for a while and was surprised when I saw this thread.
I am a relative newbie and choose Daniel M to set a couple of stones for me in June based on reviews and pictures I had seen on PS at that time. I have to say, my order was completed rather quickly and they communicated very well with me. They let me know they had received my stones on June 3 and my order was complete and shipped back to me on June 12. My order was pretty basic, they removed a stone from a eBay setting I owned and placed that stone in one of their custom u-prong settings. They also set a different stone I had sent them into my eBay setting. I was quite happy with the whole experience and their pricing. I just thought I would share this so you know that not everyone has had a bad experience with them lately. I hope those of you who are having problems get everything resolved soon.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Huh. I'm glad that others are getting their stuff, but GEEZ... Why won't they finish mine?!

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1407987521|3732017 said:
Huh. I'm glad that others are getting their stuff, but GEEZ... Why won't they finish mine?!

So frustrating!! :angryfire:

I just don't understand how they can do this.

koolchicken

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I agree with you Kelli. I mean I knew my order was going to take a long time. I wanted several things done. But three months without a single email? Ummm, no.

Now I'm a patient person. I did wait months for a response. I knew for a fact he was busy as I was told they were. And I believe on two occasions he mentioned they were going away somewhere. How much of that is true I don't know. But between February and August it's not unreasonable to think a person might take a holiday or two. My problem is that it is not difficult to send a quick email once every two to three weeks just to let you know they are working on your items. Or that they have a lot of orders and you're number X on the list and moving up. I don't need weekly emails and photos, those eat into time that could be spent working on my (and others) items. Just a heads up when there's been progress.

After I emailed them the first time on Sunday, I waited two days with no reply. Then I came on here and saw this thread. So I emailed him again letting him know I saw the discussion here, and I wanted answers or I was turing him into Paypal and Etsy. I got a response within hours. Really? So we know they're reading the emails they receive. They're just picking and choosing who to respond to and that's not okay.
I still really, truly hope they have my photos for me on Friday. I do not like threatening people to get things done, mostly because I've never made a threat I didn't make good on. All I know is that my stuff better be in the mail by next week finished or not.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2Neezers|1407987180|3732013 said:
I am a relative newbie and choose Daniel M to set a couple of stones for me in June based on reviews and pictures I had seen on PS at that time. I have to say, my order was completed rather quickly and they communicated very well with me. They let me know they had received my stones on June 3 and my order was complete and shipped back to me on June 12. My order was pretty basic, they removed a stone from a eBay setting I owned and placed that stone in one of their custom u-prong settings. They also set a different stone I had sent them into my eBay setting. I was quite happy with the whole experience and their pricing. I just thought I would share this so you know that not everyone has had a bad experience with them lately. I hope those of you who are having problems get everything resolved soon.

Wow! While it is very nice for 2Neezers that her projects were undertaken in June with less-than-2-week turnaround time, and apparently done to her satisfaction [and, 2Neezers, I do mean that sincerely], Daniel's choice to "jump the queue" and cherry-pick projects to work on, is so unprofessional and basically a huge slap in the face to his other customers, some of whom have been waiting 6+ months at this point for their projects to be done.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
marymm|1408030651|3732319 said:

Wow! While it is very nice for 2Neezers that her projects were undertaken in June with less-than-2-week turnaround time, and apparently done to her satisfaction [and, 2Neezers, I do mean that sincerely], Daniel's choice to "jump the queue" and cherry-pick projects to work on, is so unprofessional and basically a huge slap in the face to his other customers, some of whom have been waiting 6+ months at this point for their projects to be done.

+1 +1 +1

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
digdeep|1408038662|3732414 said:
marymm|1408030651|3732319 said:

+1 +1 +1

I agree with what you are saying and would be very upset if I was in the shoes of those of you have been ignored and have been left waiting for so long. I wasn't defending them, but just wanted to share my recent experience since it was very different than what others have had. I can see now that I may have unknowingly added fuel to the fire! I have no idea why my order was turned around so quickly. Maybe because it was a simple silver u-prong setting and a re-setting of a stone??? I don't really know. I do hope you all get your orders or refunds soon.

koolchicken

Shiny_Rock
@2Neezers, I'm willing to bet that's exactly why you got your order so quickly. I on the other hand had six different things being made. Some were like yours, very simple. A pair of studs going into Stuller settings, and one of their halo pendants for example. Others were a bit more complicated, custom making me a new peg head, and replicating a setting they had made for someone else. Then there's the extremely complicated, a a custom pendant with leaves and nine 2mm side stones. But I should have been contacted between when I sent them the stones in May and now.

