shape
carat
color
clarity

Refund Problems with D3luxe/Luxe and the owner Yosef Adde

raftandi

Rough_Rock
Re: Refund Problems with D3luxe/Luxe and the owner Yosef Add

DMD, I definitely see your point on not sharing too much. Yosef has clearly been scamming people for years. One other suggestion is to update your complaint to the BBB. After posting a complaint myself, I saw yours and his response stating that you'd be paid in August. Clearly that hasn't happened. I think you need to limit your update to complaints and not mention pending litigation, as they won't post that.

Also, does anyone know of a way to send private messages on this site? I think there is a policy here of not posting email addresses, but I'd like to share mine with the OP to share info on Yosef and where to serve him, etc.

raftandi

Rough_Rock

DMD, I definitely see your point on not sharing too much. Yosef has clearly been scamming people for years. One other suggestion is to update your complaint to the BBB. After posting a complaint myself, I saw yours and his response stating that you'd be paid in August. Clearly that hasn't happened. I think you need to limit your update to complaints and not mention pending litigation, as they won't post that.

Also, does anyone know of a way to send private messages on this site? I think there is a policy here of not posting email addresses, but I'd like to share mine with the OP to share info on Yosef and where to serve him, etc.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm, there is no way to do private messages, but since he just bought a diamond from Good Old Gold, perhaps under these very special circumstances they would be kind enough to send your email address to him. They could identify who he is through the diamond he bought and linked here. Maybe wait until after the holidays so that GOG would not be so swamped.

Another option would be to message the administrators of this site and explain the special circumstances and ask them if they would consider sending him your email address. You can reach them by clicking the "report concern" button.

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock

Or maybe OP can create a DB acct and link to there for contact info?

raftandi

Rough_Rock

Thanks to both of you. Good suggestions all around.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

raftandi|1324231974|3084045 said:

Thanks! And to others for the suggestions about how to contact each other. It is fine with me if the admins give you my email address, so maybe that would work? And thanks everyone for the support.

wbarnwell

Shiny_Rock

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but does anyone know if there was any closure to this situation? I would love to know.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock

So would I :)

MickeyandMinnie

Rough_Rock

I wish I had come upon this years ago when I could have helped you. I was linked up by a friend. I knew Yosef for years, and one of the reasons that I stopped communicating with him was because of his shady nature in business (his 2010 bankruptcy was pre-planned and the vendors involved in the bankruptcy ended up losing a ton of money, while he kept the merchandise to resell on a newly created website.
He also operates under various names; including, but I'm sure not limited to Yosef Adde, Joseph Robbie, Joe Robbie.

You are correct about the porting of the numbers. He is a one man operation and every listed number is ported to a home and/or cell phone. The last message you received was because he was out of the office for his wedding (which I'm sure is where your money was spent.) http://dawhois.com/site/maryandyosef.com.html

Unfortunately, I'm quite sure he did not refund you because he did not have the money to do so. He always spent the funds from his sales even before they arrived. I'm sure it hasn't changed.

If you still would like to pursue this, feel free to contact me. I have ALL his information, including info on a fraudulent bankruptcy, his numerous websites, etc. He's been at this for years and I would love to see Karma catch up to him!

Von03

Shiny_Rock

My gosh... This thread has made my stomach ache & my heart hurt. I really hope this Yosef crook has had karma and the LAW, catch up to him. So sorry for all those involved that have been ripped off. I truly hope everyone gets back their money.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

MickeyandMinnie|1364026987|3411648 said:
I wish I had come upon this years ago when I could have helped you. I was linked up by a friend. I knew Yosef for years, and one of the reasons that I stopped communicating with him was because of his shady nature in business (his 2010 bankruptcy was pre-planned and the vendors involved in the bankruptcy ended up losing a ton of money, while he kept the merchandise to resell on a newly created website.
He also operates under various names; including, but I'm sure not limited to Yosef Adde, Joseph Robbie, Joe Robbie.

You are correct about the porting of the numbers. He is a one man operation and every listed number is ported to a home and/or cell phone. The last message you received was because he was out of the office for his wedding (which I'm sure is where your money was spent.) http://dawhois.com/site/maryandyosef.com.html

Unfortunately, I'm quite sure he did not refund you because he did not have the money to do so. He always spent the funds from his sales even before they arrived. I'm sure it hasn't changed.

If you still would like to pursue this, feel free to contact me. I have ALL his information, including info on a fraudulent bankruptcy, his numerous websites, etc. He's been at this for years and I would love to see Karma catch up to him!

