shape
carat
color
clarity

threads I posted in button

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
What I would like is a button that I click and it brings up a list of all the threads I posted on in the last 48 hours.
Right now I am looking for a thread I posted in earlier today to see if I need to follow up and have no clue what the title was.

Yes this can be done by going to my profile but it would be kewl to have it as a 1 button click.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good idea! Would make it a little easier that way. Couple boards I frequent have it so there was a different colored icon in front of the thread title or an arrow, showing you''d posted there. It''s pretty handy-especially if a forum gets busy, or if you''re gone for a few days.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Rather than the "Find All Posts" button under your avatar?

You mean having one that wouldn''t show all the posts, but rather each thread only once... so as to avoid redundancies?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 5:08:16 PM
Author: musey
Rather than the ''Find All Posts'' button under your avatar?

You mean having one that wouldn''t show all the posts, but rather each thread only once... so as to avoid redundancies?

That would be kewl also.... or even if it works just like find all posts but I don''t have to find a thread I posted in or go to my profile.
I would put one on the main page that shows posts on the whole board, then one in each subforum that just is for that subforum.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
this would be a good place for it...

1suggestion.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like that idea.

I''m also wondering if we shouldn''t have a faster, more efficient way to find all of the posts we''ve been quoted in. Almost all php forums I''ve been a member of have a search function, where you can search by keyword (your screen name) and click a radio button to search for posts rather than threads. It would make searching PS miles and away easier to navigate.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 7:09:13 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier

I''m also wondering if we shouldn''t have a faster, more efficient way to find all of the posts we''ve been quoted in. Almost all php forums I''ve been a member of have a search function, where you can search by keyword (your screen name) and click a radio button to search for posts rather than threads. It would make searching PS miles and away easier to navigate.
I do a workaround for that... I go to the search, type in my username as a keyword and usually search by date (starting the last day I logged in/searched).

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 5:37:04 PM

I do a workaround for that... I go to the search, type in my username as a keyword and usually search by date (starting the last day I logged in/searched).
Not sure how you do that to get them in chronological order? I just searched everything with my username as the keyword, selected the date 8/3/2009, and pulled a ton of threads from 2007 and 2006, etc.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 2:09:33 PM
Author:strmrdr

...Yes this can be done by going to my profile but it would be kewl to have it as a 1 button click.
Guess what? I never knew that, Storm!!! Hey, THANKS!

We are all learning all kinds of things!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 9:57:25 PM
Author: Lynn B
Date: 8/18/2009 2:09:33 PM

Author:strmrdr

...Yes this can be done by going to my profile but it would be kewl to have it as a 1 button click.

Guess what? I never knew that, Storm!!! Hey, THANKS!

We are all learning all kinds of things!
36.gif
:}

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/23/2009 9:12:08 PM
Date: 8/19/2009 5:37:04 PM
Not sure how you do that to get them in chronological order? I just searched everything with my username as the keyword, selected the date 8/3/2009, and pulled a ton of threads from 2007 and 2006, etc.
You may not have checked the "date" box in the "search by" section at the top of the search options. If you did, then I''m not sure... The search on PS is for sure wonky and problematic.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2009 2:38:00 PM
Author: packrat
Good idea! Would make it a little easier that way. Couple boards I frequent have it so there was a different colored icon in front of the thread title or an arrow, showing you''d posted there. It''s pretty handy-especially if a forum gets busy, or if you''re gone for a few days.
I definitely agree with this suggestion. I tend to forget where I''ve been and this would be a great reminder!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results