shape
carat
color
clarity

Apparently I can subscribe to be alerted to new posts...

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
but I have no idea how I will be alerted. Email? I haven't received any. Is it an icon? An onsite message? I wish there was more explanation of the functionality because it's not clear to me (and I am a user experience designer for websites for my job) so I'm sure there are many others who also are confused.

Additionally, the information hierarchy is weird and inconsistent. I'm not always clear of the site structure and nesting of pages.

MarieCC

Rough_Rock
Agree- I have an issues with this as well, keep having to log in and look at my posts to see if anyone has replied... Sureley there is an option to have an email send when there is a reply to something you have posted?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
There's a row of tabs right above all the comments. It's the "Subscribe Topic" tab. :)

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty|1344743196|3250023 said:
There's a row of tabs right above all the comments. It's the "Subscribe Topic" tab. :)

I know how to subscribe, but I'm not sure how this 'subscription' will alert me. Where do I see that there's been a new post? Do I get an email? Does an alert pop up on the site? Will the topic display as highlighted?

None of the conventions that i'm familiar with regarding how 'subscribed topics' work seem to be in play here, so it's pretty bizarre to me!

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
They send you an email every time someone responds/edits their comments. If you didn't use a functional email when you registered (I know not everyone does), that might be why you haven't gotten any alerts?

ieatbugs

Shiny_Rock
ForteKitty|1344821095|3250427 said:
They send you an email every time someone responds/edits their comments. If you didn't use a functional email when you registered (I know not everyone does), that might be why you haven't gotten any alerts?

I definitely used my functional email and still haven't been getting them, and they aren't in my spam folder either...

But why is there no Official information on the forums that explains this stuff? :(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results