shape
carat
color
clarity

Your mission, should you choose to accept it - Help me find a wedding band! :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
My solitaire search came to an end, and my Scott Kay should be on its way to me by Oct22nd (cross your fingers!).
9.gif

And now... I have to choose a wedding band! I wanted a Tiffany Jazz replica, but the solitaire ended up costing more than I had hoped, and my budget is a wee bit limited right now. So the bezel band will have to wait, which is okay.
1.gif

So.

Budget: $400. And I really can''t go over.
Metal: Palladium. I really want the ering and wedding ring to be the same metal.
Width: No more than 3mm.
Dislike: I don''t like Pave or Channel Set Diamonds. I know, I''m odd.

So... here''s the solitaire we''re trying to find a mate for:

skayay!.JPG

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Anyone have any thoughts or ideas for me? All opinions are appreciated, as always!
1.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the upper right one.

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
out of the 4 I like the top right, but I''m curious, have you looked for a Tiffany Jazz Replica? I guess finding it in Palladium would be the challenge though....
34.gif

I''ll keep my eyes peeled for other ideas ;-)

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 9:56:32 AM
Author: mela lu
out of the 4 I like the top right, but I'm curious, have you looked for a Tiffany Jazz Replica? I guess finding it in Palladium would be the challenge though....
34.gif

I'll keep my eyes peeled for other ideas ;-)
Oh yes.. I have looked... and looked... and left no stone unturned, LOL! The lowest quote I could get for palladium was $700 for a half eternity, and that's quite a bit out of budget. I'd really like WF to make it, but their quote was over 1K. Meh.

ETA: It's okay though, it gives me something to shoot for in the future.
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
love upper left, followed by upper right! Keep us posted.

MMT

Ideal_Rock
I really like the simplicity of the lower right. Your ering looks beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:12:13 AM
Author: MMT
I really like the simplicity of the lower right. Your ering looks beautiful!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
MMT - that''s the stock photo from Pearlmans. Cross your fingers that mine looks that good! LOL!
9.gif

I''m leaning towards one of the two on the right, top and/or bottom. Hmmm. The engraved one is cheap enough that I bet I could also get a 2mm knife edge. Hmmmm.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/2/2008 9:51:18 AM
Author: geckodani
And here are the 4 I'm currently considering:
I'm voting top right too! After that, bottom right b/c it's so sleek and pretty...just wonder if you won't miss a little bling (which is why i voted top right). I like the contrast of the scrolly band with the sleekness of the ering too!

ysj99

Shiny_Rock
Also love the simplicity of the one on the lower right. I think the engraved bands are beautiful, but as a lotion addict myself, I feel that I''d get lotion gunk in the crevices.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:55:44 AM
Author: ysj99
Also love the simplicity of the one on the lower right. I think the engraved bands are beautiful, but as a lotion addict myself, I feel that I''d get lotion gunk in the crevices.
I always take my rings off when I lotion up. Total lotion addict over here too!
9.gif

Here''s a pic of Alleyoop''s set, which is what gave me the idea. Line to Alleyoop''s Rings

I really liked the contrast of the engraving with the slick band, which is when I went on the prowl and found the ArtCarved engraved bands (the 2 on the top of the 4 I posted). I looked for Alleyoop''s band, but it comes in gold, not palladium.

watersset1.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 12:04:52 PM
Author: mrsv
Better Than Diamond Plain Palladium Ring The 3mm band is only $250
This 2.7mm soft knife edge band from BTD is $260 which is again fairly inexpensive. I would say look in unusual places for wedding bands....you may be able to find a better price.
Thanks mrsv! I''ve googled every take on palladium, ring, wedding ring, band etc I could think of.
3.gif
Which is why I turned to you guys!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 11:54:10 AM
Author: violet3

Date: 10/2/2008 9:51:18 AM
And here are the 4 I''m currently considering:
I''m voting top right too! After that, bottom right b/c it''s so sleek and pretty...just wonder if you won''t miss a little bling (which is why i voted top right). I like the contrast of the scrolly band with the sleekness of the ering too!
Me too! Which is odd, because I used to be matchy matchy to the extreme!

E B

Ideal_Rock
Top right! I love the contrast with the sleekness of the Scott Kay, and it''ll have a lot of presence on its own, as well!

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
What about this one, it is $449 from Union Diamond and it is Palladium 1.8mm to 2.1mm
Round Brilliant Bar Set Wedding Band
Modernly Chic Ladies Wedding Band containing Five Bar Set Round Brilliant Cut Diamonds

JWB295-5PD.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I like the plain knife edge look! Such a clean and simple look that will be easily stackable later on when you get your jazz replica (or anything else blingier). Of course the engraved ones may look great with it too. If I didn''t already have a band to use, I''d get a plain one first as my "wedding" band and plan to get an infinite number of "anniversary" bands later on to mix up the look.
31.gif

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the upper right one - I think it would look really good with your new e-ring!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/2/2008 3:02:36 PM
Author: Kelli
I like the plain knife edge look! Such a clean and simple look that will be easily stackable later on when you get your jazz replica (or anything else blingier). Of course the engraved ones may look great with it too. If I didn''t already have a band to use, I''d get a plain one first as my ''wedding'' band and plan to get an infinite number of ''anniversary'' bands later on to mix up the look.
31.gif
Yeah... I''ve worn a plain band for 2 years though, LOL. I think I might be in the mood for a change.........

Okay, I think I''m going to call around and see if anyone has this one in stock so I can see it IRL.

artcarvedfun.JPG

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I see your point! I''d probably feel the same way
1.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Okay... so I tried on the ArtCarved band and wasn''t crazy about it.

I have the option of getting the plain palladium knife edge band to match the ering, OR a blingy band in white gold from Overstock.com.

What do you thing - get the matching metals, or go for something a bit sparklier?

I wouldn''t want to mix the metals if both bands were plain, but I think perhaps if the wedding band has stones in it, it won''t be as noticeable or bother me.

Thoughts?

E B

Ideal_Rock
I vote ''a bit sparklier''!

I''ll see what I can find.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 5:55:07 PM
Author: EBree

You rock EBree.
9.gif
Has the sun come out for your photoshoot yet?

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 5:57:37 PM

I vote 'a bit sparklier'!

I'll see what I can find.

You rock EBree.
9.gif

It sure did! But all of my photos still had a "blue" cast to them, so I'm going to see what else I can get today or tomorrow.

As for the band, what about something like this:

Palladium 2.2mm Engraved Band

...with several small diamonds burnished in by a local jeweler? I don't know how much it'd cost, but it might be worth looking into. That's what I did- I bought a plain platinum band and had diamonds put in to look like the Tiffany Etoile (scattered). I don't recall it being too much, either.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2008 6:01:25 PM

Date: 10/11/2008 5:57:37 PM

You rock EBree.
9.gif

It sure did! But all of my photos still had a ''blue'' cast to them, so I''m going to see what else I can get today or tomorrow.

As for the band, what about something like this:

Palladium 2.2mm Engraved Band

...with several small diamonds burnished in by a local jeweler? I don''t know how much it''d cost, but it might be worth looking into. That''s what I did- I bought a plain platinum band and had diamonds put in to look like the Tiffany Etoile (scattered). I don''t recall it being too much, either.
It''s not a bad idea, but I think it will probably push over the edge of the budget. Meh. I''ll check it out though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results