And for the record, I would have been happy to keep on waiting if the communication had been good. I know my order was bound to take a while. But it would have been nice to hear every so often "Oh the studs are finished, we're about to start on your ring!" or "We've made your halo pendant, here are some quick shots." or even "We're having some personal issues, and we've gotten a bit backed up. It'll be another few weeks/months before we can get to your pieces but we'll keep you updated". And it's like I said initially. I thought that they are busy and it was possible they had simply forgotten about me and my stones were just sitting on the bottom of their "to do" pile. But to come here and realize that I wasn't alone is just not okay.

Anyways sorry I sound so angry and I'm basically just ranting. But as I know all of you must understand. It's hard having the rug just pulled out from under you. It's even more difficult when that shock is accompanied by the potential loss of the first stone I ever purchased. As well as a number of other special stones. I mean they have my ametrine. Admittedly it's not a particularly valuable stone, but it was really special to me and I'll never be able to replace it. Most of the stones I sent him were like that. So it's hard to think they may be gone. I mean it's great other people are getting their stuff back. But I haven't heard from them since May.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2neezers, I am not 'mad' at you! While this has been a difficult thread it is the actions (or inaction) of this business that adds fuel to the 'fire'. Koolchicken........it doesn't matter the retail value of your gems.....for all of us they hold an emotional investment as well as a financial investment and that is the basis of any jewelry business. The business is entrusted with what we love--so yes, emotions go hand in hand when we send our gems to be worked on. I hope that PS members will continue to update this situation. If for no other reason than to hear that those who have had their work go MIA, may be reunited with their gems/jewelry--obviously the sooner the better, but that is clearly up to DanielM.

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Surprise, surprise! Friday came and went, and… NOTHING. I emailed saying as much and got a response that he needed a few more days to engrave them. Engraving them has been all they've needed since April. :rolleyes:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
So, stupid question. How do I go about contacting Etsy and/or Paypal? It seems as though they make it awfully difficult to just speak with someone about what's going on. I've never been the type to do something like that, but now I'm really pissed.

And I want to add that all I even ordered were a few of the "precious paws" sets. They're necklaces and earrings with a paw print and the dogs' names engraved on them. Tell me how in the world that can't be finished in almost seven months' time?!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Ok… I looked on my actual computer and think I found what I needed. Sorry for the dumb question:)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
not a dumb question, Kelly. I'm just sorry you need to ask it. This whole thing is not only disappointing, but mysterious.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good Luck Kelli........ :wall: And these tokens are getting a workout in this thread! :angryfire:

VirginiaZee

Shiny_Rock
Good luck Kelli... so sorry this has turned into such a headache. :wall:

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh Kelli, that is crazy!!! I actually almost ordered the precious paws necklace myself and am now glad I didn't. I can't imagine why it would take so long to deliver that product. If you paid for your deposit with a credit card you should be able to contact the credit card company to dispute the transaction and get a refund without too much trouble.

By the way, if you are looking for something to order to replace the paw necklace/earrings, I have ordered customized paw pieces from these two people and have been very happy.

This lady is super nice and should be able to customize something similar to what you had originally ordered. Her necklaces are probably my favorite for everyday wear and she is very pleasant to work with.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/52899043/personalized-pet-lover-necklace?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=Dog

I have ordered a paw keychain and a couple of other pieces from these people. My husband has used the keychain for a couple of years now and it looks like new. I think they work with pewter though and I'm not sure if that would be something you would be interested in.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KDemARTe/search?search_query=Pet&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search

Good luck!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks guys, and 2neezers I will definitely look into those since I couldn't get these finished. When he told me he needed a few more days I told him I didn't understand why my order was not a priority to him, and that I just wanted my refund. He said he would issue it that night (which was Friday and I haven't seen it yet, but I don't know if those things might take a few days). Hopefully he will make good on that and I won't have to go further to paypal!

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
You have 45 days after a purchase to open a dispute with Paypal, I'm afraid it may be too late to go that route. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection-resolution

I'd like to think he will issue you a refund eventually, why he is dragging his feet is a mystery though. At the very least this thread should remain on the first page until you receive your refund.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Kelli|1408368950|3734745 said:
Thanks guys, and 2neezers I will definitely look into those since I couldn't get these finished. When he told me he needed a few more days I told him I didn't understand why my order was not a priority to him, and that I just wanted my refund. He said he would issue it that night (which was Friday and I haven't seen it yet, but I don't know if those things might take a few days). Hopefully he will make good on that and I won't have to go further to paypal!

