shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Yellow Gold Bezel Halo (1.09 center)

kat08

Rough_Rock
My new ring is here!! :appl: It's a yellow gold bezel halo with a 1.09 center diamond (roughly 6.7mm before bezeling), J color, VS2, GIA XXX. I took a couple pictures, and I'll post more later. It was hard to take a pic of my own hand! I'll see if I can get a better one once my dh is home. My ring size is a 5.

yg-bezel-halo.jpg

yg-bezel-halo-hand.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
STUNNING!!!

Congrats and enjoy!

kmarla

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's just beautiful and I love the contrast with the YG. Congratulations!!

kat08

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much! I was a little worried about how much sparkle I'd lose with a bezel, but so far it's sparkling beautifully. And they really made the bezel thin like I wanted. I'm meeting a friend for drinks tonight, and I wonder if she'll notice my new setting… it's too bad she's not into diamonds (all my close friends are academic types who aren't into bling :cry: ) , so I can't really show it off. That's why I love you guys! I have somewhere to share my love of sparkly things! :D

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is beautiful!!! I love yellow gold, and it looks gorgeous on you!!!

kat08

Rough_Rock
I have a few more pics. :naughty: I'll get some more hand shots soon.

My daughter helped me get a profile pic. And to make my awesome daughter happy (she's 8 and looking over my shoulder), I'm going to add an emoticon that she picks… :lickout:

My thoughts so far on the diamond and a bezel:
I have a 59% table so I was expecting it to be brighter versus fiery. But interestingly, it seems more fiery to me! There seem to be more intense fiery flashes with deeper colors than I remember with my other diamond. Also, because of the yellow gold bezel, I see fiery flashes of deep yellow more often, especially indoors, which are very pretty to me. Can a bezel make a diamond look more fiery? Or am I just imagining it, lol? I only have my memory to go by of the other diamond. Overall, it's a nice bright diamond, although maybe a tad darker in some situations than my other diamond. I'm enjoying my new stone. It definitely has its own personality.

The diamond is a J and it looks very white outside. The faint florescence probably helps. Sometimes it even leans a little blue to my eye, which I wasn't expecting with just a faint florescence, but I really like. Indoors, it looks white, or a lovely antique white/cream, depending on the lighting.

I just wanted to add my thoughts since before I got my ring, I really wondered how a yellow gold bezel would affect a diamond. I'll add more thoughts later, if there's anything new to add, as I continue to get to know my ring.

yg-bezel-halo-2.jpg

yg-bezel-halo-3.jpg

yg-bezel-halo-4.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kat, I really love that gold bezel. I've been staring at the SingleStone gold bezels and am trying to figure out if I have the guts to go for one. That is gorgeous. Gives it such a luxurious feel, if you can get that from a ring. And the center looks fabulously white too!! :love: :love:

Ally66

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow -- I LOVE that! Gorgeous, gorgeous setting, and yellow gold is my favorite! Enjoy that beauty!

Smith1942

Ideal_Rock
It's really beautiful! Is it from BGD? It looks like one of their settings. Just gorgeous! :love:

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love Yellow Gold. Beautiful Ring!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
It's so pretty!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am really surprised that its not a bigger diamond - it sure looks bigger than 1 ct in that halo and it is a beautiful ring at that. There is something so lovely about yellow gold and diamonds. :praise:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, you made Jewel of the Week!! Woo-Hoo!

1921765gi8123j4c.gif

I adore halos and yours is just gorgeous!! Love the style of the setting and the yg - and your diamond really does look bigger than a carat - great finger coverage too!! :appl:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow.. the yellow gold really makes it pop!! It's wonderful!!! :love:
Enjoy it!!!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Ooh! Lovely! The halo really makes your diamond pop!
Enjoy your new bling!

kat08

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much everyone! I was excited to see that my ring was chosen for Jewel of the Week! :D

I went out with my friend last night, and she noticed and complimented my ring on her own. I think this ring style has more presence on my hand, and I still can't get over how fiery and high contrast the diamond is. It's just very colorful in general--it's a magnet for colors around it--in so many types of light. That's been a pleasant surprise!

kat08

Rough_Rock
LLJsmom|1386364671|3569024 said:
Kat, I really love that gold bezel. I've been staring at the SingleStone gold bezels and am trying to figure out if I have the guts to go for one. That is gorgeous. Gives it such a luxurious feel, if you can get that from a ring. And the center looks fabulously white too!! :love: :love:

I definitely love the look of a yellow gold bezel (and yellow gold in general). With a yellow gold bezel, the diamond will sometimes pick up some of the yellow color, depending on the lighting. I don't mind that, though, and was expecting it. I love a warm look. If you do get one, I can't wait to see it!

ETA: If you're curious about the effect of a yg bezel on color, I did calibrate the colors for the photos, so the photos should be close to real life.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Hubba bubba! I'm not a yellow gold kinda girl but I looooove that! :shock: Congrats on your new ring!!

JLW05

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful! The setting of my engagement ring is yellow gold.For a long while, most settings I saw were platinum and white gold and I am glad that I am seeing more yellow gold settings because I think that yellow gold and diamonds look fabulous together.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful! I personally love diamonds in yg and agree that it makes them pop! Enjoy your gorgeous new ring :appl:

RayNay111

Rough_Rock
It is SO beautiful. :love: I've been thinking about getting a yellow gold e-ring, as I wear mostly yellow gold, but rarely see them where I live. Your ring makes me think yellow gold really is the right choice for me. Thanks so much for sharing!

mrswahs

Shiny_Rock
Amazing!! This is definitely my favorite type of halo. So clean and gorgeous. Yellow gold isn't normally my style but I just LOVE this!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
It's beautiful!

kat08

Rough_Rock
Smith1942|1386372997|3569108 said:
It's really beautiful! Is it from BGD? It looks like one of their settings. Just gorgeous! :love:

Thank you! It's from Brilliant Earth.

minousbijoux|1386387512|3569258 said:
I am really surprised that its not a bigger diamond - it sure looks bigger than 1 ct in that halo and it is a beautiful ring at that. There is something so lovely about yellow gold and diamonds. :praise:

:D It looks bigger to me, too! I'm loving the size. At one point, I'd worried if it would be too big on my finger, silly me! It looks just right.

JLW05|1386472024|3569872 said:
Just beautiful! The setting of my engagement ring is yellow gold.For a long while, most settings I saw were platinum and white gold and I am glad that I am seeing more yellow gold settings because I think that yellow gold and diamonds look fabulous together.

I'm also enjoying seeing all the variety for metal colors these days! There are some styles that I do prefer in a white metal, but I'm a big fan of warmer metals in general; it just looks better with my skin tone. I could probably wear something like unplated white gold, but grayer-toned metals like platinum tend to wash me out.

RayNay111|1386559152|3570267 said:
It is SO beautiful. :love: I've been thinking about getting a yellow gold e-ring, as I wear mostly yellow gold, but rarely see them where I live. Your ring makes me think yellow gold really is the right choice for me. Thanks so much for sharing!

If you wear mostly yellow gold anyway, I bet you'd love a yg e-ring!

And thanks everyone for your comments and letting me share!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful and congratulations on jewel of the week! The yellow gold really makes the halo stand out (in a great way). Wear that beauty with pride!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results