shape
carat
color
clarity

what''s next on your reading list?

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked up the The Help for the book club, and I'm about halfway through it. I'll definitely knock it out this weekend. I'm liking it and looking forward to the discussions!

I also went to the library today. I picked up Water For Elephants, which I'm planning to read next. I also got A Reliable Wife and The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time. I'm really excited about this batch of books.

Oh and I read Outlander last week. I've heard mixed reviews, but I loved it. I'm totally hooked! I ended up reading the Kindle for PC version, since it's free. FI and getting each other Kindles for Christmas, and I'll probably read the rest of the series on e-book. I just didn't want to end up with part of the series on e-book and part hard copies. I cannot wait to pick up with Dragonfly in Amber though!

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
the Black Swan

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm rereading Changing Planes by Ursula K. LeGuin. It's a book of short stories and I love it.
I'm also going to read The Help for PS Book Club this week, I can't wait!
And, I'm reading Mudbound for my real-life book club.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Currently

The Help - for PS book club
Cry, the Beloved Country
Little Women
and a proof of my friend's new book.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've really been lucky and been able to read all the new novels by the authors I follow. Not only that, but I didn't have to buy any; I got all of them out of the local library. As I mentioned in my last posting, I read Michael Connelly's newest book, The Reversal, followed by Steve Martini's latest book, The Rule of Nine. Then I read Lee Child's latest, Worth Dying For; Sheldon Siegel's latest, Perfect Alibi ; and am now reading David Baldacci's latest, Hell's Corner. I've enjoyed all of them!

I plan to participate in the book club discussion, but I already read, The Help. All I had to do was to buy another copy, since my niece took my copy to Spain with her and she is going to be in Spain all year, teaching!!!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Thought I'd boost this up to see what we're all up to. I just finished Water for Elephants. I read it in a day. I couldn't put it down. I'm midway through Little Women and partly into True at First Light. I'm also finishing up a book my friend wrote, and tip toeing into a book on Chinese Medicine.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for giving this thread a lift, dragonfly. It's been dormant for quite some time. I've been reading nothing except light reading for pleasure, but, as always, I would be happy to share with you what has been entertaining me!

I just finished The Fifth Witness by Michael Connelly, the author of the Harry Bosch detective stories. The Fifth Witness features another of Connelly's protagonists, the lawyer Mickey Haller who is the half brother of Detective Harry Bosch. As usual, Connelly does not disappoint!

I am now reading The Informant, a sequel to Butcher's Boy by another of my favorite authors, Thomas Perry. Like The Fifth Witness, The Informant was just published.

In between reading books that are new, I have been reading books about Detective Dave Robicheaux by James Lee Burke, in order. These are all set in New Orleans and New Iberia, Louisiana and are very atmospheric.

AGBF

Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend

CyberSpider11

Rough_Rock
I am reading some old books,

Gone with the wind by Margaret Mitchell and

The Exocet by Jack Higgins.

Well, The Exocet is a repeat for me it was one hell of a ride to read it and Gone with the wind is going to take some time for me to finish, But I know it is good and I am willing to stick with it.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Cyber - Care to share more about The Exocet?

I'm currently reading Tender is the Night which I'm LOVING and Edible Landscaping, as we are going to be working towards self sufficiency. Up next are The Chinese Way to Healing, The New Lifting for Women (weight work and diet) and I'm still contemplating a fiction.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad people are talking again in this thread. I never heard of The Exocet, but am wondering if Jack Higgins is the Higgins I used to read. I think I'll go look him up. It's been eons since I read Gone With The Wind, but I don't recall it taking me long to read. I'm always willing to discuss it, though!

I'm still reading the Dave Robicheaux series by James Lee Burke, but I've also been hanging around the author's website. One can talk to him there, which is fun if you like his books. It's also fun to discuss his books with the other readers, at least for me. And I've found that he has sent a bunch of people to the YouTube site where a poster names stbricesday put up Harry Choates' version of, "Jole Blon". (I'm doing the total immersion study of New Orleans.)

When authors, like James Lee Burke, combine adventure with characters about whom the reader actually cares it makes reading far better for me. I'm someone who needs characterization and, also, some measure of compassion towards people in fiction. Pure action just doesn't hook me in!

Deb/AGBF

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
AGBF - I agree about the pure action bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results