Thank you, I would love to talk with you, if you ever come back and see this post. I see that you haven't visited for quite some time, and I too have not frequented this site since I finalized my engagement ring purchase.

Thanks also to others expressing sympathy for my plight, and for all of the support I received on this forum. After a while, I simply put this all to the side because it makes me so angry, and I did not want this cloud over my wedding. I'm happy to report that I did end up with a beautiful ring that my wife absolutely loves. We were engaged in February of 2012, and we had a beautiful wedding this August, followed by a wonderful honeymoon in Bora Bora. I had Brian Gavin set the GOG diamond referenced previously in a platinum fishtail pave ring with the Novela head. We had two custom platinum pave sidebands created by a local jeweler that collectively serve as the "wedding ring." I'll post pictures if I can remember how to share them on this forum.

Now for the bad news: I have not recovered a single cent from Yosef. I would rather not discuss the specific avenues I've pursued/am pursuing/plan to pursue any further on this open forum, but it suffices to say that I have spent significant time and money attempting to get even a portion of my money back. I put this issue aside to enjoy my engagement and wedding, but I have certainly not abandoned the fight. I can only hope that this thread served as a warning to other would-be victims. I know it must have had an impact, because Yosef tried very hard to convince me to retract all of my postings to this forum, and even told me that he wouldn't refund any money unless I signed a letter stating that he had done nothing wrong and that I understood the terms from the beginning...

In any case, just thought I'd come back here and say thank you again to everyone here for your support during this difficult time, as well as the extremely helpful input as I shopped for various diamonds until I made my final decision. Even though I had to buy two diamonds, the final product is as beautiful as I ever could have hoped, and the people and resources here made that possible.

And for those who just stumbled upon this very old thread, allow me to briefly summarize: Yosef Adde (doing business as at least D3luxe, Luxe, and likely several other names) accepted $20,500 from me by wire transfer for a diamond with the express understanding that I could return it for a refund if I didn't like it (I'm in Oregon, he's in California). Later the same day, I changed my mind about the stone, and told him to cancel the transaction. After indicating that a refund would take several weeks despite conflicting info from his own bank, after coming up with several other excuses, after changing the "terms" on his website, and after alternately being hostile and non-responsive, Yosef eventually took the position that I was entitled to zero refund. Mind you, I never received (or even saw) the stone in question. He stole this money from me, and I feel like an idiot for letting it happen. Please do not do business with this individual or his various enterprises.

Best,
Phil

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

I found this thread when I was checking out your new rings.

I had a similar experience with a vendor on etsy. (not a jewelry vendor) It was basically the same nightmare you've experienced. I paid for an item with a wire transfer and they gave me a "discount". Then they stalled on shipping for 60 days since it was a custom item. Long story short, I finally canceled my order after nine months and was promised a refund in 14 days. After waiting 14 business days, I was told that the vendor didn't have the money to refund. To this day I still haven't received a refund. I spent a lot of time writing terrible reviews and complained to BBB and the AG of both states involved. The vendor had the nerve to ask that I remove the negative reviews!

Lesson learned: I'll never do a wire transfer again. Life goes on and I'm broker but wiser.

(14 months later - I'm still pursuing legal measures to retrieve my money)

I hope you get your money back and the scumbag that did this to you suffers the consequences. If nothing else, I hope this will serve as a warning to others about the dangers of making a purchase without using a credit card or other safety measures.

dmd4ever

Shiny_Rock

iluvshinythings|1385574720|3564021 said:
I found this thread when I was checking out your new rings.

I had a similar experience with a vendor on etsy. (not a jewelry vendor) It was basically the same nightmare you've experienced. I paid for an item with a wire transfer and they gave me a "discount". Then they stalled on shipping for 60 days since it was a custom item. Long story short, I finally canceled my order after nine months and was promised a refund in 14 days. After waiting 14 business days, I was told that the vendor didn't have the money to refund. To this day I still haven't received a refund. I spent a lot of time writing terrible reviews and complained to BBB and the AG of both states involved. The vendor had the nerve to ask that I remove the negative reviews!

Lesson learned: I'll never do a wire transfer again. Life goes on and I'm broker but wiser.

(14 months later - I'm still pursuing legal measures to retrieve my money)

I hope you get your money back and the scumbag that did this to you suffers the consequences. If nothing else, I hope this will serve as a warning to others about the dangers of making a purchase without using a credit card or other safety measures.

