shape
carat
color
clarity

BGD Review With Pictures! (Canadian Buyer)

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
I thought I should share my experience with Brian Gavin Diamonds. Here's the previous thread prior to the purchase "https://www.pricescope.com/communit...in-3-stone-setting-can-you-go-too-big.173574/". This was my first time buying jewelry online.

After some recommendations I decided to give BGD a call to talk with lesley about a diamond and setting. I started off by telling her how I found their business and asked about how the wire payment worked. Then I got down to the ring. I showed her the setting and diamond Gypsy had shown me. We talked about my budget and if we could make it work. She was helpful to make a deal we were both good with. I told her I had to sleep on it and I'd get back to her the next morning. She suggested I have the diamond held for myself so no one else swoops in and pick it up.

Next day rolls around and before I call Lesley I stop in at the local jeweler to see what they can do for me. They gave me a list of prices but no specifics on cuts or color and was giving me the gears about the florescence being "negligible" on the BGD diamond. So I figured I'll just go with BGD because they listed everything I needed to know on their website and had good recommendations from others. Called BGD and Lesley sent out the information for the wire payment asap. After sending the money I called Lesley who filled me in with what the usual wait time is.

BGD sent me an emails throughout the process showing which stage the ring was in which was nice. They sent pictures of the ring and the tracking number for the package after they were finished. The package from Fedex moved fast! I got a call from Fedex when it hit the border and had to send in a power of attorney form. I did a google search on the form as I thought it was odd but others noted filling out and faxing in the same form. I got a call after I faxed it in saying they needed more information on the diamond to make sure we weren't undervaluing the item. I gave them the details and the ring arrived the next morning.

I opened the box to find another box. I opened the second box to find a padded envelope. Then inside the envelope I found what I was looking for. Great packaging all the way through which is what I like to see. Getting your item in a poorly packaged box is never what you want to find. I actually thanked Lesley for the packaging in a later phone call. Another nice touch was the little white gloves then sent as well to handle the ring with. Although they would be to small for the guys with bigger hands, they worked for me though.

Ring looks fantastic and I am very happy with my purchase. I would buy from them again for sure. Thanks again to all those who gave suggestions and reassurance throughout my process. All the help really meant a lot to me! Now onto the pics!!

Center stone is a H&A .8 H VS2. Sides are .2's VS2's.

IMG_7488_638.jpg
IMG_7491_638.jpg
IMG_7495_638.jpg
IMG_7497_638.jpg
IMG_7501_638.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's stunning! You did an amazing job!!! :love: :appl:

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous ring! :love: :love:

Also, thanks for the review on BGD! Hoping to get the SO to buy from them, but hes scared haha.

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys! I really didn't do the diamond choices, I left it to the pros here =) . I thought I could give back to pricescope by giving a review and some decent pictures! Also might help out some Canadian buyers looks for options as well.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
It turned out BEAUTIFULLY, Paxinator!!! all your investigations and conversations paid off well - you had some great advisors here on PS and so glad it all went so smoothly for you! It is gorgeous - can't wait to hear about the proposal and then get some hand shots!!

The glamour shots arent the usual BGD style - do they have an alternate photographer now?

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Enerchi|1336435631|3189621 said:
It turned out BEAUTIFULLY, Paxinator!!! all your investigations and conversations paid off well - you had some great advisors here on PS and so glad it all went so smoothly for you! It is gorgeous - can't wait to hear about the proposal and then get some hand shots!!

The glamour shots arent the usual BGD style - do they have an alternate photographer now?

I was very fortunate to have the help! I actually took these photos myself. It's a hobby of mine. :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, well then - they are STUNNING!!! I thought they were amazing, but wondered where the BGD typical style went to! now we know... you are quite gifted, kind sir!!!! A man of many talents - diamond ring selections, photography..... impressive!

Post some more - we never get tired of pretty pictures on PS!!! :Up_to_something: :wink2: :Up_to_something:

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Wow thank you very much Enerchi!!! There will be more pictures taken for sure. Especially once I don't have to keep it hidden away!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoa! You could be a jewelry photographer for sure! :appl: The ring is just gorgeous! :love: I love it!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring!! I adore that setting, and the center stone is just awesome within the setting. Great choice!! :appl: Your pictures are absolutely wonderful as well!!! Like Enerchi I thought BGD had a new photog.

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring you got there. I am glad you are pleased with BGDs service and products.

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1336436724|3189638 said:
Whoa! You could be a jewelry photographer for sure! :appl: The ring is just gorgeous! :love: I love it!

Thanks for the comments seeker! Also thanks for the suggestions in my initial thread as well!

onedrop|1336436825|3189640 said:
Beautiful ring!! I adore that setting, and the center stone is just awesome within the setting. Great choice!! :appl: Your pictures are absolutely wonderful as well!!! Like Enerchi I thought BGD had a new photog.

Your comment put a big smile on my face haha. Maybe I should email these to BGD for their website :tongue: .

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous! And very nice photos. I love taking pictures of diamonds, it is such a great subject. You should start athread in SMTB with all your photos, we are very appreciative of such things around these parts!

Lotus99

Shiny_Rock
The ring is lovely! I hope the proposal goes well.

Awesome job on the photos, too. :appl:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Well done!