Kelli, refunds from Paypal usually only take a few minutes to an hour to show up. He simply hasn't done it yet. It appears he isn't being honest in anything he says right now- very disappointing. You have been waaaaay more patient than I would have been. Contact Paypal anyway- by phone- and explain the situation. I have found them very receptive in trying to help the buyer. I ran into a problem with a perfume split and they took care of it for me. Also- contact Etsy. I don't think they'll do anything to help you, unfortunately, but maybe they'll close his shop and prevent other people from sending funds or gems and not getting their products.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
2Neezers|1408240376|3733992 said:
Oh my gosh Kelli, that is crazy!!! I actually almost ordered the precious paws necklace myself and am now glad I didn't. I can't imagine why it would take so long to deliver that product. If you paid for your deposit with a credit card you should be able to contact the credit card company to dispute the transaction and get a refund without too much trouble.

By the way, if you are looking for something to order to replace the paw necklace/earrings, I have ordered customized paw pieces from these two people and have been very happy.

This lady is super nice and should be able to customize something similar to what you had originally ordered. Her necklaces are probably my favorite for everyday wear and she is very pleasant to work with.
https://www.etsy.com/listing/52899043/personalized-pet-lover-necklace?ref=shop_home_active_1&ga_search_query=Dog

I have ordered a paw keychain and a couple of other pieces from these people. My husband has used the keychain for a couple of years now and it looks like new. I think they work with pewter though and I'm not sure if that would be something you would be interested in.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/KDemARTe/search?search_query=Pet&order=date_desc&view_type=gallery&ref=shop_search

Good luck!
Hey, 2Neezers!! Love your avatar! off topic, but I have a chocolate Neezer myself! Love, love, love my little Hav! :love: :love: :love: Aren't they just the best? I used to go to the National, but haven't been for a couple of years. So many adorable little neezers under one roof are almost too much cuteness to handle-lol.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
GregS|1408372246|3734785 said:
You have 45 days after a purchase to open a dispute with Paypal, I'm afraid it may be too late to go that route. https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/security/buyer-protection-resolution

I'd like to think he will issue you a refund eventually, why he is dragging his feet is a mystery though. At the very least this thread should remain on the first page until you receive your refund.

FYI- Paypal once let me open a dispute well over 45 days and it was resolved in my favor.

megthered

Rough_Rock
Paypal will work with you to get your refund. They were excellent when I had a problem with a vendor. I don't know about Etsy, but I would contact them and alert them to the problem, at least to keep others from having this problem.
I would have contacted an attorney and had him in small claims court by now. It is totally unacceptable and probably criminal what he is doing. He might have thousands of dollars of peoples cash and stones and that is a criminal offense. Stop being nice and giving him the benefit of the doubt. He is possibly trying to steal from you, he doesn't deserve it.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I thing going to Paypal is a good idea. Maybe that will wake them up. No, I can't go for their trying purposely to steal from anyone; many of us have worked with them for years & they've been honest & done a good job. Whatever is going on, it's not purposeful dishonesty. Probably they are either hoping things will improve & they can get back to normal, or they don't yet want to admit they never will.

It's time to get tough enough to get your money & stones back, everyone who has unfinished work. Concerning people who have done well in the past & may be going through an unhappy time, I don't think accusations of theft are appropriate or accurate when nobody knows what the situation is.

--- Laurie

megthered

Rough_Rock
If they were acting professionally, they would have refunded the money and returned the stones by now. They are avoiding emails, that is not a good sign. Yes you have done business with them before, with no problems, but something has happened. If they were honorable they would explain the problem and refund and return work not done. They are choosing, purposely choosing, to ignore questions and deflect criticism of the company by doing small, fast jobs. This behavior is not honorable and all of you who are letting him get away with it only makes the problem worse.
As I said before, I have no dog in this hunt, so I'll let it go. I just hate to see you all taken advantage of by your kindness.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli- I'm so sorry for your ordeal, I hope you get some sort of resolution soon! this is gone on way too long and you are super nice about it.

FYI I contacted them back in late April/May, and I received an email after you started this thread to ask me if I was still interested in creating a project with them. I'm glad I worked with someone else, and my project was completed before they even replied :rolleyes:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! You'll be glad to hear that my refund did show up today. I know others have stones out with them and I sincerely hope you all either get your projects completed or your stones and deposits returned to you. As for me I certainly won't be ordering from them again, but I do hope they straighten out whatever is going on. Just such a strange situation. Good luck!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli,
Very relieved that you got your money back.

To others,
I think you have to be very insistent and proactive if you want your money and stones back the way Kelli did. Email DM every week outlining your expectations and also make it very clear what you will do if you do not get a response within the week.

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear, Kelli.............this has been a painful thread to watch/read for those who patronized this vendor.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results