Sounds horrible. Best of luck in your own struggle. I will be submitting reviews to the various sites I can find, and although that does nothing to get my money back, you're correct that it may serve as a warning to others, which provides some sense of gratification.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Hopefully this thread nad other reviews have cost him a lot more than the money he stole.

matt_Z

Rough_Rock

I came across this thread after I had begun discussing an engagement ring purchase from Yosef. I can't tell you enough how happy I am that I did not let this thread persuade me into looking elsewhere for a jeweler.

I had a very particular idea for a ring that I was looking for... I sent Yosef some ideas from things I had seen online, and he designed a beautiful setting -- better than I ever could have imagined.

Out of no fault of his own, the ring wasn't ready when my fiancee-to-be and I were leaving the states for vacation in Mexico -- a vacation I had planned a proposal around. We looked into ways to ship the ring to our resort when the ring was ready a day later, but couldn't find proper insurance to safely ship the ring with. Rather than shipping the ring high-risk without proper insurance, Yosef PERSONALLY FLEW TO MEXICO AND DELIVERED THE RING TO ME AT THE AIRPORT IN PERSON so that I could proceed with my proposal as planned, in Mexico. I can't say enough how grateful I was that he went out of his way and above and beyond to make this work. And, she said yes!

I'd recommend Yosef and Luxe Diamonds to anyone.

Here's a link with the post from May 29, 2014 showing a picture of Yosef and I at the Cabo airport.
https://www.facebook.com/LuxeWholesaleDiamonds

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Fishy story.

How do we know you aren't Yosef himself, or his friend/relative?

jillianfl

Shiny_Rock

Wow this is an incredible thread... Sounds like grand theft to me, it's been that long and no $$ back and order was canceled before shipped and never even received a diamond?!?! I can't believe the bank can't do more, can't it be classified as fraudulent somehow since this happened?

So if this reviewer above is real, and not his friend posing for some pics on a vacation--- that would mean that the Mexico special delivery would have been paid for by this poor guy who never got his money back for a diamond he never received!!! UNBELIEVABLE... Stunned that this happened to someone, glad there are trusted vendors on here and glad people can read this experience and decide for themselves who NOT to use in the future for their purchases.

Please post an update if you ever see your $$ again... I have read negative reviews about lots of places before, and I know not every place is going to have 100% positive reviews, but I have NEVER read anything like this happening, Glad you had a happy wedding in the end, thank you for sharing and opening my eyes for sure that this could even happen!

yasssss

Shiny_Rock

Praying that you get your money back somehow Phil!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matt, that's a fishy story. A diamond dealer, who has more than one customer, flying to Mexico to deliver a ring personally? Really? Unless you're one of few people in the world that has that kind of pull (Bono and his hat), your story is so over the top it's far from believable.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Crooks belong in JAIL!!! NO ONE with ANY sense whatsoever would deal with a known crook!!! He has stolen customers' money!!! :angryfire:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

matt_Z|1403050799|3695356 said:
I came across this thread after I had begun discussing an engagement ring purchase from Yosef. I can't tell you enough how happy I am that I did not let this thread persuade me into looking elsewhere for a jeweler.

I had a very particular idea for a ring that I was looking for... I sent Yosef some ideas from things I had seen online, and he designed a beautiful setting -- better than I ever could have imagined.
Out of no fault of his own, the ring wasn't ready when my fiancee-to-be and I were leaving the states for vacation in Mexico -- a vacation I had planned a proposal around. We looked into ways to ship the ring to our resort when the ring was ready a day later, but couldn't find proper insurance to safely ship the ring with. Rather than shipping the ring high-risk without proper insurance, Yosef PERSONALLY FLEW TO MEXICO AND DELIVERED THE RING TO ME AT THE AIRPORT IN PERSON so that I could proceed with my proposal as planned, in Mexico. I can't say enough how grateful I was that he went out of his way and above and beyond to make this work. And, she said yes!

I'd recommend Yosef and Luxe Diamonds to anyone.

Here's a link with the post from May 29, 2014 showing a picture of Yosef and I at the Cabo airport.
https://www.facebook.com/LuxeWholesaleDiamonds

...and I was born yesterday. PUH-LEASE! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Any reputable vendor could have taken your pics and made a ring -- I'm calling BS on this post.

Candygrl

Brilliant_Rock

Wow heart breaking story :(

Wow. Where do I start.

First of all, this is a real customer that recently posted his story about his ring that was flown by me to Mexico. I didn’t ask him to bump this thread to be honest, nor did I ask them to post a review here. I still do appreciate the review, Matt. Thank you for sharing.