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You did an amazing job! BGD really does a great job from beginning to end!

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
The ring is beautiful! And so are the pics. Great job. :appl: :love:

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh my gosh it's beautiful, and great pics!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG. It's GORGEOUS!!!! It really is. What an fabulous finished product. That setting is perfectly in proportion with that lovely center! And you photography is wonderful too. I love the way you managed to put the ring surrounded by yellow and still the diamond shows off how white it is.

Posts like this just really make it all worthwhile. Thank you! And I can NOT WAIT to see the hand shots and proposal moments!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paxonator|1336437143|3189644 said:
Your comment put a big smile on my face haha. Maybe I should email these to BGD for their website :tongue: .

You should! They have a great blog and post pics from customers on there!! I love browsing on there!

Efriede

Shiny_Rock
I am glad it turned out so beautiful. Very beatiful setting and proportions are just great! Please, post hand shots, a lot of hand shots for us. Your photography skills are so good! :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
You did such a great job! You should be very proud! Your gf is going to be so very pleased!! Congratulations!

oh- and I second sending in your gorgeous photos to BGD! :))

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is absolutely beautiful! I bet its so sparkly!

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
just stunning :love:

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: It's really beautiful!!!
More pictures ASAP, please!!! TIA.

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Dreamer_D|1336438209|3189660 said:
Gorgeous! And very nice photos. I love taking pictures of diamonds, it is such a great subject. You should start athread in SMTB with all your photos, we are very appreciative of such things around these parts!

Yes this was the first time taking pictures of diamonds for me. Had to take a much different approach from what I'm used to. Maybe on my days off I'll look into posting another thread. Thanks =)

Lotus99|1336438579|3189666 said:
The ring is lovely! I hope the proposal goes well.

Awesome job on the photos, too. :appl:

Thanks Lotus I hope it all goes well to!

canuk-gal|1336438675|3189667 said:
HI:

Well done!

cheers--Sharon

Thank you Sharon =)

PintoBean|1336441351|3189702 said:
You did an amazing job! BGD really does a great job from beginning to end!

Pricescope members did most of the work and BGD helped out as well. I'm sure glad I found Pricescope!

SparklyOEC|1336442572|3189727 said:
The ring is beautiful! And so are the pics. Great job. :appl: :love:

slg47|1336443243|3189745 said:
oh my gosh it's beautiful, and great pics!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

I agree and thanks for the comment on the photos!

Paxonator

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1336453062|3189864 said:
OMG. It's GORGEOUS!!!! It really is. What an fabulous finished product. That setting is perfectly in proportion with that lovely center! And you photography is wonderful too. I love the way you managed to put the ring surrounded by yellow and still the diamond shows off how white it is.

Posts like this just really make it all worthwhile. Thank you! And I can NOT WAIT to see the hand shots and proposal moments!

Thanks so much Gypsy for somehow knowing exactly what I was looking for! I really don't think I would have ended up with this ring without your help :D .

Yeah I was very happy with how the pictures turned out. I'll work on some more photos for you guys and gals.

Again thanks for the help! I'm very grateful to have had all this knowledge and experience helping me!

Efriede|1336460761|3189893 said:
I am glad it turned out so beautiful. Very beatiful setting and proportions are just great! Please, post hand shots, a lot of hand shots for us. Your photography skills are so good! :love:

Thanks Efriede! I'm very happy about the proportions as well. Thanks for the comment!

Christina...|1336472837|3189929 said:
You did such a great job! You should be very proud! Your gf is going to be so very pleased!! Congratulations!

oh- and I second sending in your gorgeous photos to BGD! :))

Thanks Christina! I think she'll love it! And ya I may have to send an email over to Lesley with some pictures.

Maisie|1336474282|3189933 said:
That is absolutely beautiful! I bet its so sparkly!

Oh it is! Someone I know just got a ring as well I can definitely tell the quality difference between the stones!

farmer gal|1336476931|3189948 said:
just stunning :love:

Thanks =)

purplesilk|1336478717|3189960 said:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: It's really beautiful!!!
More pictures ASAP, please!!! TIA.

:)) Thanks! I'll work on some more photos soon!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Paxonator|1336484621|3190044 said:
Gypsy|1336453062|3189864 said:

Thanks so much Gypsy for somehow knowing exactly what I was looking for! I really don't think I would have ended up with this ring without your help :D .

Yeah I was very happy with how the pictures turned out. I'll work on some more photos for you guys and gals.

Again thanks for the help! I'm very grateful to have had all this knowledge and experience helping me!

You are more than welcome. :wavey:

To be fair though you deserve the credit: you were very clear about what you wanted, so there was very little guess work. You gave me your budget, knew you wanted the best round for the budget, and you showed us what type of setting exactly you wanted. From there is was a matter of connecting the dots to someone that had a nice setting in that style, in budget, and then subtracting backward to a stone budget and knowing that if we could find both at one great vendor it would be the easiest way to get what you wanted. And you were very decisive and quick to take the suggestions offered. In short, you were the ideal poster.

We would LOVE more of your amazing pics! What was the finger size on that ring by the way? It really is very lovely proportioned.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring and great photos!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty ring, and GORGEOUS photos!

Question - did you specifically ask that the sidestone prongs not be claws like the centre?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results