Second of all, and the reason why I did not post here in the first place when this all took place, the original poster very conveniently left out some key facts that lead to multiple posters accusing me of theft, etc, people calling, me and I knew by me replying that it would just end up as a circus. Furthermore he would tell me he was going to sue me, he was a lawyer, etc, and so I awaited his lawsuit.

But since I may as well clear things up I will offer the following for you all to consider:

I sold **one and only warning, no private names or communication on the forum** (the original poster here) a 1.56+ct F/SI1 “RISING STAR” Diamond that would need to be CUSTOM CUT SPECIALLY FOR HIM and then would need to be sent to the GIA for evaluation/grading --- this was all to take place in the time-span of 4-6 weeks. You may be asking. What’s a RISING STAR diamond? Good question, go Google it you’ll basically see that it was a diamond shaped like a star with 5 sharp points. I contacted a diamond cutter in Israel who took a PERFECTLY GOOD ROUND 2.37ct VS2-SI1/F (non graded but guaranteed to get SI1/F) that had the right diameter and had it cut down to 1.56ct for Phillip so he could get a Rising Star diamond that would be of the diameter he was looking for. We expected it be cut to 1.56-1.65ct and so I quoted him based on 1.56ct to be safe, and in the invoice sent that he agreed to, that if the color or clarity was lower than F/SI1 he would be entitled to a partial refund of $1000 per grade. Then suddenly a couple days later after diamond cutting had begun, he had a change of heart and wanted a round brilliant instead. I informed him that I could not simply stop diamond cutting.

Long story short, I offered him a partial refund and I even put it all in writing. All he needed to do was to fill out a form, wait for a period of time that the wire transfer could not be reversed, release legal liability in settling the matter, etc but he refused.... said he was a lawyer, he was going to sue me, etc, etc. He refused to acknowledge his role in this custom cut diamond, that it was custom made, was not eligible for a full refund, etc, and simply wanted to sue me for the full amount + additional damages he felt he was entitled to, which is of course rediculous. I offered him a round cut diamond in exchange for a fair price under the circumstances, he still refused. The diamond was recut after a year had gone by because it could not be sold as a “RISING STAR” and the diamond ended up being 0.81ct pear shape, VS2/F GIA and it was sold off to another diamond vendor for $1550, nowhere near what it was worth when it was originally 2.37ct.

So you tell me, Pricescope folks, someone orders a custom cut diamond that was originally 2.37ct, gets cut to his specified 1.56ct, and ends up being worth only $1550 in the end. Is this person entitled to a full refund?

When every other jeweler REFUSED to touch this custom diamond cutting project, I of course offered **** a solution after spending a lot of my own time and money finding a solution. In hindsight, when a crazy request like this comes up, I probably should have refused it right from the get-go, like all of the other jewelers wisely did that **** contacted before me. I’m not in the odd-shape-diamond-cutting business but rather the custom engagement ring and loose certified diamond business. Lesson learned for me. But crook? No. Funny how all this information was never put in the original posting of this thread. And it’s also very funny how all the stories and speculations that all the other posters here came up with, not even knowing the full story. Bravo.

Regarding the idea I went to Mexico for vacation or all the other ridiculous stories. No, I did not. I was there for exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes, just enough time to get through Customs, give Matt his ring so he could propose as promised, and jump back on the flight back to Los Angeles. Again I didn’t ask Matt to bump this thread, but he did so because he felt compelled to do so. Out of the thousands of customers I’ve had over the years since first selling jewelry online in 1999, this is one of course I regret and wish something could have been worked out. But Phillip was very adamant that he wanted to sue me and nothing could be worked out and so it was left at that.

Congrats Matt, thank you for the kind words, and I hope you guys have a very long and prosperous marriage together.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds|1403130216|3696046 said:
Wow. Where do I start.

First of all, this is a real customer that recently posted his story about his ring that was flown by me to Mexico. I didn’t ask him to bump this thread to be honest, nor did I ask them to post a review here. I still do appreciate the review, Matt. Thank you for sharing.

Second of all, and the reason why I did not post here in the first place when this all took place, the original poster very conveniently left out some key facts that lead to multiple posters accusing me of theft, etc, people calling, me and I knew by me replying that it would just end up as a circus. Furthermore he would tell me he was going to sue me, he was a lawyer, etc, and so I awaited his lawsuit.

But since I may as well clear things up I will offer the following for you all to consider:

I sold (Customer's first AND LAST name removed by Kenny) (the original poster here) a 1.56+ct F/SI1 “RISING STAR” Diamond that would need to be CUSTOM CUT SPECIALLY FOR HIM and then would need to be sent to the GIA for evaluation/grading --- this was all to take place in the time-span of 4-6 weeks. You may be asking. What’s a RISING STAR diamond? Good question, go Google it you’ll basically see that it was a diamond shaped like a star with 5 sharp points. I contacted a diamond cutter in Israel who took a PERFECTLY GOOD ROUND 2.37ct VS2-SI1/F (non graded but guaranteed to get SI1/F) that had the right diameter and had it cut down to 1.56ct for Phillip so he could get a Rising Star diamond that would be of the diameter he was looking for. We expected it be cut to 1.56-1.65ct and so I quoted him based on 1.56ct to be safe, and in the invoice sent that he agreed to, that if the color or clarity was lower than F/SI1 he would be entitled to a partial refund of $1000 per grade. Then suddenly a couple days later after diamond cutting had begun, he had a change of heart and wanted a round brilliant instead. I informed him that I could not simply stop diamond cutting.

Long story short, I offered him a partial refund and I even put it all in writing. All he needed to do was to fill out a form, wait for a period of time that the wire transfer could not be reversed, release legal liability in settling the matter, etc but he refused.... said he was a lawyer, he was going to sue me, etc, etc. He refused to acknowledge his role in this custom cut diamond, that it was custom made, was not eligible for a full refund, etc, and simply wanted to sue me for the full amount + additional damages he felt he was entitled to, which is of course rediculous. I offered him a round cut diamond in exchange for a fair price under the circumstances, he still refused. The diamond was recut after a year had gone by because it could not be sold as a “RISING STAR” and the diamond ended up being 0.81ct pear shape, VS2/F GIA and it was sold off to another diamond vendor for $1550, nowhere near what it was worth when it was originally 2.37ct.

So you tell me, Pricescope folks, someone orders a custom cut diamond that was originally 2.37ct, gets cut to his specified 1.56ct, and ends up being worth only $1550 in the end. Is this person entitled to a full refund?

When every other jeweler REFUSED to touch this custom diamond cutting project, I of course offered Phillip a solution after spending a lot of my own time and money finding a solution. In hindsight, when a crazy request like this comes up, I probably should have refused it right from the get-go, like all of the other jewelers wisely did that (Customer's first name removed by Kenny) contacted before me. I’m not in the odd-shape-diamond-cutting business but rather the custom engagement ring and loose certified diamond business. Lesson learned for me. But crook? No. Funny how all this information was never put in the original posting of this thread. And it’s also very funny how all the stories and speculations that all the other posters here came up with, not even knowing the full story. Bravo.

Regarding the idea I went to Mexico for vacation or all the other ridiculous stories. No, I did not. I was there for exactly 1 hour and 50 minutes, just enough time to get through Customs, give Matt his ring so he could propose as promised, and jump back on the flight back to Los Angeles. Again I didn’t ask Matt to bump this thread, but he did so because he felt compelled to do so. Out of the thousands of customers I’ve had over the years since first selling jewelry online in 1999, this is one of course I regret and wish something could have been worked out. But (Customer's first name removed by Kenny) was very adamant that he wanted to sue me and nothing could be worked out and so it was left at that.

Congrats Matt, thank you for the kind words, and I hope you guys have a very long and prosperous marriage together.

1. Get a trade banner, like you agreed to when you read the terms and conditions when you registered.
2. Do not reveal people's real names. That also is in the terms you agreed to.

kenny|1403130798|3696052 said:
1. Get a trade banner, like you agreed to when you read the terms and conditions when you registered.

OK ---
1>At the time I registered in 2011 there was no such banner. I have just now enabled this.
2>When I spoke to the owner of this Forum, A***** P******* last October, he specifically told me that all public information and all facts are allowed to be posted online. I spoke to him by phone. Feel free to confirm with him if you wish. I am abiding by your policy. And infact, by you removing the name, you could be showing bias in the matter and be subjecting him to liability. I would speak to him.

vedder50

Rough_Rock

Luxe Wholesale Diamonds|1403132610|3696075 said:
kenny|1403130798|3696052 said:

OK ---
1>At the time I registered in 2011 there was no such banner. I have just now enabled this.
2>When I spoke to the owner of this Forum, A***** P******* last October, he specifically told me that all public information and all facts are allowed to be posted online. I spoke to him by phone. Feel free to confirm with him if you wish. I am abiding by your policy. And infact, by you removing the name, you could be showing bias in the matter and be subjecting him to liability. I would speak to him.

I can't help but laugh at this chump. Does he really think he's going to save face years after ripping off multiple people? Along with that, someone who posted that he personally knew this dude and confirmed he is a pile of sh*t?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results